404 replies to this topic

5onIt

5onIt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
WORKING!!

Repairing permissions didn't fix squat (as per usual), so after doing a "ls -laF" I did notice that the owner and group were wrong. So "chown -R root:wheel skge.kext" saved the day.

5onIt

5onIt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Driver is loading but showing errors. Can't send or receive traffic. Couldn't get the 02D driver to work at all, even with the same settings. This is the listing from dmesg for the 02E driver.

skgeosx::probe(pci1799,5005)
skgeosx::start(pci1799,5005) <1>
skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2e ---- M.Musashi ©2007
skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:5005 Rev:12
skgeosx: board is Yukon
skgeosx: registerWithPolicyMaker
skgeosx: setPowerState state 1
skgeosx: board is built-in
skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:30:bd:b8:2f:47
skgeosx: Enabled!
skgeosx: setMulticastMode on
skgeosx: setMulticastMode off
skgeosx ERR: ouputPacket() stall 125:125:0

I'll let you know what else I find.

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
try going into system preferences->network and check ethernet properties
what version of OSX have you got?
good luck

5onIt

5onIt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm running 10.4.11 on a G4 500. And yes, I went into Ethernet properties and tried every configuartion I could think of. Still no go.

b2unit

b2unit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks b2unit!
You are right. 02e is intel only. does 02d work on your G4? I'll briefly upload a PPC version in the front
page for you to test. Please let me know if works

mm

ps: 120+ downloads and just one report?

I tried 02d but doesn't work.

the 02e(U) seem like working but doesn't.
when I tried 02e(U) I can see NIC's info on Hardware PCI card section in System profiler.
and can set network configure in Network Preference window
also can see green light. NIC H/W LED blinking.
but I can't access internet. everything seems perfect but doesn't work..
(my network environments have no problem. everything works fine)
when I used command line "sudo dmesg | grep "skge" in terminal
but I couldn't find any error messege.

please let me know what you want to know.
I really want to see my NIC is working on my G4(Mac OS 10.4.11)

thanks,

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
b2unit: what do you mean with: "my network environments have no problem. everything works fine"?

if you mean you can connect to shared drives, networked computers, etc. and only have problems with internet websites, that means the DNS is not set properly. And no, that has nothing to do with the driver.

anyway, please post the skge messages (even without errors)

5onlt: no idea how to help you further. Driver works but something is blocking traffic. Did you modify the IONetworkingFamily kext?

MichielM

MichielM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have a Marvell Yukon 88E8001 and I first modified the IONetworking thing and then used your skge.kext (0.2e). Didn't work, reversed the IONetworking kext and now it's working with skge.kext version 0.2e :)

b2unit

b2unit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

b2unit: what do you mean with: "my network environments have no problem. everything works fine"?

if you mean you can connect to shared drives, networked computers, etc. and only have problems with internet websites, that means the DNS is not set properly. And no, that has nothing to do with the driver.

anyway, please post the skge messages (even without errors)
5onlt: no idea how to help you further. Driver works but something is blocking traffic. Did you modify the IONetworkingFamily kext?

here's skge messages
Last login: Wed Nov 28 23:53:17 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
trhservers-power-mac-g4-agp-graphics:~ trhserver$ sudo dmesg | grep "skge"
Password:
skgeosx::probe(pci1186,4b01)
skgeosx::start(pci1186,4b01) <1>
skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2e ---- M.Musashi 2007
skgeosx: VendorID:1186 DeviceID:4b01 Rev:11
skgeosx: board is Yukon-Lite
skgeosx: registerWithPolicyMaker
skgeosx: setPowerState state 1
skgeosx: board is built-in
skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:00:00:00:00:00(I changed this address :shock: )
skgeosx: Enabled!
skgeosx: setMulticastMode off
skgeosx: link speed now 100 Mbps, full duplex.
skgeosx: link speed now 1000 Mbps, full duplex.
skgeosx: IS_MAC1
skgeosx ERR: ouputPacket() stall 125:125:0

yesterday I didn't notice the error message but it is. Same symptoms with 5onlt.
there are no shared drives, networked computers etc..

"my network environments have no problem. everything works fine" means
G4/450 works fine with network under originally installed ethernet port.

I didn't modify the IONetworkingFamily kext. MacOS 10.4.11 is almost pure condition.
I installed skge.kext right after reinstall MacOS w/uptodate OS environment.

thanks,

I really want to see it's working.

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
dunno
try from Terminal the following commands:

ifconfig (check if ethernet is en0, if not set it as en0)
ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en0 up

now check dmesg log

b2unit

b2unit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

dunno

ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en0 up

now check dmesg log

I tried but followings I got..

g4-agp-graphics:~ trhserver$ sudo -s
Password:
g4-agp-graphics:~ root# ifconfig (check if ethernet is en0, if not set it as en0)
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `check'
g4-agp-graphics:~ root# ifconfig en0 down
g4-agp-graphics:~ root# ifconfig en0 up
g4-agp-graphics:~ root#
g4-agp-graphics:~ root# now check dmesg log
bash: now: command not found

if you dont mind could you show me exactly same command line for terminal?
I dont know well about terminal thing.

5onIt

5onIt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

dunno

ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en0 up

now check dmesg log

Ahhhh... didn't know that. I have built-in Ethernet on the motherboard and I also have a RealTek 8139 card as well. So my Marvel card is showing up as en3. So in ifconfig there is a way to set the card to en0 and the built-in to some other number?

b2unit

b2unit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

dunno

ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en0 up

now check dmesg log

one thing I found. As I know DGE 530T support jumbo frame.
here's the DGE 530T product feature
http://www.dlink.com...p...d=879&sec=0

but when I installed the skge.kext it doesn't support jumbo frame.
(this option setting in System preference/network/ethernet/Maximum Packet Size(MTU)/Jumbo is dimmed. cannot select.)

I hope this could be helpful for solving this situation.

thanks,

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
b2unit:

I think jumbo frames is the last of your issues, if you cannot get the card to work. Anyway I don't have the time to implement them - I could explain what the issue is with IOKit compared to Linux but wouldn't help. The source is published so if somebody needs them ...

But first thing is you need to learn how to use terminal!! the list of ifconfig command I gave is not just to cut&paste in terminal :( the "(check if ethernet is en0, if not set it as en0)" is not a command to terminal but to your brain. and the same goes for "now check dmesg log". means use the dmesg command and check what comes out re skge :)

5onlt: not sure it has to be en0, but worth trying. As to how to set it, I've never done it and right now I'm not at a Mac to test. Check "man ifconfig" or search the forum

b2unit

b2unit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks anyway~ but if you have time please try again. I think almost done right? :P

5onIt

5onIt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
OK... I'll try a few things in ifconfig. Maybe you can shed a little light to help guide my way?

My card is showing this info..

Vendor ID: 11AB
Subsystem Vender ID: 1799
Device ID: 5005

So what should I enter into the info.plist file... 0x17995005, 0x11AB5005, 0x50051799 ???

Also - Could you give me some insight as to what this error is...
"skgeosx ERR: ouputPacket() stall 125:125:0"

That should at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!!

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
5onlt: 0x50051799, but why do u ask? the driver loads therefore the ids are correctly entered = no need to modify. The error means that the output queue is full and the system stalled. Most likely there's a problem with IONetworkingFamily.
Without access to the machine I cannot do anything more, but I'm inclined to believe that there's something wrongly setup in your system ... 30K+ downloads and 99.9% of people managed to get online so there's a good chance the driver actually works :)

b2unit: maybe I wasn't clear enough. Jumbo frames have nothing to do with your network not working. Plus, do you run a server? if the answer is no then you don't need jumbos.

5onIt

5onIt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
OK - I booted from a clean install of OS 10.4.11. Haven't modified IONetworkingFamily at all. In fact, I haven't even touched that directory. Intalled the skge driver and still the same error.

Only thing I can think of is that Belkin must not be following standards and is doing some kind of "vodoo" with this card, and therefore your driver won't work. I'll keep trying a few things here and there, but for now it looks like your driver won't work with this card.

It's *slightly* possible that the card is damaged, but it works just fine in my RedHat box when I load the driver from the Belkin CD.

b2unit

b2unit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

5onlt: 0x50051799, but why do u ask? the driver loads therefore the ids are correctly entered = no need to modify. The error means that the output queue is full and the system stalled. Most likely there's a problem with IONetworkingFamily.
Without access to the machine I cannot do anything more, but I'm inclined to believe that there's something wrongly setup in your system ... 30K+ downloads and 99.9% of people managed to get online so there's a good chance the driver actually works :)

b2unit: maybe I wasn't clear enough. Jumbo frames have nothing to do with your network not working. Plus, do you run a server? if the answer is no then you don't need jumbos.

I think your 2e_u version made big progress because DGE530T was recognized by G4/450 through your latest driver. it wasn't before. :)
I don't know well about programming .kext file but I think it's very tiny problem even though can't be found easily and it could be fixed swiftly.
I'm using g4/450 as my personal server so I need a gigabit NIC & Jumbo frame. if you have a time please keep going for the people like me.

thanks M.

felikz

felikz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
great!!!
thanks (p4c800-deluxe)!

MichielM

MichielM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I've a Marvell 8001 NIC (on an Asus P5B-V) and I use the Leopard build of your skge.kext.

Every time I boot my PC I get a kernel panic from skge.kext (1 in 2 boots, the next time it boots is does work). Could you explain this why it doesn't work the first time and does work the second time ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy