Marvell Yukon 8001 - the driver

m.musashi

409 posts in this topic

5onlt: 0x50051799, but why do u ask? the driver loads therefore the ids are correctly entered = no need to modify. The error means that the output queue is full and the system stalled. Most likely there's a problem with IONetworkingFamily.

Without access to the machine I cannot do anything more, but I'm inclined to believe that there's something wrongly setup in your system ... 30K+ downloads and 99.9% of people managed to get online so there's a good chance the driver actually works :)

b2unit: maybe I wasn't clear enough. Jumbo frames have nothing to do with your network not working. Plus, do you run a server? if the answer is no then you don't need jumbos.

OK - I booted from a clean install of OS 10.4.11. Haven't modified IONetworkingFamily at all. In fact, I haven't even touched that directory. Intalled the skge driver and still the same error.

Only thing I can think of is that Belkin must not be following standards and is doing some kind of "vodoo" with this card, and therefore your driver won't work. I'll keep trying a few things here and there, but for now it looks like your driver won't work with this card.

It's *slightly* possible that the card is damaged, but it works just fine in my RedHat box when I load the driver from the Belkin CD.

5onlt: 0x50051799, but why do u ask? the driver loads therefore the ids are correctly entered = no need to modify. The error means that the output queue is full and the system stalled. Most likely there's a problem with IONetworkingFamily.

Without access to the machine I cannot do anything more, but I'm inclined to believe that there's something wrongly setup in your system ... 30K+ downloads and 99.9% of people managed to get online so there's a good chance the driver actually works :)

b2unit: maybe I wasn't clear enough. Jumbo frames have nothing to do with your network not working. Plus, do you run a server? if the answer is no then you don't need jumbos.

I think your 2e_u version made big progress because DGE530T was recognized by G4/450 through your latest driver. it wasn't before. :)

I don't know well about programming .kext file but I think it's very tiny problem even though can't be found easily and it could be fixed swiftly.

I'm using g4/450 as my personal server so I need a gigabit NIC & Jumbo frame. if you have a time please keep going for the people like me.

thanks M.

• 2 weeks later...

I've a Marvell 8001 NIC (on an Asus P5B-V) and I use the Leopard build of your skge.kext.

Every time I boot my PC I get a kernel panic from skge.kext (1 in 2 boots, the next time it boots is does work). Could you explain this why it doesn't work the first time and does work the second time ?

in this case you haven't loaded the driver correctly or set the pid/vid in info.plist. Download 0.2e and try again

Hi musashi,

Thanks for skge (0.2e) driver. It's working on my newly Leopard install Toh RC2 10.5.0 with onboard Marvell Yukon 8001 on Asus P4P800SE P4 3.0G SSE3/ATIX1600Pro system.

I followed your instruction of installing skge in /System/Library/Extensions/

However I read somewhere that skge can be install in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily/Contents/Plugins/

I tried and it works too.

Questions:

1. Which is the better way and why?

2. For Leopard, whchich is better skge(0.2e) or skge(0.2e)U?

I asked because I am encountering some time and screen saver problems.

Thank you for your time.

i have iatkos leoaprd and ethernet card DGE-530T. I install skge e.

i can see ethenrnet but it is allways disconected, i cant connect on my network.

when i sudo dmesg a cant find messages with skgeosx

where is problem???

problem fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely brilliant. I've been struggling with this problem ever since I installed Mac OSX on my PC about 3 weeks ago. Now my internet is working thank to you.

BTW, I've never touched a MAC till this install but found your install instructions very simple to follow. Hard part was finding "Termina" :-)

Once again, thank you very much. Now for my crappy Radeon 9200 video.

OK, on a whim I reversed the hex codes and entered this instead 0x50051799. The extension now seems to be recognised, but when it boots to the desktop I get this error:

System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

So I reinstalled per the instructions on your initial post. Same error.

I'm getting the same error on a Leopard OS. How do you make this work?

For p4c800-deluxe working skge.kext (for kissin)!

Attached File(s)

Attached File skge.kext.zip ( 45.56K ) Number of downloads: 13

Well, Mine P4C800 Deluxe doesn't work.. It says that the Driver was improperly installed so it wouldn' be used.. =(

Pleasee help me....

Help!!! Please tell me what am I doing wrong? I tried installing the kext file, but with every file, I am getting the same error "Permission denied"

I have the "Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller" I downloaded skge.kext to my root folder of the disk, opened Terminal and typed the following:

{user}s-ACPI:~ {user}$ sudo -s {password}

{user}s-ACPI:~ {user}$ cp -R /skge.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext: Permission denied

cp: /skge.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext: Permission denied

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /skge.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /skge.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/MacOS/skge: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /skge.kext/Contents/Resources: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /skge.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

{user}s-ACPI:~ {user}$

Mac OS X 10.5 (9A581)

Darwin 9.0.0

Pentium 4 3.0 GHz (shows up as 3.22GHZ in System Profiler?"

1.5 GB RAM 800 MHz

PCIe 128 MB display

Thanks for the skgekext man, it works. Had to run it twice using the kexthelper, I´m typing this on my kaly 10.5.1 Leo hack. Funny thing is it worked just ok out of the box with kaly 10.4.10. All but onboard sound worked ok. Well sound worked but not good but I´m using a FW soundcard so I did´nt bother to look for a kext for it. No sound on Leo though.

My specs are

Asus p4p800se

Pny Gforce 6200

Pentium P4 clocked to 3,3 Ghz works up to 3,6 but can act a bit strange

3 gig memory using two 1gig and two 0,5 gig

630 W power supply

seagate 7200 rpm 160 gig

Thanks