How to get AR5006EG / AR5007EG atheros wlan working and sound for Acer Aspire 4720z

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

jasballz

jasballz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

So, KisMAC Trunk r319 cant seem to find any networks hopefully somone can help guide me to get on the right path. Here is what i have done in order:

Installed mac 10.5.5 from iatkos v5i

downloaded mac 10.5.6 update on my pc put it in usb and installed it on the mac laptop

Used Kext Helper B7 to install the following kexts:

I080211Family.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext
HDAEnabler.kext
IOPCMIAFamily.kext

turned airport on and made it so it appeared on the toolbar

put kisMac trunk r319 on the desktop set its preference device to:

Apple Airport or airport extreme card,active mode

oh i forgot somewhere in there i ran alc268_installer

EDIT: just upated with mac's new airport 2009 update, and it airport says no card found, and when i click start scan, it comes up saying loading apple airport extreame card passive mode disappears and stops

Whenever you update to Apple's airport you have to reinstall IOMPMCIA, IONETWORKINGFamily, Io80211, and maybe PCICard. Sound kexts don't effect wifi. Does it recognize your airport or not? You have to make sure you delete the extensions cache (extensions.mkext), ALL OF THEM, and repair permissions too. Also please make sha to read over my guide and see if your problem can't be fixed with one of the many solutions offered or the solutions other users have found in replies to this topic. And also make sure that your device vendor ids are (168cx001c)

流星诗雨

流星诗雨

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
oh,my god ,i meet both problems

my ALC268 soundboard's DeviceID is 0x026810de (seen in vista (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_10250127&REV_1000)

but in iDeneb 10.5.6 only can be read as 0x01271025 i dont konw why?
so ,may i ask dose your sound driver capbale for 0x026810de???
thanks

流星诗雨

流星诗雨

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
i Can not extract all of these packages :) ,and all of those ALC268 driver can't work in my bookmy wireless device ID is 0x001c168cAudio deviceID is 0x026810ecwould u please send those drive to me z.haibin@yahoo.com.cnthank u

jasballz

jasballz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
To the stalker who hunted down my email and asked some words about ALC: 1) I cannot reply to you in email, therefore I am posting to you here 2) This guide is primarily about WIFI: caught on yet? 3) There is no gr8r tutor in this world besides -YOU- 4) If you or anybody else decides to stalk dwn my -personal- email vs PMing me--I will stalk YOU down and start asking you technical questions and see how YOU lke it! 5) Also if you had read my SIGNATURE youd see I no longer -boot- mac os x86; I virtualize: I wrote a guide on that too; same rules apply. 6) Good job! 7) You have now fixed your problem! -Thx!- -Bows- ;-) Jas -just Jas--neither Butso, Tagatha nor Bodhisattva--just a 21-yr-old trickster!

If anyone else would like someone to hold their hand and walk them thru -this- complex! guide: you are more than welcome to email the wonderful poster who spat out his email in about two posts above--asking about ALC such-and-such. --This man is more knowlledgable than I, plz email him your questions as he is more than happy to offer a reply! May help! May not! Its up to you. Jas -- Everything taken care of. Heart pumps, lungs breathe, mind thinks. Jas jas-es. Jas is a 21-year-old trickster! Do not trust him at all! -Thank you!- -bows.-

a hand to hold yours: zihaibin@yahoo.com.cn

*a hand to hold yours: z.haibin@yahoo.com.cn *

流星诗雨

流星诗雨

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

To the stalker who hunted down my email and asked some words about ALC: 1) I cannot reply to you in email, therefore I am posting to you here 2) This guide is primarily about WIFI: caught on yet? 3) There is no gr8r tutor in this world besides -YOU- 4) If you or anybody else decides to stalk dwn my -personal- email vs PMing me--I will stalk YOU down and start asking you technical questions and see how YOU lke it! 5) Also if you had read my SIGNATURE youd see I no longer -boot- mac os x86; I virtualize: I wrote a guide on that too; same rules apply. 6) Good job! 7) You have now fixed your problem! -Thx!- -Bows- ;-) Jas -just Jas--neither Butso, Tagatha nor Bodhisattva--just a 21-yr-old trickster!

If anyone else would like someone to hold their hand and walk them thru -this- complex! guide: you are more than welcome to email the wonderful poster who spat out his email in about two posts above--asking about ALC such-and-such. --This man is more knowlledgable than I, plz email him your questions as he is more than happy to offer a reply! May help! May not! Its up to you. Jas -- Everything taken care of. Heart pumps, lungs breathe, mind thinks. Jas jas-es. Jas is a 21-year-old trickster! Do not trust him at all! -Thank you!- -bows.-

a hand to hold yours: zihaibin@yahoo.com.cn

*a hand to hold yours: z.haibin@yahoo.com.cn *

i 'm so sorry to disturb u ,i come to this forum just want to learn about mac,so every topics i read,therefore i see your email in your disscussion with others

i did not know about mac at all,i used mac system just a week.

because of pool english, it's not easy to those who's mother language is not english to learn mac,it's so professional

finally,thank u share those drivers although i can't download them

jasballz

jasballz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

i 'm so sorry to disturb u ,i come to this forum just want to learn about mac,so every topics i read,therefore i see your email in your disscussion with others

i did not know about mac at all,i used mac system just a week.

because of pool english, it's not easy to those who's mother language is not english to learn mac,it's so professional

finally,thank u share those drivers although i can't download them

Hey, ok. There is a thing called Babel translator at Altavista, and if you can't download them, I can't help you--that has to do with your internet or something. Maybe I will upload them to mediafire/megaupload.com for everyone (so I don't get swamped with emails). PM me first

Caffeineighted

Caffeineighted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 27 posts
I just wanted to post my results after DAYS of trying to get this card working.

- AR5007eg is working!
- WiFi connection requires KisMAC with Airport Extreme (passive)
- Chances of getting networks to show up: ~75%. I have to restart if it doesn't catch any networks.
- I love those of you who take the time to help out those with what I'll politely call "less than expert" knowledge with this stuff. You may get thanked a lot, but you don't truly understand how appreciated it is when you simply take 5 seconds out of your day to help a newbie. So again, thank you!

Just a side note: I feel like I learned so much by going through the reading and processing of all this info here. So to anyone who is about to embark on the tiring journey of OSx86, don't give up. It's more rewarding than you think.

Proud donator,
Caffeineighted

PS. jasballz, you're the {censored}!

SoundBlaster

SoundBlaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
My Atheros 5007EG is working!!! iWin!
I installed iAtkos v5, official combo update to 10.5.6, newest official airport update, and install io80211Family.kext. Then I run KisMAC and choose AirPort Extreme passive mode with all chanels. Then scan. Then stop after find. Then go to Network settings. Choose my home wi-fi net, insert a pass. And vu-ala!!! I'm connected to Internet!
Now I'm writing this reply under Mac OS!!!

SoundBlaster

SoundBlaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Oh my God!!! It's terrible!!! I reboot my notebook and then Wi-Fi dissapeared. Why? Where? I didn't install any kext or programm. Reinstall update anв kext didn't help me.
PS My wi-fi connection was very unstable - every 30 seconds - disconnect.

jasballz

jasballz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Thanks for you great work, it helped me alot so far!! I only have an issue with the AR5007EG card, i've done everything u mentioned but when it comes to searching for networks...I never find anything!! can u plz help me? i've been looking around for about 3 days now !!

Thanks in advance :)

Ha ha! Man, that sux for you. Generally if you can't find anything for the first couple of minutes then that means its not working. Please reread my guide and try the other fixes. and then post to me and tell me whats going on, and what you've done.

shine-away

shine-away

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I just installed a fresh install of iDeneb 1.4 on my Acer Aspire 5310. And I installed the 3 kexts that you mentioned: IONetworkingFamily, IOPCIFamily and IOPCMCIAFamily, then I installed the IO80211Family kext and then repaired my permissions in Disk Utility.

Then I restarted and my computer and my wireless card (AR5007EG) was recognised straight away and the little Airport icon appeared on the top bar. But I had to open System Preferences >> Network >> Airport and click the apply button before Airport turned on. I started KisMAC and the spindle just spun.

So I restarted and shutdown and few times, each time scanning with KisMAC until on one boot KisMAC found my network! And the best thing was, was that there was no kernel panics! Yay!

I'm writing on my Aspire now connected to my wireless network. I hope this is the last I see of that dreaded blue ethernet cable :)

shine-away

shine-away

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry for double posting but, I have found that when you install the Airport Update 2009-001 it reset's your kext's you installed for wifi. So to stop it from finding that update, open Software Updater, Click on the Airport Update and on the menu bar click Update and click the Ignore Update option.

It will now not show the airport update.

dazzerjp

dazzerjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Been using 10.5.5 with KisMAC on a eeePC1000H for about a month now, witht he same WiFi card.

The weakest link in all of this is KisMAC. 99.9% of all problems come from it.
KisMAC is super super sensitive to any changes in your system.

So, after 1 month of unreliable operation, Ive decided to get an Airport card and swap it. However, I found the following:

1> There are 3 main different types of KisMAC scans

A) Successful
The channel number icon next to the Start Scan button runs smoothly thorugh the channels and the SSIDs appear in the list.
RESULT: Connection

B> Half successful but no networks
i) The channel number icon moves slowly and skips channels.
ii) The channel number icon moves as A above but slows down after one/two complete channel cycles.
iii) The channel number icon next to the Start Scan button runs smoothly but no SSIDs appears
RESULT: Half way there

C> Lock up or no channels
i) Nothing. App can lock up and system cause a Kernel Panic
RESULT: Something big has messed up.

B can be solved by one of the following:

1> Reinstall the IO8...kext
2> Reboot into BIOS, switch off LAN, reboot
3> Reboot into BIOS, switch off WIFI, reboot. Reboot into BIOS, switch on WIFI, reboot.
4> Delete extensions cache. Repair permissions.
5> Delete LAN in Network Preferences
6> If Dual Boot XP or Vista, boot into windows, remove Wifi driver in device manager , restart and allow auto device to reinstall. Connect and then shutdown and boot into OSX. Shutdown again and boot into OSX
7> Boot in -f -v
8> Boot in -v
9> Boot -s
10> Boot -x then reboot
11> Boot into BIOS, change the system time, reboot.
12> Boot into BIOS, reset settings to default. reboot.
13> Remove any recently installed software.

If you get a C type scan then chances are a kext is clashing with KisMAC. This is much much harder to fix and I usually restore form Carbon Copy as I can no longer be arsed to spend half the day fixinig it. But, try all in the list above. try them 2 or 3 times.

IMPORTANT FOR CONTINUING USE
Once you get KisMAC working, use Carbon Copy to backup your system. Also do this before you install any new apps or change any system preferences.

KisMAC sucks big time. The problems are caused by the Growl framework that KisMAC uses.

Detosx

Detosx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
Re the flakey boot up problem with the 4720z, and a solution if you are using the Chameleon V2 bootloader, I must give credit to redjaru who private messaged me:-

"-install Chameleon Bootloader 2.0RC1
-add this into your new com.apple.boot.plist that has been created by Chameleon Bootloader 2.0RC1 in your /extra folder:
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>"

I tried adding that but I also went back to the Chameleon V2 installer and this time selected, from Options, EHCIaccuire and UHCIreset. I later, as a test, removed the USBBusFix lines and still have a 100% bootup success rate using the 4720z.

Acer users might find this thread useful: http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1147545 and I have posted a link to your thread there, also.

Hacktop

Hacktop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Where can i download airportatheros.kext?
And if i install kext of chunnan:Kernal panic!

Meflakcannon

Meflakcannon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

where is chun-nan/eureka ? nothing lately..

pity... he was one of the brightest developers on osx86 - he solved a lot of things.
seems 400 was it for him.

btw this method does not work for me ... it does detect the card but can't see any wireless stations (+/- kissmac).

im in the same boat as you sama, It finaly detects the card however it wont see any networks. I just tried adding the 2nd hardware ID to the info.plist to see if that works, and it did not :/

allenbina

allenbina

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
absolutely brilliant. thank you so much.

Bassy Sweeeeet

Bassy Sweeeeet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Hey thanks for this man, it really helped :P My wireless is now being detected but when i connect to my WEP protected router and it goes "Connection timed out". I thought it wasn't working so i took the security off and it worked! But then i thought naff that, i'll try WPA (PSK/Personal) out, and it works!!! :P

I am running iDeneb (v1.4) with the 10.5.8 update. And on an Acer Aspire 5310.
http://img91.imagesh...eenshot7utq.png

I restarted and then it doesn't work so what can i do to prevent it from happening? I heard that you can just turn off aiport before you shutdown/restart and it somehow fixes it?. If so is there any way to make a shutdown script where it does it automatically?

And also one time i had a kernel panic on boot.

- Bass

Arijit Sinha

Arijit Sinha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Attached File(s) Posted Image Working_Wireless_and_Sound_1.zip ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 1073
Posted Image Working_Wireless_and_Sound_2.zip ( 153.63K ) Number of downloads: 805
Posted Image Working_Wireless_and_Sound_3.zip ( 1.83MB ) Number of downloads: 980
Posted Image IO80211Family_kext_v.2.1.2.zip ( 1.7MB ) Number of downloads: 1642
Posted Image ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.001.zip ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 1392
Posted Image ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.002.zip ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 1081
Posted Image ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.003.zip ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 1036
Posted Image ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.004.zip ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 1029
Posted Image ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.005.zip ( 127.64K ) Number of downloads: 1022

I have atheros ar5006x(5413).. will these files work for ne?

pogoda

pogoda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My OS crashed.
This method is not for xXx x86

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy