How to get AR5006EG / AR5007EG atheros wlan working and sound for Acer Aspire 4720z

jasballz

87 posts in this topic

Atheros Minipci Wireless Network Card and

Realtech / Intel HD Audio Guide

(specefically on Acer Aspire 4720z running iATKOS 5i leo 10.5.6 but should be applicable for any with

similar devices)

AR5006EG / AR5007EG (device vendor ids: 168cx001c)

Wireless:

1) (why this is different from every other guide and what NEWBS don't know!) Install Chun Nan's latest leopard IOPCMCIfamily.kext, IOPCIfamily and IONetworkingfamily.kext(s). My IOPCMCIfamily, then the other two come from Marvel and Yukon that I got from the Acer Aspire One guide. They're in my attachments. Install.

2) Get kismac

3) Download and install Io80211family v 2.1.2 (see attached) (should already have <string>168cx1c</string> in AirportAtheros.kext/Info.plist)

4) You should have a working fan icon (make sure you check show wireless icon in System Preferences/Network

5) Open kismac, scan under "Airport Extreme Passive Mode" (Add in Preferences/Devices)

6) Should show networks in Kismac. If not, open network preferences and some wifi airport windows it will.

7) Stop kismac after a few seconds of exhaustive search (until you stop the open networks will not show under fan icon).

8) Join a network under the Airport Fan icon

9) Close kismac

10) You now have a working Atheros AR5006EG / AR5007EG* card!!! (vendor ids 168cx001c)

*Windows 7 Beta / Vista recognizes Atheros vendor id 168cx001c as AR5007EG. Whether or not it truly is, I don't know. Under Ubuntu 8.10 and iATKOS DPCI manager it says AR5006EG. And AirPort atheros gives it vendor ids of 168cx428 (even though in the Airportatheros.kext/info.plist it says "<string>168cx1c</string>". I don't know why. 3-07-09: Also noticed that the pc freezes sometimes on wifi, IDK y. Generally I'm guessing it has to do with my Intel Powermanagement tweaks, but IDK. Could be overload of the processor. Will keep you posted. This guide works with iATKOS 5i updated to Leo 10.5.6. I don't know about other Hackintoshes so keep me posted. Should work. Watch out for updates they can replace these kexts which are critical to your wifi. Specefically Airport Client update 004-2009, I think. If you install that you may have to reinstall these kexts.

Sound:

1) Install either (or both, it doesn't matter) ACL268installers

2) Install HDAEnabler (or AppleHDA i forget what its in my zips) with Kexthelper

3) Whether or not you run the spanish HDApatcher doesn't matter, sound will work. Switch between headphones and internal speakers with System Preferences/Sound

4) You now have working sound!! Realtech / Intel High Definition Audio (Acer Asipre 4720z)*

* 3-19-2009: Thanks to DetosX, ALC268_B gives a working automatic switch between headphones and internal speakers. Still looking for working shutdown/restart fix.

** 3/11/09 Working shutdown and restart with clean install on Leo 10.5.5 iATKOS 5i and installing my ALC268s but nonworking wireless.

Generally this info has been posted elsewhere, but my guide is different because most newbs don't know about Chun Nan's IOPCI kexts, and that they are critical to get a working PCI Atheros card since the card is dependent upon the PCI bus for communication. I found that info in a little known post, obscure, someplace and figured Id post a guide. If this helps you let me know! And if its retarded or supplementary feel free to delete! I will post this with attachments to the genius bar soon and probably Uphuck forums too in the near future. If you have any problems feel free to message me and I will try to help you. Rebranding the 168c 001c isn't a must. Besides you avoid likely bricking problems or having to buy a new wireless card.

Mo 3-23-09

The Working_Wireless_and_Sound.zips are the original kext files posted natively with this guide while the ar5007(6)eg...zips are a split 7z archive I compiled in order to address more recent problems brought up by users. In order to extract, remove the zip extension and use either 7-zip in Ubuntu/Wine or Windows or Stuffitexpander in MacOS.

Th 3-19-09

Note for users who are having difficulty getting their AR5006(7)EG to work: Does your airport icon show and is it turned on? Can you scan networks? Chun Nan's drivers should be platform independent so the solution should work on kalyway, idebneb and others.

Possible solutions for users with troubles:

(these should be implemented along with the instructions in this guide)

a) Make SURE that your atheros card IS attached to a pci bus for communication or this solution will be null.

:unsure: MAKE SURE that your device vendor ids are 168cx001c. If it isn't search your vendor ids and download THAT wlan driver/fix, not this one.

c) Try editing the info.plist in atherosairport.kext to read <string>168cx428</sting> that may help.

d) Make SURE that you update to Leo 10.5.6 at mac's download site and have it running that kernel not toh, voodoo, or others. I have working wireless on my Acer running iATKOS 5i updated to 10.5.6 with ALC268_B sound. You have to make sure you update to 10.5.6. If you don't (and just run from iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 or w/e) it will just show a running fan icon but kismac won't find anything. And make sure you're running that kernel, not the one native to your install disk. Use OSX86Utils to install the kernel and kexts independtly.

e) download the latest AirportAtheros update (I think its 2009) and install

f) Install IOPCMCI, IONet, PCcard, IO80211 from my new ar5007(6)eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z that I uploaded. You will have to try the others each one at a time, or all at once. Take off the .zip extensions and use 7zip to extract. I don't know what system you're running so it may cause a crash.

g) Switch kernels. Use OSX86 utils to insall my mach_kernel to your system (back up your running kernel as you may have to repair) and install system.kext as well.

h) Try switching to a vanilla kernel and then updating or vice versa.

i) Goto Chun Nan's Mediafire site (link on bottom) and try installing some of those kexts too

j) If you have a bad kismac scan, alternate installing the new kexts (specifically ionetwork, io80211fam, iopmcmia, iopcifam) with the old. I know that if I'm running Marvel or Yukon or Chunnan and have no scanned/found networks with kismac by installing the new ones with kexthelper i can get a good scan on the next boot or vicaversa.

Plz when posting tell me which of these u have tried and how it went so that I can take out nonworking solutions and highlight good ones.

I've uploaded my presently running kexts that I think may be relevant as I think that they may be different from Chunnan, Marvel and Yukon. Most of these probably are not relevant to the problems some users are having, but I think that most of them are.

Update 3-23 : Please reread my wireless guide if you are having problems connecting to a network after a good kismac scan as it has been updated.

Please don't just download; post results. And when asking for help plz also post your system make and model, and relevant wlan make and model and device vendor ids as outputted by either Windows XP/Vista/7 Device Manager or Ubuntu/Linux/Terminal LSPCI. Thank you. Also plz make sure that you have given my guide a good once-through read so that you are not being redundent.

Sources:

Acer Aspire One Guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96552&pid=689371&mode=threaded&start=#entry689371

AppleHDA ALC268 Shutdown Issues Solved! * :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96434&st=80&start=80

Chun Nan's IOPCI Guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81036&st=840

Chun Nan's MediaFire ** :

http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan

New ALC861VD ALC268...:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...aded&start=

*Not so, it doesn't work for me, Acer Aspire 4720z running iATKOS 5i updated to Leo 10.5.6

**if you have Tiger you'll have to download the Tiger IOPMCI from MediaFire. Chun Nan's other kexts may prove useful to you also. I noticed my power meter turn on (and stay on) after installing some, but installing more than what I said to in this guide may result in an unstable system or kernel panic (specefically APCIRuntime or ACPIPS2Nub). Feel free to use them, but be aware. When I had a working power meter and wireless both, the system would boot properly once and everything would be working, but every boot after that would be a kernel panic. I will try to figure out how to get the Power meter on too and post a complete guide.

Working_Wireless_and_Sound_1.zip

Working_Wireless_and_Sound_2.zip

Working_Wireless_and_Sound_3.zip

IO80211Family_kext_v.2.1.2.zip

ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.001.zip

ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.002.zip

ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.003.zip

ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.004.zip

ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel.7z.005.zip

Many many Thanks Jasballz for the great effort you have made. I was searching for this fix for a long long time. It works for me too. I have LG RD400 laptop which is having a lot of compatibility issue with Leopard (OSX). First of all, my keyboard was not working, but later on fixed with Chunan ApplePS2Controller.kext. No sound, later on fixed by AppleHDA patcher. No network, fixed by adding vendor id, device id in AppleYukon2.kext. Now, Airport working with the patch available here in this topic.

Great Work. Now, our dream for Atheros 5007eg comes true.

im having some issues with my atheros 5007eg card as it will connect with kismac sometimes but not all others the kismac will go really slow and never find anything. another thing the kext files other than then io80211family.kext one of the kiles crashed the toshiba nb100 and wont start it back up without a format. im quite new with all this stuff so i might be doing somthing wrong. id appricate it if you could give me a hand. cheers im on 10.5.5 iatkos 5i i tried to update to 10.5.6 but the keyboard or mouse doesnt work when i do and i dont know how to fix it

where is chun-nan/eureka ? nothing lately..

pity... he was one of the brightest developers on osx86 - he solved a lot of things.

seems 400 was it for him.

btw this method does not work for me ... it does detect the card but can't see any wireless stations (+/- kissmac).

im having some issues with my atheros 5007eg card as it will connect with kismac sometimes but not all others the kismac will go really slow and never find anything. another thing the kext files other than then io80211family.kext one of the kiles crashed the toshiba nb100 and wont start it back up without a format. im quite new with all this stuff so i might be doing somthing wrong. id appricate it if you could give me a hand. cheers im on 10.5.5 iatkos 5i i tried to update to 10.5.6 but the keyboard or mouse doesnt work when i do and i dont know how to fix it

I'm having the same sorts of problems, that sometimes Kismac will find networks on some boots, sometimes it won't on others, and sometimes it will connect or freeze. I think it has to do with the interactions between the powermanagement.kext. Just delete that and tell me if that helps. Ill keep you posted. Try updating Io80211family to the latest and see if that might help. Let me know if that helps.

where is chun-nan/eureka ? nothing lately..

pity... he was one of the brightest developers on osx86 - he solved a lot of things.

seems 400 was it for him.

btw this method does not work for me ... it does detect the card but can't see any wireless stations (+/- kissmac).

IDK y, but on some boots if you run kismac it will detect and sometimes it won't. I figured out that generally it will detect right after you install the iopci, ionetworking and iopmcia kexts after a reboot. Tell me if that helps.Once I back up my applications I'm going to do a clean install and see if that helps stability.

Hi Jasballz. Nice tutorial. In my case, for proper shutdown on the 4720z in 10.5.6, and auto detection/auto switching of headphones and speakers, you need Madtux/collit ALC268_B, which doesn't need the old HDA fix v3. Shutdown is slow at about 35 to 40 seconds. The disadvantage of that package is there is some hiss on sound. You only notice it when surfing; it can't be turned down. It is barely noticeable from the speakers. The ALC268_A doesn't work.

At the moment I am trying to get working hibernation on the 4720z

If folks are looking for solutions on Acer (intel) setups, here is another thread to add to your collection! http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1106353

I get the following after installing the first 3 kexts on bootup:

"Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI"

"Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPCI"

using iPC 10.5.6, clean install on 4720z.

I installed all the 3 kexts at the same time, is there a problem with that?

I get the following after installing the first 3 kexts on bootup:

"Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI"

"Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPCI"

using iPC 10.5.6, clean install on 4720z.

I installed all the 3 kexts at the same time, is there a problem with that?

Does it boot? Sometimes I have to restart and boot and itll boot on the second or third try. Or does it cause kernel panic? Try -x flag or -v And take a picture and post. If all else fails install one at a time. Generally Chun Nan's kexts are the critical ones. There shouldn't be a problem.

Sound, I should add that MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B.zip contains a kext rather than an installer and you will also need HDAEneabler from Kabyl, both of which are simply installed with kext helper B7 (though uninstall HDA Fix 3, first; see below) You can find them and instructions on the first post of MadTux's thread (jasballz linked also) here:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...40&start=40

If anyone installed the good old HDA fix 3 which now conflicts with 10.5.6, you want to uninstall it, first. See XanthraX's post, below:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...&pid=928317

As I say, there is some hiss audible via headphones, a known issue with Madtux/Collit99's ALC268_B, but I find it live-able with. Shutdown is tolerable at around 35 seconds in my case, in 10.5.6; previously six seconds, in 10.5.5

Does it boot? Sometimes I have to restart and boot and itll boot on the second or third try. Or does it cause kernel panic? Try -x flag or -v And take a picture and post. If all else fails install one at a time. Generally Chun Nan's kexts are the critical ones. There shouldn't be a problem.
With booting up in general, I can confirm that having to sometimes do a hard reset during a stalled bootup is an issue with the 4720z. Frustrating. Nine users have promised they will Message me if anyone finds a solution but, as yet, almost a year on, we are in the same position. I would be happy to hear from anyone who finds a solution.

In Kalyway 1.5.2 not worked. I install now iDeneb 1.5.6 and install this. sorry my ang is poor. :unsure:

Help me install, i have this extensa 5620z:

http://forum.osx86.pl/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=950

in my country nobody help my (im from poland), and search answer here.

Not work in my notebook Atheros AR5007EG (and i change wifi cart to Realtek RTL 8187B and dont work)

Please help me. My installed os is iDeneb v4 10.5.6. In dvd have a xxx_x86 v2, iatkos 5i, kalyway 1.5.2 (10.5.2?)

Thanks guys :D have a nice day.

Well, wireless did not work at all, even with retail install.

Unless there is still something to be done, I will buy a dell 1505 card and replace the annoying AR5007EG.

lol, I'm running iATKOS I don't know if that makes a difference; are you sure you have device vendor ids of 168cx001c??

Sound, I should add that MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B.zip contains a kext rather than an installer and you will also need HDAEneabler from Kabyl, both of which are simply installed with kext helper B7 (though uninstall HDA Fix 3, first; see below) You can find them and instructions on the first post of MadTux's thread (jasballz linked also) here:-

If anyone installed the good old HDA fix 3 which now conflicts with 10.5.6, you want to uninstall it, first. See XanthraX's post, below:-

As I say, there is some hiss audible via headphones, a known issue with Madtux/Collit99's ALC268_B, but I find it live-able with. Shutdown is tolerable at around 35 seconds in my case, in 10.5.6; previously six seconds, in 10.5.5

With booting up in general, I can confirm that having to sometimes do a hard reset during a stalled bootup is an issue with the 4720z. Frustrating. Nine users have promised they will Message me if anyone finds a solution but, as yet, almost a year on, we are in the same position. I would be happy to hear from anyone who finds a solution.

I don't know why but even with ALC268_B I get no working shut down, tho it is nice to have automatic switching btwn headfones and stereo/laptop speakers

In Kalyway 1.5.2 not worked. I install now iDeneb 1.5.6 and install this. sorry my ang is poor. :rolleyes:

Not work in my notebook Atheros AR5007EG (and i change wifi cart to Realtek RTL 8187B and dont work)

Please help me. My installed os is iDeneb v4 10.5.6. In dvd have a xxx_x86 v2, iatkos 5i, kalyway 1.5.2 (10.5.2?)

Thanks guys :wacko: have a nice day.

I thnk that the Chun Nan's drivers should be platform independent so the solution should work on kalyway, idebneb and others. But make SURE that your atheros card IS attached to a pci bus for communication or this solution will be null. Also MAKE SURE that your device vendor ids are 168cx001c. Try editing the info.plist in atherosairport.kext to read <string>168cx428</sting> that may help. Also make sure that you update to 10.5.6 at mac's download site and have it running that kernel not toh, voodoo, or others. I have working wireless on my Acer running iATKOS 5i updated to 10.5.6 with working wireless and sound. You have to make sure you update because if you don't it will just show an icon and kismac won't find anything. And make sure you're running that kernel, not the one native to your install disk.

In Kalyway 1.5.2 not worked. I install now iDeneb 1.5.6 and install this. sorry my ang is poor. ;)

Thanks guys ;) have a nice day.

I updated my guide. Please download the new files and install the kernel and relevent kexts (may have to try a few to find out what combination works) and tell me if it works for you.

I don't know why but this doesn't give me a working shutdown or restart.

Hi, install your new kexts and my system is crash (kernel panic) . Im install ideneb v 1,4 10.5.6 again and look in my settings.

here this:

My kernel:

cannas-macpro31:~ canna$ uname -a
Darwin cannas-macpro31.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec  6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

Im install your first files: first: IOPCMCIAFamily -> IOPCIFamily.kext -> IONetworkingFamily.kext (reboot) => IO80211Family.kext (reboot) i go in the airport settings, click ok (device is on) and go to kismac and change settings and search network (not ressult) see in my screens:

My network window:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/8CbCDXcice/picture_2

Active sessions window:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/ca6nyrWExT/picture_3

Airport card info:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/amRcYje4R2/picture_4

And locations:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/e7ub9tKHPt/picture_5

Thanks for help me. I wait in your post.

Thanks for you great work, it helped me alot so far!! I only have an issue with the AR5007EG card, i've done everything u mentioned but when it comes to searching for networks...I never find anything!! can u plz help me? i've been looking around for about 3 days now !!

Thanks in advance :P

hi!

Now i have a yellow circle in airport setting (network).

I have a MAC adress of my wifi card here.

But i dont have any networks.

Vendor of my atheros card is 168c in "system preferences" but vendor id is wrong - 428. Real is 001.

"Osx86 tools" don't show me a my wifi card now ( earlier - showed with right vendor id).

What i did with my PC:

Install iATKOSv5 10.5.4 with x3100driver, OHR, and ntfs 3g driver.

Update my system by patched combo update to 10.5.6 - lost keyboard and trackpad.

Update airport client blabla from of.site Apple. ver 2009.

Install kext: ps2fixkeyboard (it helped me last time, but no now)

Install package Atheros5007eg ( it consists io802...kext with atherosairport.kext)

At all.

I don't have a keyboard - write from ipod.

My wife don't give me her keyboard.

I'm very sad((((

Thanks for you great work, it helped me alot so far!! I only have an issue with the AR5007EG card, i've done everything u mentioned but when it comes to searching for networks...I never find anything!! can u plz help me? i've been looking around for about 3 days now !!

Thanks in advance :unsure:

Same with me now, thought I finally had got it working but not :unsure:

I'm probably being an idiot here, but I have so far been unable to extract your ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel zips with either Apple's native archive utility on the Mac side or Izarc (which has so far handled pretty much every archive format I've come across, including 7zip) on the Windows side. I've tried re-downloading, but still no love. I assume this is a failing on my part, as others have obviously managed this just fine.

A pointer to the preferred utility for extracting these archives would be lovely, and once I'm able to do so, I'll be glad to provide details about my experiences using the contents.

(The sad part here is that I can't even claim to be a newb to OS X, Windows, or *nix, so I don't have that excuse--although I've by necessity been out of the OS X world for a while.)

Thanks in advance,

-Rob

Hi, install your new kexts and my system is crash (kernel panic) . Im install ideneb v 1,4 10.5.6 again and look in my settings.

here this:

My kernel:

cannas-macpro31:~ canna$ uname -a
Darwin cannas-macpro31.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec  6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

Im install your first files: first: IOPCMCIAFamily -> IOPCIFamily.kext -> IONetworkingFamily.kext (reboot) => IO80211Family.kext (reboot) i go in the airport settings, click ok (device is on) and go to kismac and change settings and search network (not ressult) see in my screens:

My network window:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/8CbCDXcice/picture_2

Active sessions window:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/ca6nyrWExT/picture_3

Airport card info:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/amRcYje4R2/picture_4

And locations:

http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/e7ub9tKHPt/picture_5

Thanks for help me. I wait in your post.

Thank you for posting your pictures. Very helpful :(

It shows in pic4 that you have device vendor ids of 168cx105. Is that what Windows Device Manager or Ubuntu Terminal/lspci reads? If your device vendor ids is this my solution is not tailored to your specific card. The 168cx001c reads as 168cx428 in Airport, so Im guessing you have a different Atheros WLAN card than me. In any case, get your device vendor ids from windows and post them. But before you do, also please try to rewrite in io80211family.kext/contents/plugins/airportatheros.kext/content/info.plist this line after <string>168cx1c</string>: <string>168cx105</string>. Or w/e your dev ids are that windows or linux give you. Also try updating your kernel and installing my other kexts as posted and tell me your results.

Good luck! :D

Thanks in advance :D

OK, I am sorry for this problem. Honestly, I don't know what causes it. I know that I have had the same trouble on some certain boots (no scan networks). Its a good sign if any user has AppleAirport registering as 168cx428 or the AppleAirport is on/the fan is on. Good thing! Good sign! ;)

it means you DO have AR5006/7EG and your vendor ids are 168xc001c. So this guide was meant for you! Hwvr, as I used iATKOS, on my clean install I installed three dif kernels, (I don't know if this is relevent). I installed voodoo, toh, and the other kernel that came packaged with iATKOS 5i. My guess as to -why- on certain boots I have kernelpanic and on others I have good working wireless is that its booting a different kernel each time (can anybody verify?) Did you install my running kernel with OSX86Utils and the system.kext?

Plz if you are having trouble (anybody) refrain from posting until you have played around significantly with my newly posted kexts and specifically have updated your system to 10.5.6.

I'm probably being an idiot here, but I have so far been unable to extract your ar5007_6_eg_wlan_168x001c_kexts_and_kernel zips with either Apple's native archive utility on the Mac side or Izarc (which has so far handled pretty much every archive format I've come across, including 7zip) on the Windows side. I've tried re-downloading, but still no love. I assume this is a failing on my part, as others have obviously managed this just fine.

A pointer to the preferred utility for extracting these archives would be lovely, and once I'm able to do so, I'll be glad to provide details about my experiences using the contents.

(The sad part here is that I can't even claim to be a newb to OS X, Windows, or *nix, so I don't have that excuse--although I've by necessity been out of the OS X world for a while.)

Thanks in advance,

-Rob

Before posting, PLZ read my guide carefully. I say specifically under "to users with problems:"

"Take off the .zip extensions and use 7zip to extract."

As far as I know, Stuffit expander has the ability to extract it once you remove the .zip extensions in leopard os x. If any other users have had troubles extracting pls let me know, however I have tested it and as far as I know its a good split and working archive. What has been everyone's experience with the newly uploaded archive?

What can I do with my usb-flashdrive and keyboard and touchpad? It isn't working now (after upd 10.5.6).

????

Help!

Rishikesh says Chunan's ApplePS2Controller.kext

hi!

Now i have a yellow circle in airport setting (network).

I have a MAC adress of my wifi card here.

But i dont have any networks.

Vendor of my atheros card is 168c in "system preferences" but vendor id is wrong - 428. Real is 001.

"Osx86 tools" don't show me a my wifi card now ( earlier - showed with right vendor id).

What i did with my PC:

Install iATKOSv5 10.5.4 with x3100driver, OHR, and ntfs 3g driver.

Update my system by patched combo update to 10.5.6 - lost keyboard and trackpad.

Update airport client blabla from of.site Apple. ver 2009.

Install kext: ps2fixkeyboard (it helped me last time, but no now)

Install package Atheros5007eg ( it consists io802...kext with atherosairport.kext)

At all.

I don't have a keyboard - write from ipod.

My wife don't give me her keyboard.

I'm very sad((((

As I said in my guide, this is to be expected (read: 168cx428 vs the real 168x001c) Thats a good sign. Make sure you try scanning first thing you do. Possible solutions are turning off your other wireless devices or rearranging priority in the Network Preferences. Generally, since you updated to 10.5.6 thats a good thing you should have working atheros. But since you updated the AirportAtheros, reinstall the workingwireless_and sound wlan kexts with kexthelper. I noticed that if I don't have a good scan that reinstalling those iopmcmia, io802.., ionetwork, and iopci give a good read on the next boot. Either that or alternating with the same kexts in my new upload. Install those kexts if you don't have a good read/alternate installing and u should have a good read. What do you mean "install package Atheros5007eg"? What package is that? Please also post your system (notebook model and drivers and relevent device vendor ids if possible). Thank you.

To site moderators/admin: Why does everytime I post append all my last replies in the new post??

Thank you,

Jasballz