ATI HD 2300 Tutorial

copa

8 posts in this topic

I've been doing some research on the ATI HD 2300 card and was wondering if anyone could walk me and others with this card through setting up QE/CI.

I've found bits and pieces of information by searching, but I haven't been able to replicate anyone's results yet. I have gotten a kernel panic and a blueish screen on the external only instead of the desktop.

Thanks in advance.

On a side note, if anyone wants help with the Gateway C-140x I can help. Everything buy the intel 3945 and the QE/CI is working as of now.

Omg bro, I really started to think I was the only one out there with a freaking Gateway C series trying to get that weird ATI card picked up!! well i have a C-142XL specifically and still haven't found a way to get either get my native resolution or QE/CI supported.

Well my device id is 0x7211 1002, i think that most HD 2300's have 0x7210 1002 which is actually listed in the info.plist in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, so shouldn't QE/CI work automatically for them. I tried to change to edit the info.plist and hex edit the binary of the X1000 without any success. I tried modifying Natit to work with it but instead of using Caretta for the framebuffer it uses the HD 2400 one and i get a black screen. Any other ideas anyone?

Also did you find a way to get the sound working, cause i haven't, although i didn't put much efforts into that, it'd be cool if you knew what drivers to use

I tried to change to edit the info.plist and hex edit the binary of the X1000 without any success. I tried modifying Natit to work with it but instead of using Caretta for the framebuffer it uses the HD 2400 one and i get a black screen. Any other ideas anyone?

Black screen surely means it sends signal to external output (Dvi ? Vga ?) like many other radeon HD mobility

So I did some editing of the ATIRadeonX1000.kext file and was able to get a blue/grey screen on the external and OSX booted up. The internal laptop had only a black screen (as you mentioned). I know that OSX was running because itunes started to sync with my ipod, but I couldn't use the screen or see any icons. No KP but unusable. Maybe I just made a simple mistake though.

I have the 0x7211 device ID as well.

I edited info.plist and added the 0x7211 and then used OxED to edit the HEX. I found and replaced one of the other device IDs and replaced it with 7211 and 1172. Searched for old device ID like XXYY and YYXX. One of the threads I read said we needed to do that.

Do we need to use the ATIInject file in addition to the ATIRadeonX1000? I can't even find a copy of one to test (the link to the thread with it in it just kicks me back to the insanelymac homepage)

For the sound: Download AppleHDAPatcher v1.20. Then find a linux driver dump for the sigmatel 9200 (or your card number). I have attached the one that worked for me. That set up line out and internal speakers (haven't tested the mic in yet).

Sigmatel9200.txt

Let me know if you make any progress.

Black screen surely means it sends signal to external output (Dvi ? Vga ?) like many other radeon HD mobility

• 2 months later...
On a side note, if anyone wants help with the Gateway C-140x I can help. Everything buy the intel 3945 and the QE/CI is working as of now.

When you say everything, does it include the internal keyboard??

• 8 months later...

Hello I have a Gateway C142XL running OSx86 10.5.7. I am trying to find a way to make the screen rotate on the tablet and also have better pen sensitivity when using adobe CS3. I used IATKOS V7 and only used the options in the iATKOS setup and am using Tabletmagic to get the digitizer and pen working. Did anyone add other Wacom software or kexts to their system. Also did anyone have success getting these items to work in their system (C140 series)? If you have any useful kexts to pass on that would be very helpful also. I have not installed anything for the Intel 3945 wireless yet as I need to access secure wireless and have not seen a fix for this yet. Thanks for the help.