question about bios settings...

3 posts in this topic

http://auzigog.com/2008/12/23/hackintosh-20/ im going to use this guide

i remember about a year ago when i gained interest in osx86 there was something abut changing bios settings. my only question is will i have to change anything in the bios? or should i just walk through the steps and i should be fine...

also are the orang icons that annoying? i see you can change them but thats extra work, im fine with orange icons. also do i hook my hard drive into the yellow connection, or the purple one? i read somewhere that yellow can cause errors. if possible in your answer maybe tell me if theres even a difference in yellow or purple besides there being more of one of the colors.

i get my return on the 13th im kinda bumed i gotta wait for new egg to ship my {censored} after that. but hey im excited.

im also getting a 21.5 in. hd screen just because i hav like 4 old school screens and im sick of carrying those things.

ok so, so far i know from doing some research through auzigog's blog comments i need to use the yellow ones, not the purple ones. i also see where i need to make the bios adjustment for that.

adding a question...

when i turn on the pc/mac how do i properly boot from a cd. ive seen f12 on some places, ive also known you can press escape and usually you have options on where to boot from.

from what i understand after i complete this install i wont need the grub dfe boot cd anymore, if im wrong please correct me

if you follow his tutorial you only need the grub bootloader cd for the first two startups..after that chameleon gets installed no more disc.

If you use the same motherboard you can use del to get into your bios settings and switch your boot priority. CD-ROM, HDD, USB or to whatever you like

On my Gigabyte Motherboard Ga-EP45-UD3P I have to use F12 for the boot menu.

I used the following components:

-EP45-UD3P

-Q6600

-NVidia 9500 GTX

-SATA DVD Drive

-2xSATA HDD drives

use the yellow connector to connect your sata drives.