This is my setup...currently not working
MB- Zotac 9300 ITX
Harddrive - Hitachi SATA
CPU - Q9400
Memory - 4gb GSkill 800MHz
CD Drive - Samsung DVD-RW SATA
OS - RETAIL OSX 10.5.4
1) First I placed my harddrive on a external SATA dock and connect it to my working hackintosh (Acer Aspire One) via USB
2) I then partition my harddrive in Disk Utility with GUID and named it "Quad"
3) Then I right click on my newly partition harddrive "Quad" and click on info and uncheck the box called "Ignore ownership on this volume"
4) Then I open up Terminal and install Leo ....
cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages
5) After Installation (without restarting anything), I continue to install the 10.5.6 combined update on "Quad"
6) Again, without restarting anything, I create a folder in the main volume called "Extra" and in that folder, I create another folder called "Extensions"
7) I then unzipped the zip file from HMiller and migrated the files to the "Extensions" folder
8) Again, without restarting anything, I installed Chameleon RC1 on "Quad"
9) I then double checked that Chameleon RC1 Install did use my Extra/Extensions folder
10) Then I shut down my working hackintosh computer and unplugged the Harddrive Sata USB dock and moved my harddrive to my Zotac computer build.
11) I started up the Zotac computer with BIOS in default except for the under Integrated Peripherals/MCP Storage Config/ SATA Operation Mode -- switich [IDE "default" ---> AHCI]
12) I then saved and exit BIOS
13) Computer restarts now and Chameleon loads
14) It highlights "Quad" so I now press enter... actually, load in verbose mode "-v"
15) About 10 sec it just hangs
16) I shut the computer down and move the harddrive to m SATA USB dock again and connect it to my working hackintosh
17) I reinstall chameleon RC1 with my kexts moved in the Extra/Extensions folder
18) I Fix Permission in Disk Utility
19) It says permissions fixed, but in the log file nothing really happened
20) I remove the harddrive and install it on the Zotac machine again
21) The Zotac machine boots up with Chameleon and I press "-v" and enter again
22) About 10 sec of booting, it hangs....
...but a big shoutout to everyone who has contributed!!
Cheers! Anyone help me troubleshoot?