Zotac 9300-ITX WiFi

EGOvoruhk

34 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

hello. I'll join asap to this topic. I bought that mobo 2 weeks ago but i decided to have -before put myself into this newer game- a running asus mcp79 mobo (in my signature). Therefore I'm waiting for the processor (i'll be deliveres next tuesday.. i hope :D ) I've already the case (for me the best is nexus white with integrated slim slot in dvd recorder! but is very expensive). my case is 69€ and is a cube with psu 300W. I think is enough for the system- ram 4gb and dvd recorder slim with a slim-to-sata bought on ebay.

the mobo in europe costs 130€ from zotac. I think is one of the best between cost/quality and is un-trendy. I don't know which expression is right in english/american but i mean that the trend is to have a bigger case, bigger mobo with heavy cooler on the processor.. then in Italy energy costs and my goal is to reach the best system (mcp79 -- apple newer macbook -- all-in-one motherboard) with less watt and high performance.

as soon as possible I'll do a sector copy of the hdd of the asus one and start to hackintosh the zotac.

I stay in touch with you..

thanks for your so exaustive information!!

ugo

hy

thanks. I've used the zip attached in the post linked above

yes. It run fine

I confirm that I left untouched the S/L/E and put the zip as is into E/E

the system boots very well, quickly and fine

no crash or kp, the only 2 immediately problems are: audio and restart.

for the audio i'd like to run voodoohda tomorrow morning.. else the alc662.txt with taruga patch.

the restart.. I see that there is no trace of openhaltrestart in the zip.. I consider to use that one.

I want ask to all can hear.. in the zip there are a lot of kext.. IOATA.. AppleSMBIOS.. ACPI.. then.. are them all deep changed? Can I cut and tune in order to reduce the number ok modded kexts?

for diabolik: Is there a way to create a mix and match dsdt.. easy? I mean: I can obtain dsdt from ubuntu.. disassemble it. Or with ioreg and the dsdtpatcher tools. but in the 2 case the dsdt.dsl is not enought to run as we need. Can I change/mod the dsdt as you did for the p5n7a-vm in order to have true HPET, no need of NVKush, Correct CPUS, etc etc etc??

bye

ugo

Yes, that's one of the first Nvidia ION boards. The huge difference to the 9300-ITX WiFi is that you are stuck with the Atom CPU and there is no PCIe 16x slot for video cards.

I think ION is primarily aimed at lightweight computing and HTPC usage.