WORKING Solution for Marvell Yukon 2 88E8040 Fast Ethernet!

adamsalac

158 posts in this topic

Hey guys great work! How do i find out what device id my ethernet is?

1st do following command

sudo ioreg -lxw 1024 |less

2nd inside less, input /thernet

3rd look after

device id and vendor id nearby

on compaq mini 700, with PCIID: ab11:5443 aka Yukon-88E8040 got following error:

AppleYukon2 - RomlessInit - getProperty failed

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

AppleYukon2: RxRingSize 256, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 256, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 1024

any ideas, why MSI isn't allocated?

the "AppleYukon2 - RomlessInit - getProperty failed" error occurs because the driver cant read the rom from the card to show the right mac adress. This shouldnt be any problem as long as you dont have 2 cards with this driver in the same network as neonkoala pointed out.

So the error you should search for is "AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt". this is most possibly why your card isn't working.

the "AppleYukon2 - RomlessInit - getProperty failed" error occurs because the driver cant read the rom from the card to show the right mac adress. This shouldnt be any problem as long as you dont have 2 cards with this driver in the same network as neonkoala pointed out.

So the error you should search for is "AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt". this is most possibly why your card isn't working.

that's exactly why, I'm asking if anybody know, how to fix MSI interrup allocation failure?

@ole2: Your device ID(5443) isn't even in the plist! I'll edit it and upload a new version.

Are you using any alternative drivers for Ethernet?

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

This line seems as you'd using Slice's driver as that one has sk98 linux base (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't got much experience with Kernel Extension Development).

@palomu: Tell me your Device ID.

Adam

@ole2: Your device ID(5443) isn't even in the plist! I'll edit it and upload a new version.

Are you any alternative drivers for Ethernet?

This line seems as you'd using Slice's driver as that one has sk98 linux base (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't got much experience with Kernel Extension Development).

Adam

device id is 435A

Very strange. both Device IDs are included in the kext I gave you!

Adam

Here's another kext.Go to /System/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext (show package contents) then Contents/Plugins and remove AppleYukon2.kext. Also remove the (if there's any) AppleYukon2.kext in the /System/Extensions folder

Then install normally my kext with OSx86Tools,Kext Helper or manually into the Extensions folder.

Before booting,in Darwin bootloader press F8 and enter -v

If there's anything Yukon 2 relevant,post it.

Try it. It simply must work. There're other Samsung NC10 and it's working for them.

I hope it will work for you ,too.

nc10.zip

Adam

no, no, it's in plist, of course, otherwise I'd mention that

it's 11ab 4354, or something, it's always swapped in ioreg and in plist, so maybe I've misplaced digit pairs a bit

Are you any alternative drivers for Ethernet?

Adam

Very strange. both Device IDs are included in the kext I gave you!

Adam

Here's another kext.Go to /System/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext (show package contents) then Contents/Plugins and remove AppleYukon2.kext. Also remove the (if there's any) AppleYukon2.kext in the /System/Extensions folder

Then install normally my kext with OSx86Tools,Kext Helper or manually into the Extensions folder.

Before booting,in Darwin bootloader press F8 and enter -v

If there's anything Yukon 2 relevant,post it.

Try it. It simply must work. There're other Samsung NC10 and it's working for them.

I hope it will work for you ,too.

nc10.zip

Adam

i get this error Apple Yukon2 romlessinit get property failed

You can ignore that error usually. Try going to System Preferences > Network and see if it detects a new network device.

i can't find anything.....

on compaq mini 700, with PCIID: ab11:5443 aka Yukon-88E8040 got following error:

AppleYukon2: RxRingSize 256, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 256, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 1024

any ideas, why MSI isn't allocated?

i've the same error in verbose mode

Thank you Adamsalac! The driver is working. This is a present to my birthday.

The small problem with Mac-address. I had

Picture_2.png

this address 00:11:22:33:44:55 is not good. What to do?

1. Kextload my beta driver Marvell.kext and look into system log

Nov 18 16:55:26 sergeys-macpro31 kernel[0]: Marvell: Ethernet address 00:1d:09:59:0e:e9

This is actual Mac address.

2. Open AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleYukon2 with HexEdit 2.0 (freeware).

Picture_3.png

At the picture you can see what and where

1AF20: C6 45 E2 00 C6 45 E3 11 C6 45 E4 22 C6 45 E5 33 C6 45 E6 44 C6 45 E7 55

Change these digits to your Mac-address, save and reboot. Now I see

Picture_1.png

I am happy!

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as Palomu.

Ethernet card is Marvell Yukon 88E8048 Device ID 435A.

In System Profiler >> Software >> Extensions, AppleYukon2.kext is not displayed.

When I boot in verbose mode, there is an error: AppleYukon2 - RomlessInit - getProperty failed

I have now tried all different kext-versions Adam has provided but unfortunately same result with all of them.

All ideas to solve this issue are more than welcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Rooster

Thank you Adamsalac! The driver is working. This is a present to my birthday.

The small problem with Mac-address. I had

post-112217-1236326654_thumb.png

this address 00:11:22:33:44:55 is not good. What to do?

1. Kextload my beta driver Marvell.kext and look into system log

This is actual Mac address.

2. Open AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleYukon2 with HexEdit 2.0 (freeware).

post-112217-1236326897_thumb.png

At the picture you can see what and where

1AF20: C6 45 E2 00 C6 45 E3 11 C6 45 E4 22 C6 45 E5 33 C6 45 E6 44 C6 45 E7 55

Change these digits to your Mac-address, save and reboot. Now I see

post-112217-1236327111_thumb.png

I am happy!

Thanks for this slice, worked a treat here. Do you reckon there's any way of using your working code to detect the MAC address and patching it in? Would be nice to save just changing the default MAC. If not this seems to be a good enough solution anyway.