[SOLVED] Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

lukamar

11 posts in this topic

Hi to all!! I've in my notebook HP Pavillion DV5-1070el a Serial ATA DVD-RW (Optiarc AD-7561S), that don't works and on boot form dvd i read the "Still waiting for root device" message.

I installed leopard retail by an external dvd usb.

Another curious thing is the error in System Profiler on Serial ATA section, it don't recognizes SATA Controller.

But if i physically remove the sata dvd, this fix the error in system profile, and i can view all sata ports recognized!!

It's incredible.

Any solution? This depends by dvd or controller?

This is a problem only for leopard, win vista and ubuntu isn't affect.

I've this problem with all distrubution of leo: retail, iDeneb, kalyway, iAtkos and iPC.

The product id of my chipset is 0x29298086.

Sorry for my bad english.Thanks.

Ok, thanx man. But no firmware updetes are available by optiarc and hp, my bios do not allow me to change AHCI mode to IDE.

I think that's SATA, can you confirm?

28022009006.jpg

I used this kext for chipset recognition, but this work only without dvd drive because it (the dvd) generate error in system profile in serial ata section.

ehy lukamar.. i've the same chipset and connector too.. but the DVD ipc 10.5.6 boot fine, and also the dvd XXX or lawless. or iatkos v5.0 .. use mkext from this extensions.mkext to extrapolate their own driver.

For thorazine74: I've tried yet that "fake" kext with and without -f kernel flag to force it. But don't works..

For ugokin: ICH9M is full compatible with leo but Optiarc AD-7561S not, have you got this dvd drive or another?

If i remove dvd from pc, ich9 is recognized!!! Incerdible..

Its not really that important if the controller shows up as Unknown or ICH9, its mostly the same, though the legacy kext uses a slightly different driver its unknown what are the functional difference.

I would advise you to try this:

1st: restore the original vanilla AppleAHCIport and IOAHCIFamily/IOAHCIBlockstorage kexts and remove corresponding legacy kexts if you have any, and see if you get the 2 ports recognized (as unknown) without the dvd plugged on. Then try with the dvd connected but check if you see it in Disk Utility, not only in system profiler.

2nd: install the legacy kext ( LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext.zip) I proposed above (without dvd) and make sure it loads, i.e the ports should appear now as ICH9M/ICH9M-E AHCI in System Profiler instead of Unknown AHCI. Now try with the DVD connected and see if it appears in Disk Utility.

If it doesnt work I'm afraid that particular drve is the one to blame.

Tnx thora!! Is exacly as you say!! With dvd plugged, chipset works but with errors in system profiles and no problem in disk utility, without dvd no errors in system profile but unknown chipset that i've fixed with AppleAHCIPort.

I can confirm, this particular drive is the one to blame!!!

I've bought a new dvd, i'm waiting for delivery..