MULTIBOOT DVD APP

LGT13

1 post in this topic

Hello people. Its been ages since i posted in these forums. I love the new layout btw. Just an update I am now a proud owner of a a full fledged Imac ALU 24 :) . I grew tired of jumping through so many hoops for OSX86 and gpu overheating problems. Im glad apple hasn't slammed the hammer on this project because it helps potential buyers like me ease into the OS and eventually buy the real thing. I just dont agree with what Psystar :) and its clones are doing by trying to profit off the work of the community and brining unnecessary heat from apple to reconsider it's handling of the project. (unless I'm mistaken) I do love the OS I just wish it wasn't so resource hungry and the UI gets boring after a while :blink: .. Also there is no way to turn off paging.:(

Now on to my question. I want to create a multi boot dvd that will hold multiple linux Distros and maybe even XP pro so that I dont have to burn a bunch of regular cd's when i need to install them or run them live. I have googled to infinity but all the searches keep popping up multi boot OSX/linux/xp installation tutorials (witch I already mastered ages ago thanks to you guys) ;) . I have seen plenty of apps and guides for linux and windows but none for pulling this off on a mac. Now don't tell me to use a VM because that isnt what they are for.. can anyone please help me or point me to the right direction?

Also I might try creating a live disk of my OSX installation. I have read that this is possible as of recently but I am wondering if there is a way to extract my installed apps and keep all my settings for easy migration before I do a clean install.... Thank You. Any help is much appreciated.

PS: I typed all this wirelessly with my cell phone. :dev: