• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bigjnyc

bigjnyc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys I have an MSI wind running Leopard 10.5.6 everything is working perfectly here is some background info on my system:

model: u100-432US with 6 Cell Battery
Bios: 1.0A
I added 1gb of ram
I swapped out the wireless card for a Dell 1490
I have the synaptics touchpad.

I have everything working perfectly, I used the retail DVD installation method.

Now here is my problem: when running on AC power everything is fine, when fully charged (according to leopard battery meter) it runs fine. when the battery gets down to like 50% or less i get random shutdowns. the computer shuts down and when i try to turn it back on it just shuts down again. Its almost as if the battery is drained? but it cant be because i havent used it enough since a full charge, and the meter says i have about 50% power left.

When i called MSI they told me to ship the whole computer to them, but i would hate to have to reinstall windows and then go through the whole leopard process again. and i'm afraid they wont be able to replicate the problem with windows.

anyone experience this? any ideas or suggestions?

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Hack the Planet!
Original 6-Cell Battery or eBay?

Hey guys I have an MSI wind running Leopard 10.5.6 everything is working perfectly here is some background info on my system:

model: u100-432US with 6 Cell Battery
Bios: 1.0A
I added 1gb of ram
I swapped out the wireless card for a Dell 1490
I have the synaptics touchpad.
I have everything working perfectly, I used the retail DVD installation method.

Now here is my problem: when running on AC power everything is fine, when fully charged (according to leopard battery meter) it runs fine. when the battery gets down to like 50% or less i get random shutdowns. the computer shuts down and when i try to turn it back on it just shuts down again. Its almost as if the battery is drained? but it cant be because i havent used it enough since a full charge, and the meter says i have about 50% power left.

When i called MSI they told me to ship the whole computer to them, but i would hate to have to reinstall windows and then go through the whole leopard process again. and i'm afraid they wont be able to replicate the problem with windows.

anyone experience this? any ideas or suggestions?

bigjnyc

bigjnyc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Original 6-Cell Battery or eBay?

Original 6 Cell that came in the box from MSI

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Many people on the MSIWind forums report this issue. Seems like a battery issue.

bigjnyc

bigjnyc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Many people on the MSIWind forums report this issue. Seems like a battery issue.

Damn I guess I'm going to have to order a new battery, I don't really want to go through the whole process and then sending it MSI. Thanks.

Sidihbibi

Sidihbibi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I try to install Kalyway or ideneb MSI NetOn AP1900 I would like some advice because after each successful installation it is blistered on the home screen apple any idea about how to configure bios
Thank you in advance

Nile Hadwards

Nile Hadwards

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Good post. Thanks for sharing such a nice information regarding MSI Wind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy