• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jash Sayani

Jash Sayani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I have a Mac mini and a Hackintosh with Leopard and working bluetooth. I want to configure Internet sharing via Bluetooth on my Mac mini and access it via the Hackintosh.

How do I configure Internet sharing via Bluetooth and access it on the hackintosh ?

ReCreate

ReCreate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I am not sure if it is possible, And if it is, You would get 20<Kb Speeds.
20KBs are about the maximum speed over bluetooth.

ianholt60

ianholt60

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi.
Hey mate i have no idea about this.
Sorry.

jadedfey

jadedfey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes it is possible. I succeeded with Bluetooth Internet sharing between my MacBook running snow leopard and my acer aspire one a150 hackintosh running the ideneb v6 with no wifi card yet. I had to try a bunch of things but i did get it working. I had to set both computers to "share Internet with other Bluetooth devices". Pair the computers via bluetooth. From the Mac go to the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select the hackintosh and select "connect to network". On the hackintosh go to system pref, network, and select the Bluetooth pan. On the right select "configure using DHCP". In the "DNS Server" window enter the IP address of the computer that's sharing it's Internet connection (Mac) Apply, close, launch browser, watch slow Internet. Ok until I buy a replacement wifi card. I'm no expert and made my first hackintosh this week! Lots of fun. Hope this helps.

Apple MacBook intel core duo 2.2
2 gigs ram
Snow Leopard 10.6.3
Acer aspire one
1.5 gigs ram
Ideneb v6 10.5.8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy