• Please log in to reply
2613 replies to this topic

KwikkSilva

KwikkSilva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
EDIT : Ok, i booted into the drive using the iDeneb DVD.

I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and did a kextcache -c

Now it seems to be booting the whole way....... BUT

I can't see anything after it switches from the text mode....

It just stays BLACK, but i can see alot of hard drive activity.

I have an Intel 945GM Graphics Card.

Any ideas on what i should do???

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

EDIT : Ok, i booted into the drive using the iDeneb DVD.

I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and did a kextcache -c

Now it seems to be booting the whole way....... BUT

I can't see anything after it switches from the text mode....

It just stays BLACK, but i can see alot of hard drive activity.

I have an Intel 945GM Graphics Card.

Any ideas on what i should do???

first: your card is a gma950, the chipset on the card is 945.
great you got it fixed, boot into the os with either an external monitor or try to boot with -x. once in there install the gma950 fix from sonotone. your screen is black because the gma950 is in sleep mode. once you are in the OS either with an external monitor or via -x use expose/spaces to assign one corner to make your monitor sleep. once you have that and you reboot normal you will be greeted with a black screen again. move your mouse into the assigned corner, back to the screen area (gotta do this blind) and the monitor will wake up. you may have to wait a little before it catches. if you use sonotone's gma950 patch make sure you have a login with password.

btw. why in the world would there be the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext after the install. that is a self killer. not your fault, I am just confused it got installed with the distro you have...

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
do i need to repartition my entire hd or can i leave everything(recovery etc) intact??

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
i noticed that there are 2 entries for my audio one under sigmatel and one under legacy. does it matter

also isnt there an option in the ipc disk that says remove applecpumanagement... or something??

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
help i'm on my second install and i'm happy i got it going the first time but when i installed sonatones pack it broke it.... just from the ipc disk wireless worked?? even though i didnt pick anything video was good mouse was ok with keyboard but no sound...

KwikkSilva

KwikkSilva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

first: your card is a gma950, the chipset on the card is 945.
great you got it fixed, boot into the os with either an external monitor or try to boot with -x. once in there install the gma950 fix from sonotone. your screen is black because the gma950 is in sleep mode. once you are in the OS either with an external monitor or via -x use expose/spaces to assign one corner to make your monitor sleep. once you have that and you reboot normal you will be greeted with a black screen again. move your mouse into the assigned corner, back to the screen area (gotta do this blind) and the monitor will wake up. you may have to wait a little before it catches. if you use sonotone's gma950 patch make sure you have a login with password.

btw. why in the world would there be the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext after the install. that is a self killer. not your fault, I am just confused it got installed with the distro you have...

I've installed 3 times now and each time i have to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in order to get past the Kernel panic. I Guess its just the iDeneb DVD for 10.5.5 it must leave it there. :(

Thanks for the advice on the GMA 950 and external monitor... i'm closer i think.

When i connect the External Monitor nothing appears, until i press Fn + F8 after which the monitor wakes up... BUT.

The screen is garbled... it has a 2 inch Gray Bar on the Left and then Horiztonal Grey Lines going down the right.

If i press Fn + F8 again, it switches to the Laptop display, but its the same.

One thing i DID change for this install, was after you mentioned GMA950 was my card, the iDeneb DVD had 2 patches which i added to this install.

ICH Fix for Intel 7/8/9 boards
GMA950 Fix

I believe the ICH Fix was what actually got me past the original error ("still waiting for root device"), as i had installed that by itself on my 2nd install, and it got me past "still waiting for root device"

On my 3rd install i installed the GMA950 patch, as i thought it might help (i'm not sure if the iDeneb GMA950 patch is the same as sonotones)

Last thing... when i press my monitor info button (during the garbled screen) it says the Laptop is trying to display at 1024 * 768 @ 60Hz

I'm still searching the forums for answers (particularly the Video thread) but if you have any (further) words of wisdom, they are welcome :(

Thanks again man! I'm going to get this thing going if its the last thing i do!

Kwikk

EDIT : Here is my screen. I have tried booting with -x but it does not help!

Posted Image

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
i used ipc and my e1505 is now working except that i cant figure how to set hibernate to what and sleep to whatever so it will wake up for me after it's been shut down for awhile...

i woke up and was all ma....

ok so how do i make sure that i have it all working??? like speed step and dual core support and just in general that my e1505 is running at the best of abilities(and stable)

coarselanguage

coarselanguage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Guys,

First kiwkk, sounds like you are using the darwin bootloader. Have you tried typing in "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" at the boot loader when you type in -x and see if that works or maybe use a resolution like 800x600 etc?? I know you can also try to edit the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and insert the lines:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280102432</string>

Something to try I guess.

Second (My Question):
I have a real noob question but here goes. After 6-7 reinstalls etc.. I know have osx 10.5.6 (with the voodoo kernel) installed on one partition and 10.5.2 installed on another partition. Now almost all of my hardware is working in 10.5.2, but in 10.5.6 I can't seem to get anything working. I'm really only trying to get my wireless working at this point. I tried to use sonetones (think thats their name) Dell post installer but that has not worked for me.

Is there any way that I could just copy over the kext files from 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 and have it work? Or would I also need to change my kernel on 10.5.6? I just want to know if there is any chance of being able to use my existing working config files from 10.5.2 in 10.5.6 to get all my hardware working. Or am I going to have to trawl the forums looking for new/different kexts, etc for 10.5.6 ??

Cheers.

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hey Guys,

First kiwkk, sounds like you are using the darwin bootloader. Have you tried typing in "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" at the boot loader when you type in -x and see if that works or maybe use a resolution like 800x600 etc?? I know you can also try to edit the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and insert the lines:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280102432</string>

Something to try I guess.

Second (My Question):
I have a real noob question but here goes. After 6-7 reinstalls etc.. I know have osx 10.5.6 (with the voodoo kernel) installed on one partition and 10.5.2 installed on another partition. Now almost all of my hardware is working in 10.5.2, but in 10.5.6 I can't seem to get anything working. I'm really only trying to get my wireless working at this point. I tried to use sonetones (think thats their name) Dell post installer but that has not worked for me.

Is there any way that I could just copy over the kext files from 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 and have it work? Or would I also need to change my kernel on 10.5.6? I just want to know if there is any chance of being able to use my existing working config files from 10.5.2 in 10.5.6 to get all my hardware working. Or am I going to have to trawl the forums looking for new/different kexts, etc for 10.5.6 ??

Cheers.

what install method did you use for your 10.5.6... ipc...ideneb.. iatkos ???
what is your laptop??

coarselanguage

coarselanguage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I forgot to put in that info .. i am a noob. ah well.

PC: Dell 1720:

Intel Core2 Duo Processor T5850
2.16 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB GDDR2 Dedicated Graphic memory
Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card

Install method for 10.5.2 was the iATKOS 10.5.2 install cd.

To install 10.5.6 on the other partition I installed iATKOS 5i which installed 10.5.5 and then booted up in 10.5.2 and from within 10.5.2 I installed the software update onto the other partition which updated it from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6. I also had to delete the power management kext and a few other minor tweaks to get to it boot into 10.5.6 smoothly.

I also tried to use various combinations of drivers from the iATKOS 5i install cd as well as Sonotone's Dell Laptop Post Installer v1.4.1 but with no real success (for my wireless and graphics card at least)

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
is it throwing up errors at start about kext on you??

sonatones installer broke my install first time up but the on my next fresh install i rebooted with -f (dont know if it matters) and ran sonatones 1.4.1 ?? picked what i needed to work(only what wasnt working) ran it and then opened up osx86tools and pick first 3 options in repair ,,,

repair permissions
repair extensions
delete kext cache

ran it
reastarted normally
LOVED IT!!!

coarselanguage

coarselanguage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I can boot up into 10.5.6 using -x -f.
Because I have already tried to replace the kext files in 10.5.6 with kext files from my older install and the dell patcher it is now coming up with errors about kext files, but I can still boot up and login.

What I want to know is should I be able to use the kexts from 10.5.6 or will these definately NOT work? And am I better off just looking for drivers for my hardware that others have tested in 10.5.6 or is there anything I can do to use what I already have

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
read last post :(

coarselanguage

coarselanguage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have gone through after using sonatones installer and manually repaired the permissions and deleted the kext cache, with no luck. But I might give osx86tools a whirl

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
its only thing that makes mine work

like disk utility wasnt good enough or something i dont know it just worked for me

dont forget THE FIRST 3 OPTIONS!!

justlearning

justlearning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
would the GMA 950 fix/patches work for an HP NC6400 laptop with the same graphics adapter?

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
i am now on my 3rd install with the ipc disk ....

should i be running the efi v9 version of this or just the straight 1.4.1

i can get the system all the way going but i try to keep tweaking it and breaking trying some of the stuff in this installer..

i'm running it installs fine i run osx86 repair and set everything delete the cache reboot and on this latest venture i lost my keyboard..

should i be using the smbios off the ipc disk or should i overwrite it with this and if so which one for a gma950 1.6ghz cor duo 1 gb ram ?

also i cannot get trackpad scrolling to work which is not a big deal because it keeps breaking my install but at the same time before and after breaking keyboard i would get shocked off usb ports and i can feel static on my trackpad?? whats up with that?

also i am looking to find out how i can make sure that my system is running at max speed(performance) i noticed i couldn't go to hulu and watch things in full screen without it jumping and not even really at all when switched to 480p on the player..

how do i fix this?

coarselanguage

coarselanguage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
wraithalchemist == legend !!!

osx86tools worked like a charm ! Thanks for the tip.

Thanks mate, you've saved me a heap of time ! I now have almost everything working, wireless, blutooth and my display is running 1920 x 1080 (Which looks soo sweet !!)

I also strongly recommend OSX86TOOLS to EVERYONE (http://######.com/osx86tools/)
This is such a great utility, which strangely I haven't seen mentioned too often in this forum (I'm probably not looking hard enough) It's also the best thing ever for backing up your current configuration (short of imaging the drive)

wraithalchemist, when I inititally went up to 10.5.6 I had smbios issues and when I was installing from AITKOS 5i and what finally worked for me was not checking any of the boxes (which installed what I assume would be the default smbios) which worked fine for me, but I'm using different hardware to you.

Cheers !

yay now I can install iLife09.

wraithalchemist

wraithalchemist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
welcome,

as far as the wireless goes your using the 1390 or 1395 right.... i am experiencing some major drops in my connection while downloading... like i have to pause the download and start it again so it keeps going, not too mention the speed is sparatic. i noticed in osx86 tools there is a box for enable/disable quartz gl, how do i tell if it is enabled or not??

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

help i'm on my second install and i'm happy i got it going the first time but when i installed sonatones pack it broke it.... just from the ipc disk wireless worked?? even though i didnt pick anything video was good mouse was ok with keyboard but no sound...

if you are at this stage to get sound working you need to extract the hda from sonotone's patch manually and install it with kexthelper or osx86 tools.

I've installed 3 times now and each time i have to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in order to get past the Kernel panic. I Guess its just the iDeneb DVD for 10.5.5 it must leave it there. :)

On my 3rd install i installed the GMA950 patch, as i thought it might help (i'm not sure if the iDeneb GMA950 patch is the same as sonotones)

Last thing... when i press my monitor info button (during the garbled screen) it says the Laptop is trying to display at 1024 * 768 @ 60Hz

Kwikk

sonotone's is not the same and includes a script that wakes up the monitor from sleep after boot. I think you do need that one. for the screen resolution add resolution into you com.apple.boot.plist like this to force it:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel.voodoo</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>"Graphics Mode"=1280x800x32@60"</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
	</dict>
</plist>
Also, you need to turn the notebook off, plug in the external monitor and boot with it attached otherwise it won't work.

i am now on my 3rd install with the ipc disk ....

should i be running the efi v9 version of this or just the straight 1.4.1
I am using pcefi9 to get deep sleep, otherwise that won't work

i can get the system all the way going but i try to keep tweaking it and breaking trying some of the stuff in this installer..
you need to be more patient. I am gone for a couple hours and you hacked away an almost perfect installation :D (only sound missing...)

should i be using the smbios off the ipc disk or should i overwrite it with this and if so which one for a gma950 1.6ghz cor duo 1 gb ram ?
not important, just info it displays correctly or not, cosmetics.

also i cannot get trackpad scrolling to work which is not a big deal because it keeps breaking my install but at the same time before and after breaking keyboard i would get shocked off usb ports and i can feel static on my trackpad?? whats up with that?
don't worry about this yet

also i am looking to find out how i can make sure that my system is running at max speed(performance) i noticed i couldn't go to hulu and watch things in full screen without it jumping and not even really at all when switched to 480p on the player..
you likely have no hardware acceleration or qe.
you need to see this to have full hardware support. find this under about this mac/more info.../Graphics/Displays

Chipset Model:	GMA 950
  Type:	Display
  Bus:	Built-In
  VRAM (Total):	64 MB of shared system memory
  Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:	0x27a2
  Revision ID:	0x0003
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:	1280 x 800
  Depth:	32-bit Color
  Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Quartz Extreme:	Supported
  Built-In:	Yes
  QuartzGL:	Supported
Display Connector:

how do i fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy