jerwalker

jerwalker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
M1530 - BLUETOOTH / WIFI NOT WORKING

Hi all,

Currently I am running a stable on 10.5.4, but I have a few loose ends I would like to tie up. Maybe someone here can help?

1) I am on the internet using a TP-Link wifi dongle, since as far as I know the Intel 3945abg wireless is still not supported? Can I just get a confirmation?

2) My bluetooth is not running OR detected. In BIOS I have this enabled, but OSX does not see it at all. Help?

I am suspecting some of my issues have to do with the hardware wifi/bluetooth switch on my laptop...if there is a working kext for the Intel 3945 I doubt it would even work because the switch itself doesnt seem to work. Back when I was running Vista, if I moved the switch i would get little led icons on my laptop HUD showing (BT) or (WiFi)...but nothing now.

Jurek

Jurek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I was thinking the same yesterday. speaker mute with headphones and it's perfect.

Hey, I just tried tbcarey's .kext for my sound. And, wow, mute works, headphones work, mic works. Speakers as has been said are not working,
BUT, what I notices is if i reload my, mac os with headphones plugged into jack, then I get sound on my speakers and headphones. Weird. Just wanted to write, if it helps to figure out the problem.
(another interesting fact, that my midi settings correctly recognise when i plug in head phones and switcj from "internal speakers" settings to "headphones settings"

Rounder84

Rounder84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at installing OSX on my Dell Inspiron 6400.

I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Specs are:

Core 2 Duo 1.66 Ghz
ATI x1400
160 GB HD
2Gb RAM
Vista x64 SP1

So anyways, I have the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, I shrunk my HD to have 50GB of unallocated space as one guide said. But when I restart and boot from the DVD, I press F8, and do -v ... it just gets to the second line saying HFS something, and the thingy just keeps spinning, I thought I'd let it do it's thing, 15 mins later I came back and it's still at the same point. So I can't even boot into the Leopard installation. I'm pretty sure that once I get passed this I would be alright to figure out the rest.

Any help would be great! :)

schnarf

schnarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Just noticed this. I've got an Intel T2500 Core Duo. In system profiler and about this mac, it shows up as 1 GHz, 2 cores (now that dual core is working). FSB speed is 667 MHz. Is there something wrong here? It's supposed to be 2 GHz.

h e r e j e

h e r e j e

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Since installing with Kalyway 10.5.2, whenever I try to send packets I get a loopback ip. Occasionally I get an actually IP until I try to send and receive packets.

It was working previously. And from reading that statement on the front page, its apparently not just me.

When I tried using the older ionetworking (which I did a few days ago) I lost my wireless. Didn't even see that I had an airport (which comes up on its own - its a dell 1500)

You need to copy both old kexts IONetworkingFamily.kext and IO80211Family.kext, changing that ethernet and wifi should work.

csn_pilot

csn_pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Just noticed this. I've got an Intel T2500 Core Duo. In system profiler and about this mac, it shows up as 1 GHz, 2 cores (now that dual core is working). FSB speed is 667 MHz. Is there something wrong here? It's supposed to be 2 GHz.

My 6400 does the same type of thing. Sometimes, it is listed as 800 mhz, and other times it is listed as 1.6 ghz. I assume that this is speedstep trying to save power.

BTW, I am running the dual core 9.2 kernel with pc efi and 10.5.2. Everything is working phenomenally. I actually tested my computer against a real macbook, and my system is faster in most areas! Thanks to everyone, especially to this guide's author.

csn_pilot

csn_pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I just installed the gma 950 driver from version 1.0 of the sonotone dell laptop installer. I'm running 10.5.2 on an inspiron e1505/6400 with retail vanilla dual core kernel 9.2. A very funny thing happens when I boot up. Most times that I boot up, everything will be fine until the screen for a split second switches from the apple logo to blue, and then the screen shuts off and becomes black . I can hear audio when I adjust the volume, and the computer is reponsive, except for the screen. When I plug in my external monitor, there are vertical lines of many colors, mainly blue on the external screen, but my laptop's screen remains black. After holding down the power button to reset the computer, and unplugging the display, I reboot the computer and everything then works perfectly fine, with no artifacts or mouse tearing at all, even with MS Office and Firefox. Before, with the tiger appleintegratedframebuffer.kext, there was always graphical tearing and artifacts.

If it helps, I installed the media keys enabler, the sigmatel 9200 support, Broadcom 440x, battery meter, lid sleep, and the 9400 trackpad scrolling (thought that this was close enough to my 6400). Is there a problem with lid sleep? Every time that I wake the computer from sleep, there is a kernel panic (Please restart your computer).

I'm thinking of reinstalling from scratch, but that is so inconvenient. Please help if you can.

SpuriousLOL

SpuriousLOL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone reupload AppleHDA_Dell_Inspiron_9400.zip? The original attachment is dead.

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

My 6400 does the same type of thing. Sometimes, it is listed as 800 mhz, and other times it is listed as 1.6 ghz. I assume that this is speedstep trying to save power.

BTW, I am running the dual core 9.2 kernel with pc efi and 10.5.2. Everything is working phenomenally. I actually tested my computer against a real macbook, and my system is faster in most areas! Thanks to everyone, especially to this guide's author.

Hi it happens to me only when i use dual core kernel otherwise show normal cpu.
I think it modded kernel for 2cores......

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

I just installed the gma 950 driver from version 1.0 of the sonotone dell laptop installer. I'm running 10.5.2 on an inspiron e1505/6400 with retail vanilla dual core kernel 9.2. A very funny thing happens when I boot up. Most times that I boot up, everything will be fine until the screen for a split second switches from the apple logo to blue, and then the screen shuts off and becomes black . I can hear audio when I adjust the volume, and the computer is reponsive, except for the screen. When I plug in my external monitor, there are vertical lines of many colors, mainly blue on the external screen, but my laptop's screen remains black. After holding down the power button to reset the computer, and unplugging the display, I reboot the computer and everything then works perfectly fine, with no artifacts or mouse tearing at all, even with MS Office and Firefox. Before, with the tiger appleintegratedframebuffer.kext, there was always graphical tearing and artifacts.

If it helps, I installed the media keys enabler, the sigmatel 9200 support, Broadcom 440x, battery meter, lid sleep, and the 9400 trackpad scrolling (thought that this was close enough to my 6400). Is there a problem with lid sleep? Every time that I wake the computer from sleep, there is a kernel panic (Please restart your computer).

I'm thinking of reinstalling from scratch, but that is so inconvenient. Please help if you can.

gma950 on Dell Inspiron without mouse artifacts has been solved for a couple weeks now. See some posts above. The problem is that the display boots in sleep mode (hence it turns black and everything seems to work otherwise). if you enable a script that wakes the display up from sleep or you enable sleep activation when moving mouse into corner of display you can wake it up as well. There is a script that wakes up the display from sleep on boot as well (not sure where it is at the moment).

http://forum.insanel...o...109017&hl=#
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=768365

csn_pilot

csn_pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Thank you, but could you list the steps? Do I get the graphics drivers from the stock 10.5.3 update or the sonotone post installer? Also, does this work with 10.5.2 or 10.5.4 also?

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Thank you, but could you list the steps? Do I get the graphics drivers from the stock 10.5.3 update or the sonotone post installer? Also, does this work with 10.5.2 or 10.5.4 also?

I only got this after upgrade to 10.5.3 with stock drivers. if you use the old intelintegratedframebuffer you get a clean boot but also artifacts. with stock drivers you get a black screen and have to apply a script or use the wake from sleep trick (set active corner in expose/spaces to wake from sleep via mouse). It may take a while before the mouse wakes the screen. you need to try a couple times. you also need to do this before the upgrade or you can attach an external monitor and fix afterwards.

sonotone uses the same driver from 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 and it may not work 100% with previous versions.
good luck

Fayt

Fayt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I got iATKOS working on my Dell 1520, however, the internet kicks cuts off after about 10 minutes of use. I really can't keep restarting this thing after 10 minutes, only to do it yet again, so what is going on here. I read in the guide:

During normal Internet browsing and LAN operations via Ethernet, if you find that your network connection seems to be randomly cutting out, this is because of an incompatibility between the old AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext and the new IONetworkingFamily.kext

If that's the problem, what am I supposed to do to fix it? Should I delete the old one? Thanks!

migusan

migusan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys, i'm having an inspiron 6400 with intel GMA 950.
I'm using Leopoard since the first version and tried a lot of distribution / kexts but were never able able to wake up correctly from sleep : the power led become fixed and bluetooth led stayed off with everything frozen and black screen.

Did you managed to get 6400 with GMA 950 working correctly with sleep ? if yes do you have any lead / clue / help for me ?

Thanks a lot

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Hi Guys, i'm having an inspiron 6400 with intel GMA 950.
I'm using Leopoard since the first version and tried a lot of distribution / kexts but were never able able to wake up correctly from sleep : the power led become fixed and bluetooth led stayed off with everything frozen and black screen.

Did you managed to get 6400 with GMA 950 working correctly with sleep ? if yes do you have any lead / clue / help for me ?

Thanks a lot

as far as I know sleep does not work with gma950 on a Dell notebook. The only thing you can get to work is display sleep which brings just the display to sleep on lid close (there is some script somwhere here that accomplishes that). But "real" sleep does not work. The notebook never wakes up from that (you can tell you have real sleep when the power light is slowly blinking, it stays always on on display sleep).

but that doesn't mean there may be a fix in the future. I already gave up on both cores with my c2d and now we got a fix for it. cross my fingers....

rajraj

rajraj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Heya guys.

I've got a March 2006 model Inspiron 6400 with GMA950 graphics and a T2400 Core Duo CPU. I'm attempting to install JaS 10.5.4, however when it gets to the GUI stage of setup, the screen goes blank and I'm unable to get an image.

Any help please?

brad813

brad813

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have an E1505 in which I upgraded the graphics to an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 128MB. Does anyone know how functional the graphics update would be in this circumstance or if I need to just follow the original instructions. Should also mention this will be installed on an extra modular hard drive I have on my Dell, until I can get a MacBook Pro(I am in a creative line of work but time is of the essence). Please advise.

Brad

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Heya guys.

I've got a March 2006 model Inspiron 6400 with GMA950 graphics and a T2400 Core Duo CPU. I'm attempting to install JaS 10.5.4, however when it gets to the GUI stage of setup, the screen goes blank and I'm unable to get an image.

Any help please?

the answer is right here above your post. here is what you can do after you installed it. attach an external monitor and you should get a desktop. then set active corner in expose/spaces to wake from sleep via mouse. this is a known problem with newest gma950 drivers. the system boots with the display asleep (black screen). there is a script mentioned above also you can use. Best is to use sonotone's dell postinstall patcher wonder, which you can find here

Jurek

Jurek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I have an E1505 in which I upgraded the graphics to an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 128MB. Does anyone know how functional the graphics update would be in this circumstance or if I need to just follow the original instructions. Should also mention this will be installed on an extra modular hard drive I have on my Dell, until I can get a MacBook Pro(I am in a creative line of work but time is of the essence). Please advise.

Brad

I used to have ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 128MB on my e1505, and had a lot of problems, you can enable QE, but you get graphic shattering, and artifacts, I could hide them a bit, but still they were noticeable and annoying. So I just bought nVidia Go card for my laptop on eBay, replaced the card, and it works perfectly. Maybe there is a so called solution for X1300, but I doubt it. )))

brad813

brad813

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I used to have ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 128MB on my e1505, and had a lot of problems, you can enable QE, but you get graphic shattering, and artifacts, I could hide them a bit, but still they were noticeable and annoying. So I just bought nVidia Go card for my laptop on eBay, replaced the card, and it works perfectly. Maybe there is a so called solution for X1300, but I doubt it. )))

Seems odd since the original MacBook Pro systems used the exact same graphics. I guess I will have to experiment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy