• Please log in to reply
2613 replies to this topic

eedd

eedd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi All, I have a Dell E1705 laptop with a Geforce Go 7900 GS graphics card that I can't get to work with NVinject.
I installed using iAtkos v1.0i R2 and then updated to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway update. I've tried the NVinject v0.2.1, 0.2.0b and NVinjectGo 0.2.0.256Mb.7900GS kexts. I've tried installing all three of them using the manual way detailed in the first page of this thread, and using the installer from the NVinject website.
Each time my computer will boot, which I can tell because I have verbose mode enabled, but it won't display the desktop. The screen just goes black. Is there anyway I can fix this? Thanks!

eedd

eedd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Nevermind, I got it working using the Nvidia installer located here http://forum.insanel...mp;#entry436600 .

motivr

motivr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Dell 355 Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. I installed OS X using Kalyway 10.5.2 iso on my E1505 Core Duo (T2400) laptop, and it recognized the bluetooth module.
But I have a problem. I tried to pair my Logitech V270 mouse, but It won't pair although it discovered the mouse.
I tried with my Microsoft Explorer Mouse and keyboard for Bluetooth, they won't pair either.
However, I can pair my LG VX8700 cellphone without any problem.
I think there's something wrong with Bluetooth HID thing. Does anyone have a idea about my problem?? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found a solution for my problem . http://forum.insanel...showtopic=95789. The USB fix did the job.

PainToad

PainToad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with the speedstep kernal however I get the following in Terminal, does that mean SpeedStep isn't active? Thanks heaps guys :)

$ sysctl -a | grep freq
kern.exec: unknown type returned
hw.busfrequency = 532000000
hw.cpufrequency = 1733000000
hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000
hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 1733000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 1733000000
hw.cpufrequency: 1733000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 532000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 532000000
hw.busfrequency: 532000000

dingnecros

dingnecros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I just installed the iAtkos2.0i on my e1405 (or 640m) and I only get black screen after a breif blue screen. What am I doing wrong here ?? The system has a gmp950 video card and I selected the package in the installation menu.

Please help

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with the speedstep kernal however I get the following in Terminal, does that mean SpeedStep isn't active? Thanks heaps guys :shock:

$ sysctl -a | grep freq
kern.exec: unknown type returned
hw.busfrequency = 532000000
hw.cpufrequency = 1733000000
hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000
hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 1733000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 1733000000
hw.cpufrequency: 1733000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 532000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 532000000
hw.busfrequency: 532000000

You need ACPICPUThrottle and Speedstep.app also.

PainToad

PainToad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I just installed the iAtkos2.0i on my e1405 (or 640m) and I only get black screen after a breif blue screen. What am I doing wrong here ?? The system has a gmp950 video card and I selected the package in the installation menu.

Please help

U disabled one of the cores in BIOS?

macguy6

macguy6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Ok so I tried the solution for 1280x800 rez on the first page for the x1400 and guess what, still at 1024x768. Is there any solution for this at all out there? I already have quarts enabled and nothing works. Is there anything at all?

also I edited the info.plist.

PainToad

PainToad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hey guys sorry to be annoying but I couldn't really pin down where to get help with my problem.

I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and it seemed to work but I got the /com.apple.boot.plist problem and I don't know enough about what is happening to figure out what I am supposed to do to fix it. if someone could link something or give me a little advice as to wear I could find informations to fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

All good mate, happy to help but what is ur problem exactly?

parday_2003

parday_2003

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
 Hey

i'm using 10.5.1 (i think iAtkos release) for a fairly long time.. and before 10.4.9 on my Inspiron 9400. Reinstalling 10.5.1 was no problem at all, but now i tried installing 10.5.2 (Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8) which does not work.

I always get the " ../com.apple.boot.plist not found " error promptly when trying to boot the dvd. I thought i read about this issue before in this forum but couldn't find anything regarding the Inspiron nb.

I've got 2 partitions, both Mac OS Extended Journaled, no Windows partition ..and installation of 10.5.1 worked fine with this configuration.

Any ideas? Thanks,..

macguy6

macguy6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hey I just got the Famed for working dell 1500 draft n card and guess what? IT DOESNT WORK!!!! I reinstalled leopard and installed a bunch of wireless fixes and stuff and nothing works!!!! did i waste my money or is there a fix?

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi it works on my dell640m dell 1500 draft n like a beauty

For dingnecros when you install iatkos v2 do not select package for gma950 otherwise you ll get a blank screen....

emefka

emefka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Guys,
No there we are.
10.5.3 is just released. My Question now:
Is it possible for me to upgrade?

Have got an darwin 9.2.2-Kernel.
The rest of my system iss in the signature.

Thanks for any help!

tbcarey

tbcarey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Just a quick note to let you all know that, almost a year later, I have done a bit more work on AppleHDA for 9400/6400. Things stalled because of work/life/etc. and the fact that I had hard drive issues and no time to reinstall everything, recover data, etc. Anyway, I've spent the better part of the past day working on this thing, so hopefully that means some progress is imminent!

The format of AppleHDA.kext has changed quite a bit with the new release of 10.5.3, and fortunately it seems it now provides a very simple debugging output to the console, so that makes it slightly easier to tell what effect various changes have on AppleHDA and should hopefully speed up the process just a tad bit. 

Here's what I've managed to do so far:

- Latest 10.5.3 kext is now working with STAC 9200

- Corrected pin nodes now show information in System Profiler when used with HDAEnabler (see screenshot)

- Better detection of input/output types by default (see control panel screenshot)

- Headphones work again, and are detected when plugged in - but no speaker muting as of yet, still... not entirely certain that 10.5.3 has added support for shared mixer widgets, but I'm still hopeful, given the changes I've seen in AppleHDA so far!

- Microphone works, though as before you need to use PlayThru for SigmaTel because of the codec's hardware limitations (there's no physical/wired pass-through connection between the input and output paths)

What's not included yet:

- Subwoofer is detected but will not work; I've played around with this quite a bit and the new AppleHDAPlatformDriver seems to parse node arrays differently and will not allow two devices to use the same DAC simultaneously - it throws up an error about being unable to select between the widgets. Hopefully this can be worked around. UPDATE: Subwoofer fixed, though no independent volume control yet.

- DSP library is included but not set up yet - so no microphone noise reduction, equaliser, or high/low-pass filters. I doubt anyone misses it anyway, but I'll add it back in shortly. 

- Speaker muting on headphone detection; there's a good chance this may never happen, since it requires customised drivers that handle shared mixer nodes properly, but maybe we'll get lucky...

So... not a great deal to report yet, anyway. Getting the 10.5.3 kext to work with the STAC 9200 was the biggest chore, so now that it's over, hopefully the rest will move fairly quickly. I'll try to add the DSP library back in soon and upload a version for the 6400 users, who don't require subwoofer support, so fingers crossed I don't get distracted and disappear for another few months...  :)

Hope you're all doing well.

-T.

Attached Files

casperionx

casperionx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Glad to see you back!

Now if only we could get a definitive fix for the dual core's lol

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Glad to see you back!

Now if only we could get a definitive fix for the dual core's lol

10.5.3 reacts differently during boot process (wiht both cores), but still no complete boot: it hang on blue screen or after dock apparition.
But it's better...: )

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Just a quick note to let you all know that, almost a year later, I have done a bit more work on AppleHDA for 9400/6400. Things stalled because of work/life/etc. and the fact that I had hard drive issues and no time to reinstall everything, recover data, etc. Anyway, I've spent the better part of the past day working on this thing, so hopefully that means some progress is imminent!
-----
Hope you're all doing well.

-T.

fantastic! great to see you back and looking forward to your progress. hope you can find a fix for speaker muting when headphones are plugged in.
thank you

Terrence Monroe

Terrence Monroe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'm having problems with my Graphics card. I have the ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 and I've done as it says in the post. Resolution is set but QE/CI is still not supported and it shows as no kext loaded:

Display:

Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x7145
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1400 x 1050
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Software
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

someone Help. This is really Pi**ing me off

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
Update for Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 users with GMA950. I got it to work without mouse tearing or artifacts for the first time on my notebook. Note that this is likely very system specific. I apologize if this has been posted before.

See my sig for details on my system. I had Kalyway 10.5.2 installed when I started with 10.5.3 upgrade. As commonly observed, I still had mouse artifacts on memory hungry programs such as MS Word, Adobe PS...
Sleep never worked. Only lid closing would work, but it wouldn't really sleep (power light would still be steady instead of blinking). I did have screen saver on enable when mouse moved to top right corner. This was done because the notebook would wake up from lid close sleep with black screen and I could invoke screen saver and got my desktop back that way.

This may be a combination of things or plain due to an upgrade to either one of the two things below. I don't know the details yet. The only thing I know is that it works.

I first upgraded with Jas 10.5.3 combo update. After the system booted I was welcomed with a blue screen and nothing happened. Only after about 5-10min. (got this by chance), the desktop would slowly build up and be fine after that. Everything else was the same as before, mouse tearing, no sleep...
I did not apply smbfix (maybe should have to fix long boot time, not sure).

Instead I downloaded Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and installed right over it. I then used modbin's kernel to replace current.

System rebooted fine and right into the desktop. It returned to a black screen. I moved my mouse into the top right corner and voila the desktop came back (screen saver invoked). I then noticed that there was no mouse tearing or artifacts, everything was perfect. I uninstalled mousepose and still no mouse tearing or artifacts.

so, for some reason the 10.5.3 upgrade corrected this issue. I have no idea at this point why this, but I am happy.

All I had to do next was to fix sound for sigmatel and everything is working except sleep and only 1 CPU.

I would be happy to hear experience by others who have E1505/6400 with gma 950 who installed either of the combo updates. I will dig in deaper to find what caused the fix. I'd be great to hear from the more experienced folks here where exactly to look for. Maybe it's possible to make a simple package to fix gma950 on dells now?

thanks

edit 1: sorry, my bad. when I wrote screensaver I really meant sleep/wake function. You need to enable sleep/wake on mouse to active corner of screen. When you get the black screen after boot, move mouse into active corner and the main laptop monitor will wake up. without artifacts!

devilhood

devilhood

My grain is not migraine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:toes
Just popping by to let you guys know that I am finally parting with my Inspiron 9400/E1705.

The story is: I moaned at the Dell tech guys about a particular build-defect that I discovered and they offered me a full £821 refund, no questions asked, which is quite surprising considering how old the lappy is.

I'll be buying a brand-new Dell XPS M1530 with a T9300 Penryn processor next week with the refund dosh; pretty good turn-out eh? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy