• 15 posts
stupid grafic cart x1400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SRANJE

MightyDarv

MightyDarv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So, having a 6400 with the x1400 Mobility: am I correct in reading that OpenGL hardware acceleration is currently not working? Seems to be the case, and that is the message I get trying to run a game. Is there just something I have missed? I'd love to keep my install on the laptop but one of the things I was hoping to do with it is game a little away from the desktop.

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
So got a weird one for you, after installing 10.5.2 kalyway the 1390 is intermittent, it works for a few seconds and gives a connection time out error, connects for a few seconds and does the same...Me thinks that it has to do with the airport updates, what do you think?

Should I downgrade the airport driver to 10.5.1 or 10.4.8 or something?

HaX0r Jim Duggan

HaX0r Jim Duggan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 and am thinking of installing Leopard on it.

Are both cores supported? Sorry if this has been answered a million times.

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
HaX0r: no support for dual core yet due to weird limited bios, people are working on the issue but no timeline as to when it will be done, still on one core it runs fine. It uses the entire cpu as one core instead of splitting the cpu in two cores that work at different times.

Also update on 1390 issue, it seems that 10.5.2 IONetworkingFamily.kext does not support the card well as it connects and disconnect intermittently so I downgraded to the 10.5.1 kext and everything seems to be working fine thus far!

If it matters I selected the broadcom airport fix from the dvd install menu and now it shows up as an airport extreme, although didn't seem to affect the performance of the card in any way (Tried it with and without)

Devilhood: you may want to make a mention of this 1390 issue and the fix in your guide :P

EDIT: Oh and FYI: I get NO artifacting on my gma950 with Kalyway 10.5.2 running vanilla!!

EDIT 2: Running 3 days on IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.5.1 on kalyway 10.5.2 install with Truemobile 1390 wireless without any issues

10.5.1 kext for IONetworkingFamily can be found here

devilhood

devilhood

My grain is not migraine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:toes
I'll update the guide during this week with a few extra bits and bobs :) Haven't had a lot of time recently.

AnonymousOne

AnonymousOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Will this work with a Dell Inspiron 530s?

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Will this work with a Dell Inspiron 530s?

As long as the equipment is the same it should work fine.

AnonymousOne

AnonymousOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

As long as the equipment is the same it should work fine.

Erm, The specs are:

Core2Duo 2.66Ghz E6750
2gb Ram
nVidia GeFroce 8300gs
Im not sure what motherboard or anything but its still exactly how it come 5months ago except Firewire card.

Thanks for getting back to me btw.

jpsiemer

jpsiemer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I've tried every version of NVInjectGO for my GeForce Go 7900 GS. I remember it worked fine on iATKOS, but I can't get the damn thing working on Leo4Allv3. I can't even change my resolution... it's stuck at 1024 x 768!!! Is this normal?I've tried every version of NVInjectGO for my GeForce Go 7900 GS. I remember it worked fine on iATKOS, but I can't get the damn thing working on Leo4Allv3. I can't even change my resolution... it's stuck at 1024 x 768!!! Is this normal?

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
jpsiemer, make sure you didnt install two kexts or more, happened to me in kalyway and I was stuck at one resolution, I would install the kext from the install dvd with pacifist again

Anonymous one, the specs look fine but Im not sure about the video card, check the first page and if its listed there then you should be fine, if its not listed then do a forum search. Also make sure you find out what kind of wireless card and wired internet you have and check them with the first page.

AnonymousOne

AnonymousOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Ok, Thanks Kevisosx.

HaX0r Jim Duggan

HaX0r Jim Duggan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
So, as far as the 9400 is concerned: no dual core, no wireless and the x1400 doesn't work properly either? Think I might give it a miss :D

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Yeah it's hard not being a real mac and even worse being a Dell! if it wasn't a Dell then we would have both cores...sigh oh well the one core works fine enough for me until I get into video editing, in which case I'll boot into windows.

Fortunately the wireless issue is as simple as buying a ten dollar card off ebay that fits right in place of the stock wireless.

synth

synth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Finally back home after 2 months in the sea :(
Just got Leo4All v 3
Everything works fine just like in Tiger .... Well almost
Does anyone have an idea how to boot with 2 cores on, because sleep works just fine ?
On Leo4All v 2 i had no problems with the CPU but the PS2 Driver ?! :P
thanks in advance :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried every version of NVInjectGO for my GeForce Go 7900 GS. I remember it worked fine on iATKOS, but I can't get the damn thing working on Leo4Allv3. I can't even change my resolution... it's stuck at 1024 x 768!!! Is this normal?I've tried every version of NVInjectGO for my GeForce Go 7900 GS. I remember it worked fine on iATKOS, but I can't get the damn thing working on Leo4Allv3. I can't even change my resolution... it's stuck at 1024 x 768!!! Is this normal?

If u are using GFX string install the stock nVidia kexts for 10.5.2 and the NVinject driver for your card and boot with -f option
I had same problem with Leo4All v3
Hope this helps .

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

EDIT: Oh and FYI: I get NO artifacting on my gma950 with Kalyway 10.5.2 running vanilla!!

kevinosx, this is the first time I see somebody with the gma950 on a Dell notebook that has not tearing!?

what is your secret? btw. I thought I got rid of the tearing at some point also. However, once I installed some memory hungry programs (e.g. MS Office, ChemDraw...) the tearing came back.

let me know if there is anything special you did.

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

kevinosx, this is the first time I see somebody with the gma950 on a Dell notebook that has not tearing!?

what is your secret? btw. I thought I got rid of the tearing at some point also. However, once I installed some memory hungry programs (e.g. MS Office, ChemDraw...) the tearing came back.

let me know if there is anything special you did.

Well I haven't tried any memory hungry programs per se but the mouse and everything around looks normal, I only had one issue and that was when I used firefox it would occasionaly remember the picture of the mouse cursor but that has only happened in firefox (would you consider that tearing?).

Otherwise just a completely stock install with the gma950 kext selected etc.

csn_pilot

csn_pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I just installed Leopard graphics update on my inspiron 6400. After a restart, gma 950 works, but only external screen (laptop screen black).

Is there any way to get internal screen to work with Leopard Graphics Update appleintegratedframebuffer.kext, or do I have to go back to the old one with artifacts :( ?

And speeking of dual core, dell just needs to write a new bios that supports ahci (am i correct?).
If so, we could convince them to do so with this post on their ideastorm website:

http://www.ideastorm...l_Notebook_BIOS
or
http://www.ideastorm...de_on_Inspirons

(just click on promote in the left top corner of the page, and create an ideastorm account if you don't already have one)

Thanks for any help that you can give me regarding the graphics, and if you have time, post a comment about dual core on the ideastorm site. :)

TheGreatDeceiver

TheGreatDeceiver

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Well I haven't tried any memory hungry programs per se but the mouse and everything around looks normal, I only had one issue and that was when I used firefox it would occasionaly remember the picture of the mouse cursor but that has only happened in firefox (would you consider that tearing?).Otherwise just a completely stock install with the gma950 kext selected etc.

damn, I thought you had a solution. what you observe in firefox is mouse tearing, yes. if you use other memory hungry programs such as MS Word, you will see the mouse will leave trails of the curser on your document. There are workarounds (mouse pose), but only to a limited degree. Most noticable is a square right under the apple menu top left when you use such programs. if you do not have memory hungry programs installed it acts perfectly, very deceiving. still hoping for a fix then. until then it's mousepose for me. thanks for the clarification.

I just installed Leopard graphics update on my inspiron 6400. After a restart, gma 950 works, but only external screen (laptop screen black).Is there any way to get internal screen to work with Leopard Graphics Update appleintegratedframebuffer.kext, or do I have to go back to the old one with artifacts :) ?And speeking of dual core, dell just needs to write a new bios that supports ahci (am i correct?).If so, we could convince them to do so with this post on their ideastorm website:http://www.ideastorm...l_Notebook_BIOSorhttp://www.ideastorm...de_on_Inspirons(just click on promote in the left top corner of the page, and create an ideastorm account if you don't already have one)Thanks for any help that you can give me regarding the graphics, and if you have time, post a comment about dual core on the ideastorm site. <_<

sorry, I've been there too. and the answer is yes, you need to get your old integratedframebuffer.kext back to get it to work. gma950 is not playing nice with graphics update on dells.

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
and what is up with my gma950 only reading as 64mb shared memory instead of 224 like in windows? Is there a plist or something I can edit to fix this?

Yeah crap, mouse tearing, at least it's next to inexistant, I've only seen it in firefox. and the artifacting isn't that often either but still *sigh* it is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy