ADI AD2000b works with applehda

gary88

117 posts in this topic

I have tried every possible way to get this work on snow but have no luck. I am trying to get optical out but right now I will take anything. My board is an Asus M3A79-T Deluxe. This worked well on leo but not on snow. I have also tried the new one from king and also voodoo. With voodoo I get stereo out on the green jack but it is all garbled and you cant make out the sounds. Any ideas?

Men, WHERE is Extra/Extensions/ folder? I try to make work AD2000 on P5Q-E and still no success. Thanks

servus, try to get MainMenu it's trial but it will do the job, go to User > Show Finder Invisibles and in the root drive you will find it let me know if works for you since I am still trying to get mine to work.

I tried to do it Manni's way of putting the kext's

HDAEnabler.kext in System/Library/Extensions/ > through kext helper

HDAEnabler.kext and AD2000B.kext in Extra/Extensions/ > manualy

but didn't work out. and all I have is this

post-82867-1253525688_thumb.png

servus, try to get MainMenu it's trial but it will do the job, go to User > Show Finder Invisibles and in the root drive you will find it let me know if works for you since I am still trying to get mine to work.

I tried to do it Manni's way of putting the kext's

HDAEnabler.kext in System/Library/Extensions/ > through kext helper

HDAEnabler.kext and AD2000B.kext in Extra/Extensions/ > manualy

but didn't work out. and all I have is this

post-82867-1253525688_thumb.png

Actually, I'm using terminal for work on this level (in order to have control over permissions). And there is not such directory. I've tried to make it manually and paste files in it but with no efect. I think I tried everything in these forums and nothing works. I have one small idea - maybe the previous replacements of kexts made something wrong, so I'm installing SL again and will test on clean instalation.

Edit: With VoodooHDA.kext (I don't know version exactly, I think it is 0.2.1) and with untached other kexts is sound working fine. MOBO P5Q-E, it means AD2000 sound chip. I hope it will help.

hmm, well the extra direcotry is only when you have chameleon installed as a solution to boot your system.

take a look at these

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184766

or

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/chameleon-2...-release-t3989/

after it's install it creates an Extra directory, inside the / partition i belive it is in order to load at boot-time the various hacks (or kext's/drivers - whatever ) needed to run the entire system.

that's the way I had it when I used leo and this is the way I set up my system.

btw if you want to show all files through terminal you could use

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

in terminal > you need to restart finder

• 3 weeks later...
For people that are on SL, I'm also attaching the kext along with the new 32bit/64bit of HDAEnabler. These are the only kexts you need to get the AD2000B working under SL. HDEFEnabler is not required.

Snow_Leopard_AD2000b.zip

Nemes,

I got a REAL NOOB question and probably anyone can answer this... On all of these kexts that I download and unzip, I find there to be two folders, on yours specifically, there is a "_MACOSX" folder and a "Snow Leopard AD2000b" folder. What is the significance between the two? I know that the HDAEnabler kext is in both folders but why? I am still real new and I guess I have never seen that question asked.

If there is a significance to each folder, how does that affect how I install them? Thanks for your patience in what is possibly a retarded question.

Sometimes works sometimes not, i cannot figure out why. I have a p5q-e, SL 10.6.1 retail with chameleon rc3, kexts in extra e HDA enabler in system/library/extensions.

Strange!

Hello, did you try the new solution for snow leo...?

This is the URL: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189891

Much luck!

I have a retail 10.6.1 with chameleon on a p5q deluxe and it work great....

Greetings!

Gary

Actually, I'm using terminal for work on this level (in order to have control over permissions). And there is not such directory. I've tried to make it manually and paste files in it but with no efect. I think I tried everything in these forums and nothing works. I have one small idea - maybe the previous replacements of kexts made something wrong, so I'm installing SL again and will test on clean instalation.

Edit: With VoodooHDA.kext (I don't know version exactly, I think it is 0.2.1) and with untached other kexts is sound working fine. MOBO P5Q-E, it means AD2000 sound chip. I hope it will help.

look at my new snow leo thread...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189891

Much luck !

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
King has created a new version of his AD2000B.kext that supersedes the old one, which didn't work all that well in the first place (Mic issues). This works with Leopard and Snow Leopard, and Mics fully work.

You can grab it at RapidShare.

For people that are on SL, I'm also attaching the kext along with the new 32bit/64bit of HDAEnabler. These are the only kexts you need to get the AD2000B working under SL. HDEFEnabler is not required.

Snow_Leopard_AD2000b.zip

I've tried about a million different things to get sound on my P5Q-e. This is the only solution that worked on Snow Leopard aside from VoodooHDA. Thank you!

However, I can't control the volume when I'm using Digital Out. Does anyone know how to fix that?

EDIT: Looks like thats a "feature" on Apple computers. http://ask.metafilter.com/35539/Why-is-opt...t-full-on-a-Mac

I installed HDAEnabler into my System/Library/Extensions using kext helper. Then I placed ad2000b.kext AND HDAEnabler.kext into the Extra/CustomExentions folder of my chameleon installation. Don't forget to sudo touch System/Library/Extensions and rebuild the kextcache for chameleon.

• 4 months later...

If you have AD2000B sound and THe KiNG's latest kext (attached below), add this to your DSDT (before the first USB device for example) and you can delete HDAEnabler. The less modified kernel extensions, the better.

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x08)
					{
						"subsystem-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

You will also need Method MCDP somewhere.

See Master Chief's P5K Pro thread for reference - the fun starts here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1280888

Method (MCDP, 2, NotSerialized)
{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, Zero))
	{
		Store (Buffer (One)
			{
				0x03
			}, Arg1)
	}
}

Or you can use Apple's Method DTGP if you already have that in your DSDT, just replace the MCDP caller at the end of the HDEF device code with the DTGP one. You can copy it from another device in your DSDT, the code is identical for all devices that use it.

Master Chief's MCDP method does the same thing but takes up less space. Decide for yourself which method you want to use.

Here's the latest version of THe KiNG's ad2000b.kext, as modified by Phoenix Wright

AD2000b.kext.zip

It comes from here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=3784

Hi Beerkex'd, mine looks like this:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

Should I update to your version? what are the benefits?

Beerkex'd, does this also work with the new updated AppleHDA.kext from MacPro Audio Update?

Thanks in advance

I use iMac9,1 model identifier so I wouldn't have that if it only comes in a Mac Pro specific update.

I have AppleHDA version 1.7.9a4.

Try it and see, you can always back up your old DSDT and put it back. I edited my post with more info about DTGP/MCDP.

Btw I learned something cool the other day (courtesy THe KiNG and Phoenix Wright), take a look at the attachment.

It's the one I'm using but I've modified it a little bit, based on your signature.

P6TDeluxe.kext.zip

(unzip, right-click, show contents, then open the plist inside to see how it works - and compare with what you're using now).

If you use other .plist-only kexts you can easily add them. Or, if you need to add your video card's device ID to NVDAResman.kext for example, you can do it this way instead.

Beerkex'd, thanks for you reply. AppleHDA version 1.7.9a4 is the one we have with 10.6.2. Version 1.8.3fc1 is the new one included in the update, and I believe in 10.6.3 too.

I'll try your suggestions and report back, thanks again.

EDIT

Ok here are my results:

I don't see any differences when using your new HDEF DSDT code and mine old version.

I tried you P6TDeluxe.kext removing AD2000b.kext and LegacyYukon2.kext as both injectors are included. Everything works the same as before using the separated kexts besides the cosmetic fix for the ICH10R. Can I ask what are the benefits of using such a "multi" injector? Because for example with AppleHDA 1.8.3fc1 audio part doesn't work, so isn't it easer to replace a specific kext that has a problem instead of patching a "generic" kext?

Hi!

I have SL 10.6.2 64bit and AD1989B audio (P5Q Premium mobo). It works fine with AD2000B.kext (some devid and pinouts modifications)

but i have annoying popping sound and background noise when itunes stop playing. It looks like sound card switch off output or something else. Please help?

Did you do the IRQ fixes in DSDT? Look here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564

Also try changing your model identifier to Mac Pro - that fixes it for some people (/extra/smbios.plist)

I tried you P6TDeluxe.kext removing AD2000b.kext and LegacyYukon2.kext as both injectors are included. Everything works the same as before using the separated kexts besides the cosmetic fix for the ICH10R.

Unless you need hotplugging or hardware RAID to work, you don't need any cosmetic fixes or anything else (DSDT) for ICH10R when injecting it as ESB2. Look at the plist again. I'm guessing you had some kind of conflict with some other fix you're using.

Can I ask what are the benefits of using such a "multi" injector? Because for example with AppleHDA 1.8.3fc1 audio part doesn't work, so isn't it easer to replace a specific kext that has a problem instead of patching a "generic" kext?

The "multi-injector" is just a cool trick. It's clean - everything is in one place, it takes up less space and probably loads some milliseconds faster too. Functionally, there's no difference.

At first you're saying that audio works like before but then you say that it doesn't? Do you mean it works with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA but not with the Mac Pro-update AppleHDA? And what do you mean by "generic" kext?

Did you do the IRQ fixes in DSDT? Look here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564

Unless you need hotplugging or hardware RAID to work, you don't need any cosmetic fixes or anything else (DSDT) for ICH10R when injecting it as ESB2. Look at the plist again. I'm guessing you had some kind of conflict with some other fix you're using.

The "multi-injector" is just a cool trick. It's clean - everything is in one place, it takes up less space and probably loads some milliseconds faster too. Functionally, there's no difference.

At first you're saying that audio works like before but then you say that it doesn't? Do you mean it works with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA but not with the Mac Pro-update AppleHDA? And what do you mean by "generic" kext?

Exactly Beerkex'd, audio works the same as before, using your DSDT HPET section, what I was trying to say is that when AppleHDA is updated by Mac Pro audio update it stops working the same way as ussing "my" old HPET code I had, sorry of the confusion, It was wort a try to see if this would work with the updated AppleHDA.kext.

Yes, I have IRQ fixes on my DSDT. You mean that with that multi-injector injecting ICH10R as ESB2 enables hotplugging and hardware RAID? and without it those 2 things wont work?

You mean HDEF, not HPET..

You mean that with that multi-injector injecting ICH10R as ESB2 enables hotplugging and hardware RAID? and without it those 2 things wont work?

lol, no just the opposite, read again..

When drives get orange icons on OS X it's because they're recognized as 'external' drives. External drives = hot-pluggable.

The only way that I know of to keep hotplugging ('eject' a hard drive in Disk Utility) is to use THe KiNG's OrangeIconFix.kext (or incorporate it in your multi-combi-kext). All it does is change the icons that are used to the grey "internal" ones, it doesn't change anything else.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=455

lol, no just the opposite, read again..

When drives get orange icons on OS X it's because they're recognized as 'external' drives. External drives = hot-pluggable.

The only way that I know of to keep hotplugging ('eject' a hard drive in Disk Utility) is to use THe KiNG's OrangeIconFix.kext (or incorporate it in your multi-combi-kext). All it does is change the icons that are used to the grey "internal" ones, it doesn't change anything else.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=455

Haha thanks Beerkex'd, I understand now. :P

Yep one of the many joys of this hobby is that there are several ways to do the same thing. I'll try anything at least once ;)

If you discover how to get the new Mac Pro AppleHDA working or anything about what's wrong with it, please post info or a link here.

/EDIT

Yep, 10.6.3 has the new AppleHDA and it broke my AD2000B sound.

/EDIT

Fixed:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1437100

Hi there,

first i want to thank all the people giving help to the ad2000b problem. i tried every option i found here - but nothing works for me :)

may be - because i don´t have found a "newbie" step by step guide.

so i can´t get the sound running. my hardware is listed below. :cry:

i only see this in system profiler

sound.jpg

can anyone help to find a solution?

please be patient with me because my english isn´t good and i´m a noob in "hackintosh-ing" :)

Thank you very much in advance

p.s a step by step guido would be the greatest gift for me :)

P.P.S i have a fresh installed SL 10.6.2 (Hazard) with no sound selection within the installation - i tried every one in the installation customize screen step by step - nothing worked.

Hardwareconfig

Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7 920, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)

Grafics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640MB)

Ethernet: Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller

HDD: SAMSUNG HD322HJ ATA Device (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Sound: Analog Devices AD2000B @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio

RAM: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1600C8 1333MhZ (x3)

Thanks KariNeko.

I´ll try it as soon as i´m back from work. :)

Hopefully this also works with a running Win7 installation, which is installed in Partition 1 (win7 system reserved) and partition 2 (system itselfs). SL is on partition 3 ;)

I´ll give a feedback if i can get it to run :D

Have a nice day

EDIT:

Nice - that guide helped me out - but it´s not possible to do a dualboot :/ Maybe i find a guide to get win7 as a second install . because in the SL-Retail-Guide you have to choose GPT

Did you just reinstall an OS and lost the ability to boot another because your sound didn't work? Don't do that again ;)

Does your sound work now? If not, everything you need is available in this thread.

If you've updated to 10.6.3 you need a binary patched AppleHDA executable. This goes inside AppleHDA.kext, replacing the one that's there. See link above.

You can use DSDTSE (google it) to insert the HDEF code from post #87 into your DSDT table.

Thanks Beerkex'd, I replied you on the other thread before. :)

Thanks again for the bin hacked mod.

No problem Kari, I'm glad it's useful.

I can't really take credit for it, just following instructions given by THe KiNG.