• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

gary88

gary88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Hi, i have the same problem as thomas, and the same config... what system do you have gary? 10.5.5, 10.5.6? what kernel are you running?

Hi M.J I have two systems, the first is a retail 10.5.6 with boot 132 method, and the second is a patched 10.5.6 on kalywell basis.

Both systems are running without problems, I have no shutdown issue, maybe it is a bios configuration problem, I don´t know,

the only issue I have is that I can´t boot the applehda.kext from usb stick...

Greetings !

Gary

M J

M J

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Hi Gary,
did you put the kext in the boot 132 disc or in the system folder? Do you have any other audio-related kext in the disc? Are you running vanilla kernel?

Trying to understand why we get different results... Also, what does your System Profiler tell you about audio?

Thanks!

gary88

gary88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Hi Gary,
did you put the kext in the boot 132 disc or in the system folder? Do you have any other audio-related kext in the disc? Are you running vanilla kernel?

Trying to understand why we get different results... Also, what does your System Profiler tell you about audio?

Thanks!

Hi the applehda.kext must be installed in the Sytem/Library/Extensions of your system, not in the boot 132 disk!

I have no other audio related kexts in the extensions folder no azalia, no hdaenabler (cause it is integrated in the applehda.kext

I´m running a vanilla kernel system 10.5.6

System Profiler shows:
Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10438311
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:
Headphone:
Connection: 1/8 inch Jack
Line Out:
S/P-DIF Out:
Connection: Optical
Microphone:

Bye !

Gary

M J

M J

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Hi the applehda.kext must be installed in the Sytem/Library/Extensions of your system, not in the boot 132 disk!

That's probably it! Will try it tomorrow...

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi sorry to bump this thread, but I'm also having the issue of AppleHDA causing a kernel panic when rebooting or shutting down. Is there a fix for this yet?

Marclh

Marclh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
For stopping a kernel panic on restart, use OpenHaltRestart.kext from the psystar site. Shutdown kernel panics I still don't know how to fix, I'm having the same problem.

M J

M J

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Hi sorry to bump this thread, but I'm also having the issue of AppleHDA causing a kernel panic when rebooting or shutting down. Is there a fix for this yet?

post a screenshot of the KP so we/somebody can help you :)

Marclh

Marclh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
A driver releasing AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry blah blah blah

BSD process responding to current thread kernel_task.

Motherboard M3A79-T Voodoo kernel iDeneb 10.5.4

Sorry about the bad image quality, there were no lights on in the room.

Attached Files

david_osx

david_osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi Gary!

THanks for your great work and taruga's!!

I have maximus II formula with AD2000B and tried your applehda.kext yesterday and had bad luck unfortunately :thumbsup_anim: I have used AppleAzaliaAudio.kext before and had HD output sound only.

Well your kext works great but half way though and I can't use mute anymore and I hope you can help me out with these issue I have posted on a screenshot.

I have erase appleazalia.kext and evan the orginal applehda.kext and installed yours but unfortunately no mic works and no mute :( I had mute before along with appleazalia.kext..

http://img13.imagesh...00bproblems.png

my system is 10.5.6 vanilla 9.6

Looking forward for legacy kext or any solution for my issue dude..

Thanks!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I noticed a very strange thing in system profiler: I have two audio devices when I install the kext, and none when it's not installed (however, audio works):
Image 1
Image 2
Could this be the cause of the kernel panic?

Marclh

Marclh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
No, it is not a kernel panic, but my PC shows both of those options I'm not sure why.

brookeh

brookeh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Any one else getting kextd crashes on startup with this kext? (Running on chameleon going to test Boot 1-3-2)

M J

M J

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Gary, great work! I installed it in the system folder and it worked. It's great to have both front panel headphones out AND back panel line out, and being able to switch between the two from the system preferences!

I experience a kernel panic every time I shutdown the computer IF I have previously put it in STOP. I think these kind of KPshave to do with the voodoo kernel, do you think you could look for a solution?

Attached File  IMG_0026.JPG   489.28KB   53 downloads

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

post a screenshot of the KP so we/somebody can help you :)

My kernel panic is the same as Marc below. It says that "a driver releasing a(n) AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry \n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.9.59/libkern/C++/OSobject.cpp:241"

I don't know if that helps diagnose why the kext is causing the panic or not, but I would really appreciate a solution if someone could work one out. I was until now using a modified AppleAzalia but had other problems with that, so switched to AppleHDA but now get the kernel panic when shutting down.

fighterhawk

fighterhawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
So do the front panel ports work as well on the p5q deluxe (hdaudio connected not ac97) ? I haven't installed osx yet waiting for 10.5.7 since it will support my ati 4850hd flawlessly :unsure:

Marclh

Marclh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Yes, front panel audio should work.

fighterhawk

fighterhawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok i installed osx retail 10.5.6 and the audio works from the front panel but not the back. also i am getting kernel panics any solution for this?

Attached File  kernel.jpg   78.26KB   37 downloads

irenasantor

irenasantor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
works perfectly on p5q3 deluxe, ipc 10.5.6 ppf5.

thanks!

fighterhawk

fighterhawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
@Gary88 since your also using the ASUS p5Q deluxe can you post which BIOS version your using and the settings?

I installed 2001 modified and have a Q6600 core 2 duo with 4GB DDR2 RAM.

Installed 10.5.6 retail following instructions on this thread:
MAC OS X Retail on ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO /P5Q-EM /P5Q-VM AND OTHERS

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Sorry, just gotta bump this again. Any solutions being working on for the kernel panics on shutdown? I really don't wanna have to go back to Azalia with no digital out or microphone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy