ADI AD2000b works with applehda

gary88

117 posts in this topic

Hello,

after some days of work, I got the adi ad 2000b audio codec (it is the same as ad1989b) to run.

Thanks goes to taruga, who made the ad1988b installer. I modified it and with luck now we have a solution for ad2000b

This is for asus p5q deluxe and some other asus boards (ASUS P5Q3, ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe, P6T Deluxe, ASUS Maximus II Formula, and more)

Please download the applehda.kext here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vmndmzni5z4

Install with kexthelper on your system, link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzngetntjyj

Don´t forget to erase appleazalia.kext from the extensions folder, if you had the azalia solution before. You don´t need a seperate hdaenabler.kext, it is now in the plugin folder of applehda.kext

I hope you have a running ad 2000b with:

-Internal Microphone in

-Line out

-Headphones out

-Digital out

The kext was tested on an asus p5q deluxe board with vanilla 10.5.6 system, sleep mode works, shutdown works too.

Maybe some day we have more inputs (digital in, line in) but I´m happy that we now have an applehda solution, which is working perfectly from a boot 132 stick (tested)

or with chameleon method. Please post your results..

Greetings,

Gary

PS: in the next days I will post the legacy kexts for ad 2000b and maybe there is somebody, who can make a installer for it..

Download Alternative:

AppleHDA_AD2000b.zip

Kext_Helper_b7_1.zip

• Like 1

Hey,

I have a M3A79-T Deluxe motherboard w/ ad2000b audio and i haven't been able to get this to work... any suggestions? I used the kexthelper and it rebooted properly... no error messages, just no sound. There are no devices found in the system manager under the sound "out-put" and "in-put" tabs.

Before trying this "applehda" kext I used the "Taruga Ad1988b rev3" kext... and i am not sure on how to go about deleting this

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey,

I have a M3A79-T Deluxe motherboard w/ ad2000b audio and i haven't been able to get this to work... any suggestions? I used the kexthelper and it rebooted properly... no error messages, just no sound. There are no devices found in the system manager under the sound "out-put" and "in-put" tabs.

Before trying this "applehda" kext I used the "Taruga Ad1988b rev3" kext... and i am not sure on how to go about deleting this

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello,

I would try to delete the applehda.kext in your extensions folder

then you should look if there is an hdaenabler.kext in your extensions folder, if you find it just delete it too,

at last I would look for alcinject.kext, and appleazalia.kext This must be deleted too.

Now where everything is clean you install the applehda.kext from me again. you can repair userrights..it should work now

Much luck,

Bye !

Gary

Hey Gary,

thanks for the quick reply!

I searched through the extensions folder a few times now and the only kext I found was the "applehda"

No alcinject - appleazalia - or hdaenabler...

I did find AppleFWaudio - apple02audio - AppleOnBoardAudio - AppleUSBAudio - AudioDeviceTreeUpdater - AudioIPCDriver - VirtualAudioDriver

I know for a fact that i installed the ad1988b kext but i can't find it anywhere... is there any other place it could be besides the extension folder?

Thanks again!

Hey Gary,

thanks for the quick reply!

I searched through the extensions folder a few times now and the only kext I found was the "applehda"

No alcinject - appleazalia - or hdaenabler...

I did find AppleFWaudio - apple02audio - AppleOnBoardAudio - AppleUSBAudio - AudioDeviceTreeUpdater - AudioIPCDriver - VirtualAudioDriver

I know for a fact that i installed the ad1988b kext but i can't find it anywhere... is there any other place it could be besides the extension folder?

Thanks again!

No, I think not, your old 1988b kext is in a patch in your "old" applehda.kext

But one thing I forgot....In your System/Library/ is a file called "Extensions.mkext" You should erase this file, it maybe

the reason why your new applehda.kext did not load correctly..

Have a look at your system profiler-what can you see under "Audio" ?

Much luck again !

Greetings,

Gary

hi gary..

it works..

only internal microphone "the selected device has no input controls"

is this for rear microphone or front panel microphone?

do i have to plugin the microphone first?

same for digital out, "the selected device has no input controls" too. Is this normal? coz i only use 2.1 speakers plug into green line-out

good job..

ps : mb is maximus ii formula

hi gary..

it works..

only internal microphone "the selected device has no input controls"

is this for rear microphone or front panel microphone?

do i have to plugin the microphone first?

same for digital out, "the selected device has no input controls" too. Is this normal? coz i only use 2.1 speakers plug into green line-out

good job..

ps : mb is maximus ii formula

Hi cipz ,

yes this is normal, it´s not so easy to get this controls to work. Maybe I can work on it in the next weeks, legacy driver are a problem too,

cause the ad2000 driver doesn´t work with fake plists- but we will see....thing are going further !

Bye,

Gary

Here is the installer for your ADI AD2000b.

Hi Lugmor, thank you very much for the installer..great work !

I try to get the legacy kexts of ad2000b to work, but with no success yet.

The problem is that "applehda" binaries are patched, not only the plists. But I´m working on it .

Best !

Gary

Hi Lugmor, thank you very much for the installer..great work !

I try to get the legacy kexts of ad2000b to work, but with no success yet.

The problem is that "applehda" binaries are patched, not only the plists. But I´m working on it .

Best !

Gary

go for it gary! :D

Hey Gary,

I decided to upgrade to 10.5.6 the other day and the update went perfectly, but i lost my audio :(

I used the voodoo kernal with seatbelt fix if this matters...

I have cleaned up my extensions folder and reinstalled "hdaenabler" and "applehda"

In my system contents under audio I can see the following...

"Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10438288

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices: "

But under system management/sound no "output" or "input" devices are shown...

I have also tried to use the installer and it locks up on me after i press "continue" on the first page.

I would be grateful for any help!

Thanks! :)

Hey Gary,

I decided to upgrade to 10.5.6 the other day and the update went perfectly, but i lost my audio :(

I used the voodoo kernal with seatbelt fix if this matters...

I have cleaned up my extensions folder and reinstalled "hdaenabler" and "applehda"

In my system contents under audio I can see the following...

"Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10438288

Available Devices: "

But under system management/sound no "output" or "input" devices are shown...

I have also tried to use the installer and it locks up on me after i press "continue" on the first page.

I would be grateful for any help!

Thanks! :D

Hi Thomas,

just delete hdaenabler, you don´t need it. it is in the applehda plugin folder, maybe this is the reason,

an there should be no appleazalia.kext in your extensions folder...Good luck,

if this don´t work, delete the original applehda from extensionsfolder, and then reinstall with the ad2000b installer..

Gary !

Hi, i have the same problem as thomas, and the same config... what system do you have gary? 10.5.5, 10.5.6? what kernel are you running?

Hi M.J I have two systems, the first is a retail 10.5.6 with boot 132 method, and the second is a patched 10.5.6 on kalywell basis.

Both systems are running without problems, I have no shutdown issue, maybe it is a bios configuration problem, I don´t know,

the only issue I have is that I can´t boot the applehda.kext from usb stick...

Greetings !

Gary

Hi Gary,

did you put the kext in the boot 132 disc or in the system folder? Do you have any other audio-related kext in the disc? Are you running vanilla kernel?

Trying to understand why we get different results... Also, what does your System Profiler tell you about audio?

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

did you put the kext in the boot 132 disc or in the system folder? Do you have any other audio-related kext in the disc? Are you running vanilla kernel?

Trying to understand why we get different results... Also, what does your System Profiler tell you about audio?

Thanks!

Hi the applehda.kext must be installed in the Sytem/Library/Extensions of your system, not in the boot 132 disk!

I have no other audio related kexts in the extensions folder no azalia, no hdaenabler (cause it is integrated in the applehda.kext

I´m running a vanilla kernel system 10.5.6

System Profiler shows:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10438311

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Line Out:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

Microphone:

Bye !

Gary

Hi the applehda.kext must be installed in the Sytem/Library/Extensions of your system, not in the boot 132 disk!

That's probably it! Will try it tomorrow...