Sucesses with JaS 10.4.6...

theSpam

123 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new and found this install dvd a few days ago, trying to install on a SATA. Is this possible???

also saw "Note to nForce / VIA SATA / PATA users should select the VIA package in the installer." as a note with the torrent on TPB but how can I select this???

specs: Pentium 4 630 asus nForce4

Thanks in advance...

Guest goodtime

<< I'm new and found this install dvd a few days ago, trying to install on a SATA. Is this possible??? >>

Yes.

The VIA SATA / PATA is if you are installing from this, I believe. You can turn this on with the Mac OS X GUI Installer (your machine from the JaS 10.4.6 DVD.) Go to custom, and select your 10.4.6 options such as SSE3 and or SSE2, Combo 10.4.6 update etc. The installer is pretty simple. It's by far the easiest OSx86 installation to date.

Edit: SATA / PATA option is if you are installing from a ATA / SATA / PATA drive.

Most people will install from a DVD.

<< I'm new and found this install dvd a few days ago, trying to install on a SATA. Is this possible??? >>

Yes.

The VIA SATA / PATA .............install from a DVD.

I would if I could see this option, the only thing my screen shows is the following:

- on startup I get the option [Press any key] darwin x86 startup

[F8] extra options

then I get a

- white screen with a nice apple foor about 5 minutes

following by a lightblue screen for 3 minutes

then the mac osx installer appears with:

- language settings

- introduction

- license

- select destination (where no disks appear, because no notice of SATA drives)

then on top of the screen theres a apple taskbar where I'll find:

- installer

- file

- edit

- window

- utilities - startupdisk

- reset password

- disk utility

- terminal

- system profile

- network...

So there are no options on my screen where I can change anything.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong or is it anything else???

Hey guys,

Most of the posts in this thread are by people who have a working install of this ISO on Intel systems. So, where have the guys with AMD systems gone?

A side note: I have finished downloading JaS' 10.4.6, so I'll probably get the PPF out by this weekend. :)

After two days of struggling with Myzar's V3 Update, don't get me wrong the install process for Myzar's was a no brainer, I suppose I had some funky stuff with my 10.4.5 install it was always hanging and other misteries that I couldn't explain even if I knew what they were.

I just didn't want to loose the countless applications and hours I had installed, but I simply broke down purchased an external USB 2.0 drive, backed up all my photos, music etc etc. Flatlined the boot drive and started a-fresh with JaS's Install DVD - Flawless!!!! Thanks JaS as if you've not heard enough praise coming from the little people. He he.

Oooh I did however have a couple of post installation issues but I read alot of the 10.4.6 posts here and figured it was par for the course, example:

Sound Driver weren't loading: Copied the 10.4.5 AC97 Audio drivers applied permissios root:wheel

and Voila! Sound.

Keyboard would not allow

typing after wake-up from screen saver: Turn off software based power mgmt. options.

Now Aperture 1.1 works without a problem, no lockups, no popping sounds after screen safer wake up.

The only outstanding issue I have is the darn mouse tearing on my ATI 9600 Pro (256meg. AGP) video card. But I've just purchased an PNY Nvidia 6600 GT 256 Ram. card in hopes that NP_ finishes his MacVidia CI, QE drivers Woohooo!!! I like Nvidia better than ATI anyway.

Cheers,

I am working off of the 10.4.6 system right now and everything worked except for two things on my motherboard. Known Issues also BTW

1. Needed to change the deviceid for the 945 GCZ Lan

2. IntelHD Audio Sigmatel 9223 chip for sound which I cant get to work.

The only other issue for me is

I have a Pentium D 820 and in About this mac and system profiler it shows the processor and there is no indication of it sensing SSE3 on the chip which I know it has.

Question does this mean that the computer is slower because it is not sensing SSE3 or is it just an anomaly in System Profiler?

Otherwise everything on the board was sensed the first time Native Install of the 10.4.6 Install DVD Patched OSX86 Disc except for the Sigmatel 9223 Sound Chip and the Giga Ethernet which I patched with help from a kind member of the boards

Machine Specs

Pentium D 820 Comes up as 4ghz and 2 Processors but oh well

Intel Express BTX 945GCZ Motherboard

2X1gb Matched DDR2 667

80gb Seagate drive

950 GMA video with Refresh QE Etc without a problem

1394 Works Checking on SATA

SO NICE JOB its just Peachy, 23 Skidoo, the Cats Meow, Etc.

Although if anyone could tell me how to get the Multichannel sound on the Sigmatel 9223 to work I would be sure to add to your Karma wheel. I can get it to do Stereo using the switch of the kexts but would like multichannel. MY LORD I just want everything dont I ;-)

Ok hope this helps

Yes.

The VIA SATA / PATA is if you are installing from this, I believe. You can turn this on with the Mac OS X GUI Installer (your machine from the JaS 10.4.6 DVD.) Go to custom, and select your 10.4.6 options such as SSE3 and or SSE2, Combo 10.4.6 update etc. The installer is pretty simple. It's by far the easiest OSx86 installation to date.

Edit: SATA / PATA option is if you are installing from a ATA / SATA / PATA drive.

Most people will install from a DVD.

just before osx does the full install bit there is a customize button on the screen slightly to the left like any osx install

it has options of what to install.. like extra languages and fonts etc

it should have options like sse2 sse3 and maybe one relating to sata stuff

Hey guys,

Most of the posts in this thread are by people who have a working install of this ISO on Intel systems. So, where have the guys with AMD systems gone?

A side note: I have finished downloading JaS' 10.4.6, so I'll probably get the PPF out by this weekend. :hysterical:

AMD user here. Tried 3 versions of 10.4.6 ISO's (Myzar's, JaS's, and JaS's with his latest PPF). None work. Installation goes fine, but after the reboot I get a kernel panic. Back on 10.4.5 with no problems (well, if you don't count no sound :D ). System specs:

AMD X2 3800+

DFI Infinity RS482

2GB G.Skill GBHZ

Sapphire X800XL Ultimate

2x200GB WD HDs

post-33057-1145672019_thumb.jpg

AMD user here. Tried 3 versions of 10.4.6 ISO's (Myzar's, JaS's, and JaS's with his latest PPF). None work. Installation goes fine, but after the reboot I get a kernel panic. Back on 10.4.5 with no problems (well, if you don't count no sound :hysterical: ). System specs:

AMD X2 3800+

DFI Infinity RS482

2GB G.Skill GBHZ

Sapphire X800XL Ultimate

2x200GB WD HDs

did u read this post from jas ?

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...00entry100839

installed perfect first try 10.4.6 :star_smile:

My system

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe 875 chipset

P4 630 3.2GHz 512MB Cache HT Canterwood, 800Mhz

Asus X850XT Platinum Edition 256 MB AGP

Everything works , except the X850XT AGP card, just VGA-Compatible

The LAN port (a Intel 82547EI Gigabit controller) works.

USB & Firewire 400 Mb/sec work.

Thanks JaS you :angel:

Installed fine so far on Samsung X20 XVM II notebook (Intel integrated), following probs:

- integrated network (broadcom) doesn´t work (on 10.4.4 it did)

- wireless pcmcia cards (netgear wg511t, netgear ma511 and d-link dwl-g650+) don´t work

- no boot menu, i have a winxp installed on the same disc, 10.4.4 led me choose...

I'm a little farther along than yesterday. I can now get to what's supposed to be the boot screen. I can see the cursor and the wallpaper. But that's where it stays. Sometimes I get an error about an unreadable disk with the options "initialize, ignore, eject" but I can't click anything because it still locks up.

Maybe I'm installing an extra I don't need?

- 10.4.6 Combo update for AMD

- AMD SSE3

- SemJaZa decrypts (is this needed?)

- ATI ATA support

Hey, I just downloaded this, and after three days of downloading (curse my bad connection) I booted to it to find that it doesn't work. It just kind of freezes at the boot screen (the grey screen with the apple symbol and the loading icon). I tried booting in the debug mode (at least the mode that lets me see what's going in in the code, not sure what it's called) and it said that there was a "mach.init error" or something like that. Anyway, I have no idea what the problem is, my system specs are:

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 5500

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.80 Ghz. with HT

Motherboard: Intel D865GLC

Company: Custom Build

RAM: 512 MB

Wireless Adapter: Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter

DVD-ROM reader: LG (not sure exact number)

DVD-RAM/ROM burner: LG (not sure exact number)

Sound Card: Built into the Mobo

HDD: Dual Hard Drive Disks, both 80 gb at 7200 RPM each

Thank in advance if you can help.

Yup. The last of the 3 versions I listed is the JaS install + that PPF. Same kernel panic.

try using the sse2 kernel that should fix the issue

Hey, I just downloaded this, and after three days of downloading (curse my bad connection) I booted to it to find that it doesn't work. It just kind of freezes at the boot screen (the grey screen with the apple symbol and the loading icon). I tried booting in the debug mode (at least the mode that lets me see what's going in in the code, not sure what it's called) and it said that there was a "mach.init error" or something like that. Anyway, I have no idea what the problem is, my system specs are:

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 5500

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.80 Ghz. with HT

Motherboard: Intel D865GLC

Company: Custom Build

RAM: 512 MB

Wireless Adapter: Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter

DVD-ROM reader: LG (not sure exact number)

DVD-RAM/ROM burner: LG (not sure exact number)

Sound Card: Built into the Mobo

HDD: Dual Hard Drive Disks, both 80 gb at 7200 RPM each

Thank in advance if you can help.

try disabling htt in your bios

No go, I went into bios and disabled Hyper Threading, BUT I still get an error. I transcribed them this time. The following errors were encountered when I used -v to boot:

SAM Multimedia Read/Write error

Disk2s3: I/O error

Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errorno 5

(there were lines of code in between, but those are the main problems I think, the lines of code repeated 3 or 4 times before the final errors showed up)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If I would have to download/customize with any patches, I don't know where to get them/how to apply them if they are already there. Help plz?

- no boot menu, i have a winxp installed on the same disc, 10.4.4 led me choose...

Try to press F8 during the "cursor animation", it works for me.

There a way to show again that useful "boot menu"... i think yes by some darwin command but i don't know how...

Just curious, but is there any real solution to my problem? If not, it really doesn't matter (I'm dead set on buying one of the new MacBook Pros this July), but I'd wanted to be able to get a feel for the OS before I bought one.

Try booting into Windows and see if the 1st Partition on your USB Hard Disk is an EFI Boot Partition. If it is, you can clear that partition using DISKPART command in Windows. Reformat your disk using the 10.4.3 Patched DVD which does not install EFI Partitions when formating hard disks.

Who was your new installation installed? Apple System Restore or installed from the DVD? Did you initialize your USB Drive using 10.4.6's Disk?

Sorry I missed your post, I had to buy an aftermarket Belkin one. F5D7050 was the model numbers, all it requires is the raillink drivers listed in the Wiki. Works great.

No go, I went into bios and disabled Hyper Threading, BUT I still get an error. I transcribed them this time. The following errors were encountered when I used -v to boot:

SAM Multimedia Read/Write error

Disk2s3: I/O error

Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errorno 5

(there were lines of code in between, but those are the main problems I think, the lines of code repeated 3 or 4 times before the final errors showed up)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If I would have to download/customize with any patches, I don't know where to get them/how to apply them if they are already there. Help plz?

Sam multimedia error? have you searched the forums for the 1000's of times this has been asked and answered? lol

this error is a bad burn or bad dvd media.Try burnning it slower or on a different brand of dvd+-r or dvd+rw