Sucesses with JaS 10.4.6...

theSpam

123 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

If you have used the JaS DVD to perform a working install of 10.4.6, please reply to this thread and state whether your machine is Intel or AMD based and which options you used.

I am asking for this since I am thinking of creating a PPF patch that will update Myzar's 10.4.5 to Jas' 10.4.6 if a similar patch is not released soon.

Thanks, theSpam :)

I just finished a clean install of JaS 10.4.6 on my machine (see sig). Used all the appropriate options SSE2, +GMA900, +wireless drivers (still no wireless but don't want to hack the bios), delete extra languages/printer drivers.

Bloody fantastic install, my sound/mouse/trackpad/bluetooth all work on first boot now, zero kext-failures. never had that before, not even with the 10.4.6 upgrades (always had to re-load all my kexts).

Except for having to jump-start my machine with an external monitor, I'm getting close to 100% compatibility.

I just installed Jas' Mac OS X 10.4.6 (TPB : 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso) on a partition. After setup finished (custom setup with patches) the bootloader only shows the Install DVD, not the the partition with Mac OS X on it. Any help to get it working?

I just installed Jas' Mac OS X 10.4.6 (TPB : 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso) on a partition. After setup finished (custom setup with patches) the bootloader only shows the Install DVD, not the the partition with Mac OS X on it. Any help to get it working?

did you take the DVD out? (sorry if that seems obvious, but needs to be asked)

Guest goodtime

<< Just a question. Can I install the 10.4.6 patch (of Myzar or JaS ) on a running 10.4.5 osX patched by Maxxuss? >>

Yes. Just Install and upgrade your 10.4.5 install using the Patched JaS DvD. You must install the patched Combo 10.4.6 Update.

Working great:

MOBO Intel i915GUX

CPU Intel Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz, Multi Threaded (acts like it has 2 cores)

RAM 1 GB

3 SATA HDs 80 GB, 230 GB, 230 GB.

VIDEO GMA 900 working QE, CI, DVD Playback (used GMA900 drivers from JaS after rectangle problem from my filename GMA hack)

LG Mutli DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/Dual Layer ( works out of the box and vendor supported with http://patchburn.de )

1000BaseT Yukon (use Yukon IONetworking plugin driver from previous working system.)

10/100 BaseT NetGear Card for Internet (works out of the box).

SSE3 Patches

Using Mach_Kernel from 10.4.6 JaS DVD

jMac

GT

5.1 Surround Sound works with my USB Audio Card.

Installed USB SoundBlaster pkg from JaS 10.4.6 DVD

First time ever! :D Not a big deal for me, but it's nice to have it Match my Dual G5 capabilities.

<< Just a question. Can I install the 10.4.6 patch (of Myzar or JaS ) on a running 10.4.5 osX patched by Maxxuss? >>

Yes. Just Install and upgrade your 10.4.5 install using the Patched JaS DvD. You must install the patched Combo 10.4.6 Update.

Working great:

MOBO Intel i915GUX

CPU Intel Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz, Multi Threaded (acts like it has 2 cores)

RAM 1 GB

3 SATA HDs 80 GB, 230 GB, 230 GB.

VIDEO GMA 900 working QE, CI, DVD Playback (used GMA900 drivers from JaS after rectangle problem from my filename GMA hack)

LG Mutli DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/Dual Layer ( works out of the box and vendor supported with http://patchburn.de )

1000BaseT Yukon (use Yukon IONetworking plugin driver from previous working system.)

10/100 BaseT NetGear Card for Internet (works out of the box).

SSE3 Patches

Using Mach_Kernel from 10.4.6 JaS DVD

jMac

GT

5.1 Surround Sound works with my USB Audio Card.

Installed USB SoundBlaster pkg from JaS 10.4.6 DVD

First time ever! :) Not a big deal for me, but it's nice to have it Match my Dual G5 capabilities.

THX!

Guest goodtime

Just to to be, I am using the default Mach-Kernel that automatically JaS DVD Installs using the Patched Combo 10.4.6 update.

Be sure to backup your old System/LibraryExtensions folder, just incase a USB, Soundcard, Video or Networking driver does not load correctly; you can try uses a previously working driver. IE AppleYukon.kext.

GT

I've a curious issue with this new installation, until now i have been using with success a external USB hard disk to install OS X, but using this reelease, it doesn't boot... it's curious because if i keep the dvd inserted, i can boot from external HDD... can anybody help me with this? how can i repair the boot of the external disc??

.:Fido:.

Guest goodtime

Try booting into Windows and see if the 1st Partition on your USB Hard Disk is an EFI Boot Partition. If it is, you can clear that partition using DISKPART command in Windows. Reformat your disk using the 10.4.3 Patched DVD which does not install EFI Partitions when formating hard disks.

Who was your new installation installed? Apple System Restore or installed from the DVD? Did you initialize your USB Drive using 10.4.6's Disk?

How can i check from windows that it's a EFI partition? What in the hell is that?? :P I used the jas DVD patched install 10.4.6; using the os x installer i erased the USB disk and make two partitions, one with 10Gb for OS X system, and other with 30 Gb in FAT32 format... Can i make OS X bootable without reinstalling???

Just installed on a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO M7400 - Centrino 1.6ghz - 738Mb of RAM

Work:

Firewire

USB (Mouse and other pher.)

AC97 Sound card (even if is not found)

Video card intel 82852/82855 (i'm not sure if is recognised but work at 1024x768 32bit)

Broadcom 440x Lan card

Not work:

Intel PRO/wireless 2100 3B Mini (that is the only one i need!!!)

Video card intel 82852/82855 (i'm not sure if is recognised but work at 1024x768 32bit)

The only problem i had is that the darwin dual boot don't work anymore... the message with the countdown is disappared!!! Any suggestion??

Pukos

Guest goodtime

If you can boot into Windows, right click on My Computer. Go to Manage. Then go to Storage, Computer Management. Attached are Screenshots from Window 2003, but should be available on Windows XP.

There are you can check for an EFI Partition. If there is one there, you BIOS computer cannot boot from that Hard drive.

You can also run command: diskpart from the run command and use the DISKPART command line utility in Windows.

This may or may not be your problem with booting from an USB Hard disk. I personally have not booted from a USB Drive, but I have run into the EFI Partition problem when erasing a disk using Apple's Disk Utility in 10.4.5.

Goodtime

Correction: Storage -> Disk Manangement

post-22137-1145535672_thumb.png

post-22137-1145535687_thumb.png

Guest goodtime

Yes.

I updated to 10.4.6 from 10.4.3 and 10.4.5 . 10.4.4 to 10.4.6 with JaS DVD should be doable.

Pukos,

Try this:

1. Boot up from a Patched 10.4.3 DVD.

2. Erase your USB Hard disk using 10.4.3's Disk Utility.

3. Install 10.4.3

4. Make sure 10.4.3 installation is bootable, if success. Reboot from 10.4.6 JaS DVD.

5. Install 10.4.6 on top of your 10.4.3 installation (don't erase the 10.4.3, just do an upgrade.)

6. See if your USB Drive can boot 10.4.6.

Goodtime

p.s. If that does not work, I would recommend re-partitioining your Windows Hard disk into 2 separate partitions for Mac and Windows.

JaS 10.4.6 DVD, working fine here.

Intel P4 1.6, 512mb, Intel i845G board, Geforce2 MX400 using MacVidia drivers, 10/100 Realtek card, onboard audio working fine.

I used an SSE2 patch and it seems alright. Slowdown due to no 2D accellaration but thats coming soon! :)

Guest goodtime

How do you like the MacVidia drivers?

I have been thinking about taking an old PC at work and putting 10.4.6 on it. It has a GeForce 4 MX AGP card inside it.

Goodtime

To me, 10.4.6 on Intel seems a little faster. 10.4.6 also has better Burn Folder support (it can make a Mac / Windows Compatible data CD/DVD) without the need for third party burn software.

great guys keep the feedback coming,also if your having boot issues i have released a ppf to fix that for some users,also fixed the need to run the amd enabler after boot and added ATI ATA support here is the diesription for the torent

!!!!!READ THIS !!!!!!!

If you have AMD and dont want to run the amd enabler after the install , Have a ATI ATA Controller or got the b0 error when installing this iso please get this ppf and add it to the iso before you burn it

so if your having this issues please get this ppf and apply it to the JaS 10.4.6 install dvd