ISLAM - general & cartoons

Mebster

132 posts in this topic

christian, muslim, budist, tom cruise & scientology all garbage. Who have time for all this bullcrap. I'm trying to set up this dual boot for weeks now and I still need more time.

That's not a very nice way of voicing your disbelief. Don't troll. Be happy. ;)

I love how they are going aginst their beliefs and teachings of Islam with all the peafulness and what not. Yet they are vigilant to prove they are indeed peaceful.

One of my friends at school even said how damn stupid they are.

I will unsubscribe from this topic becaused I'm loosing my time.

The final words are:

History is always showing the progress governed by the political system.

NOW, if you look at the one country's economy and the people are poor then they are

ussualy managed by bad leadership who have their base on fake beliefs like:

arab world - religion, comunists - utopic equality, natzy & royality - shizofrenic superiority and so on.

The problem are just FEW people that leads in the wrong direction. They look invincible from the

Unfortunately is nothing we can do in short term because of the human nature. Only time is the cure to progress.

lol

This guy is a retard looooool

:D:hysterical::hysterical:

You've actually gone to the effort of mixing my words with yours and attempting to make it look as though it's all mine. It’s really sad that you have to resort to deception. :( Especially on a simple forum topic. Who's the retard?

Bad leading does lead to a poor country and uncivilised country. However not all Arab countries are poor and uncivilised. Many are incredibly rich as you should know. Where do you think most of the world oil comes from? And you don’t need democracy to be civilised.

Arab countries may be stated as Muslim countries but they do not govern themselves according to the Islamic principles and teachings as they should, they way they used to. Most do not go according to the sharia, the system which governs Islamic Law. Sharia is what protects the individual and the society... not the government. It is what sentences criminals but also is what gives women their religious and social rights (something only recently given in the west after much struggle).

'All Men Are Created Equal' in the US constitution is a bunch of bull. We all know it means 'All White Men Are Created Equal'. Islam 1400 years ago didn't differentiate from blacks and whites. Your colour means nothing to Allah. It’s how you lead your live that is important.

The decline of Arab nations is directly related to their desire to westernise and forget their values. Saudi Arabia comes the closest as far as I understand to being an Islamic state. But it allows the consumption of alcohol (in private and discretely) which it should not as this is going against the teachings of Islam. It is not simple enough to say that this state is an Islamic state. The mechanism must be enforced so that it runs the way it must to qualify fully as an Islamic state. Only then will the Arab (and the rest of the) world come out of the problems they currently face.

"Only time is the cure to progress" - Islam will rule the world before the world comes to an end. This is an Islamic believe of all Muslims. Not my ignorant view. So I guess it is the cure.

I love how they are going aginst their beliefs and teachings of Islam with all the peafulness and what not. Yet they are vigilant to prove they are indeed peaceful.

One of my friends at school even said how damn stupid they are.

I'm not fully sure what you're trying to saying but I wouldn't take the opinion of a school friend too seriously. After all he might come back tomorrow and tell you aliens impregnated him.

Maybe if you rephrase it, that would help.

AcePlayer - I might recommend that you change your signature.

Islam, deadly flying objects, and bullets probably aren't ideas that, when mixed together, are going to help your rhetorical case any. :)

Just a thought from someone that wants to keep this discussion going.

Islam will rule the world before the world comes to an end. This is an Islam believe of all Muslims. Not my ignorant view. So I guess it is the cure.

Have you ever considered droping Islam to become a Borg? :)

cubesfinal6404nl.jpg

I do not think the Danish newspapers crossed the line. I wouldn't mind if it was about Jesus or any other relegious person/thing.

But, I do think the muslims crossed the line burning down the Danish embassies. I mean; I would totaly agree with the muslims if they would all condamn the drawings and have PEACEFULLY demonstrations. It is everyones right to show their opinion.

Unfortenately, they had to use violence (I believe even some people got killed!). Do you think if the newspapers show the same drawings with Jesus, christians will burn down the Danish embassies in other christian countries (Denmark is Protestant btw)?

This is my main concern; in my view, muslims have to use excessive violence while they can achieve much more in a peaceful way.

Please try to prove me wrong, I am always open to learn something new...

PS; I am Danish

I think that it is just a cartoon and people should treat it as such, its not like a news cast, its fake and supposed to be funny, weather or not it is is your opinion but i thing personially that if it offends you you should not be reading/watching that cartoon.

max

I do not think the Danish newspapers crossed the line. I wouldn't mind if it was about Jesus or any other relegious person/thing.

It is completely right for them to show the Mohammed things. Just because one group forbids it doesn't mean the other billions and billions of people in the world have to follow suit.

It is completely right for them to show the Mohammed things. Just because one group forbids it doesn't mean the other billions and billions of people in the world have to follow suit.

I agree. I'm quite offended by the religious bs, but I'm not out complaining every time I have to hear about it.

Hi drib, I got tied down fighting some {censored} on the Israel and Palestine topic. Sorry.

You statement and question is one that has been brought out many times. On this topic, another one and also in the media. It’s an extremely important one and so I will try my best to answer it. As this has been answered previously by others (non-Muslims) and myself quite well already, I think it is best I give you extracts of those posts.

For Muslims, respect and love for the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ALWAYS comes first. He is held at higher esteem than those closest to us; our mothers, our fathers, our own children. Why attack such a person held so dear to 1.6 billion Muslims and anger them ‘all’ in the name of freedom of speech? In that case surely we have the right to practice our freedom of expression by condemning the nation/people and burning their flags. I couldn't care less if you were burning my countries flag. As long as you weren’t burning my country. Flags can be bought, buildings rebuilt but mending an already weak relationship is difficult.

Also do not forget that the cartoon is not just an insult to our prophet but an insult to all Muslims who try to live their lives the way prophet Muhammed (S.A.V.) did and who see him as a role model. If he is insulted as being a terrorist, it will inevitably offend millions of people who try to practise his teachings and follow the example that he has set. It is almost as bad as tagging all Muslims as terrorists, or even worse it can be just as bad accusing Islam of being the religion of terror which in itself couldn't have been any more far fetched from the reality of Islam.

Freedom of speech/expression should not be practised "free of thought" IMHO, which is exactly what this pathetic so called artist did. We Muslims in general respect Jesus/Moses (pbuh) and accept them as prophets of Allah therefore wouldn't tolerate any offensive opinions (cartoons etc...) about them and in return we expect people of other beliefs to show the same level of sensitivity towards our belief and especially our prophet, Muhammed (S.A.V.).

The so-called western civilisation joyfully practising oh so wonderful freedom of speech and democracy is also a notion debateble in itself. To this day they keep people imprisoned for years without charges, way to go for human rights advocates, I wonder if those people are free to speak let alone speak their mind. One must understand that all countries/civilizations (even the ones that claim to be the knight in white shining armor of democracy) have gone through many phases and when things are rosy it is easy to be self righteous. So spare us - the lowly mortal, intolerant eastern people - the " freedom of expression, genuine democracy the western way" speech please.

You don't put a bomb on a man head that represents more than a billion people and think it will not cause offence.

Others have tried to lighten the matter as paulmer2003 has attempted by explaining that cartoons of Jesus are made all the time. So what? Maybe you all don’t care about your Lord and Saviour but thank Allah we haven’t stooped down to your level. As andazp explained, picture of Jesus are created in the millions and so are cartoons of him (in a lesser quantity). But there are no images of Muhammad. Nothing official anyway. Surely this must have crossed the artists and newspapers idiotic minds.

Also what many don't seem to know is that the same newspaper previously decided NOT TO PUBLISH cartoons of Jesus because it was CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE. Double standards or what? Why is offending Islam tolerated in this day and age but not Christianity? Not that it should be either. The Danes are said to be a tolerant society. Tolerant maybe but dame hypocrites also.

By creating these cartoons all they are managing to do is reinforcing the idea that Islam and terrorism are linked. And because of this misunderstanding we’re attacked and abused on the streets. Muslim women are spat on the streets and even buses (as they have been) or their head scarf pulled. It's like the treatment Americans gave the blacks 50 years ago. I saw a program on the BBC where a Muslim white woman was being interviewed on the streets. As the interviewer and the Muslim woman were walking down the street, a man walked passed them and shouted “Muslims are terrorists” at the camera while standing near the Muslim woman. She almost at once began crying.

The Danish newspaper has said they would do the same for any religion. Islam, Christianity or anything else. What a pile of rubbish. They decided a few months back not to show a cartoon of Jesus as it would offend. So offending Christians is unthinkable but who cares about Muslims hearts.

Why would you attack such a person and anger and upset so many people? And then call it freedom of expression. Isn't burning flags freedom of expression also then?

I couldn't care less if you were burning my countries flag. As long as you weren’t burning my country.

This following as you can tell is explained by a Christian who understood the full depth of the matter. Anything I could say would most likely be repeating what he said as it ‘hit the spot’ so perfectly.

The thing is that Christians, for example, don't have any particular issue with images of Christ, God or any other important figure of their religion (they make images of them by the millions), in contrast the simple fact of an image or cartoon of their prophet Muhammad is highly offending, and if the content of the cartoon itself is offending... go figure.

Therefore those cartoons can't be compared to similar ones depicting other religions. You could compare it with other things that produce the same effect, a Christian can see a funny joke about Christ on for example "Family Guy" and laugh at it (not all Christians, and those aren't particularly offending, granted, but you get the point).

I recieved this PM from AcePlayer, but I want to respond in public.

Hi,

This is not normal for me to ask this but i was hoping you would kindly remove the image you posted.

The Kaba is considered the House of Allah and although I know you don't intend any insult (and so i do not take any) it is difficult for me to continue assisting on this topic knowing that an image degrading my creator is there.

I'm a massive star trek fan and the borg I consider to be the ultimate baddies and so although the comparison is totally incorrect (in many ways) i found it funny as did many other. But more recently I’ve felt uncomfortable as would many other Muslims I would think also

I haven’t asked any mods as I don't want to make a big issue about this.

I hope you understand.

I appreciate the sincerity of your request, but you are asking me to place your beliefs, which I think are absurd, above my own. To be clear, I think that freedom of speech, which means tolerance of offensive speech, is fundamental to any good society. Moreover, I do not believe that Allah exists, that Muhammad was a prophet or that the Kaaba is anything other than a false idol. In short, I think you have had your brain washed.

Although I really hope that you could stop believing in nonsense and start thinking for yourself in a rational manner, I know that is very unlikely to happen. To the extent that your religion feels threatened by pictures, you should be getting a clue that there is something wrong with your beliefs. While it is your choice to continue ignoring reality, in a world loaded with weapons of mass description and corrupt governments, the consequences can be severe.

But without conflict there is no change.

LOL.

Most people would have kept a PM just that. A PM. Otherwise they would have respected the reason a PM was sent and asked for permission if they felt a public reply was needed. Well that's at least what I would I done. I wondered if you would have made it public. Now I know. It also gives me a small insight into your character. Anyway what is done is done.

I sent a PM rather than posting it public in the hope that it would be quick and simple without creating a large fuss. I see you have done exactly that.

Personally I think atheists are arrogant lazy people with too much time in their hands. I really do. Most are atheist simply because they are too lazy to follow a religion even if they knew it to be correct. Instead they sit at home counting down the days to their deaths, knowing that nothing really matters in life. Whether you're a good person or not. Since when you die, it all means nothing. Some will say it matters to me how I am remembered and for that reason I do good. Does it really? You’re going to be dead. How can it matter?

Atheism has become the new trend. That’s all it is. People who don't even look into the science of evolution and still choose to believe it. Islam on the other hand (and possible Christianity and Judaism) asks the follower to question his existence.

Otherwise by now I would have expected to be visited by little green/purple/etc men from a far galaxy. Surely we can't be the only creation in this random occurrence and also surely we can't be the most advanced.

The universe is perfect. I don't believe this is all by chance.

But what gets me more than anything is that "All things have a beginning". The big bang or whatever else there is, is not a beginning. It’s middle.

--If I die and it turns out there is no God then at least I will go knowing I lived my life to a set of principles which is at the top of anything currently available. I don't believe any other faith (religious or not) offers a better guide to living an honest and good life.

--If I’m right then (inshallah) I will be rewarded.

--However if you’re (atheists) are right, it matters not. You’ll be dead.

--If you’re wrong… well we know what that means.

So really from an atheist point of view we win either way. But on the other hand you take a great gamble. And as we all know gambling can be costly.

Personally I think atheists are arrogant lazy people with too much time in their hands. I really do. Most are atheist simply because they are too lazy to follow a religion even if they knew it to be correct. Instead they sit at home counting down the days to their deaths, knowing that nothing really matters in life. Whether you're a good person or not. Since when you die, it all means nothing. Some will say it matters to me how I am remembered and for that reason I do good. Does it really? You’re going to be dead. How can it matter?

Atheism has become the new trend. That’s all it is. People who don't even look into the science of evolution and still choose to believe it. Islam on the other hand (and possible Christianity and Judaism) asks the follower to question his existence. [/u].[/b]

Hi, im a teetering atheist but i am considering that as a posibility (and it could be considered a religon, because beleving that there is no god is a belief) and i am currently beleving this... it is not because i am lazy but it is because i have studied many religions in school and i have attended many religous serimonies/ talked to people that beleve diferently than me and i think that most churches contradict them selves too much/ set odd or stupid rules that should not be the choice of the religion. some atheists are lazy, but so are some muslims... and every other religion has its sterio types that are usuially wrong for the majority of people, and you should understand this because your religion has alot of steriotypes as well... also, i am not arrogant but quite humble as you will notice by reading all my other posts,

thank you for your time and patience

max

It is true that most people dont look into the science of evolution. Those most people are religious people who believe that evolution means "apes spontaneously turned into humans".

It is ignorance, and it shouldnt be allowed.

It is true that most people dont look into the science of evolution. Those most people are religious people who believe that evolution means "apes spontaneously turned into humans".

It is ignorance, and it shouldnt be allowed.

It's equally ignorant to paint everyone with one brush, which is what is being done to "ignorant Christians" and "bomb-throwing Muslims" alike.

You're absolutely right. There are two types of people who disagree with me. People who are stupid, and people who are ill-informed...

jk

But seriously, there are two types of people. People who have good reasons for thinking what they do, and people who are ignorant and somehow rope themselves to a point of view that they really dont understand at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how fervent people can be about things which no one knows with certainty- to the point of killing and wars. We all have our theories about how humankind came to be. Why must we persecute each other?

• 4 weeks later...