ATI Radeon HD4350 PCIe

KTL

243 posts in this topic

@SFly, press Apple+shift+G in the finder and paste /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

@ertepechis, how do you know it works if you haven't done it :)

Anarchintosh said he's done it on 10.6.4

lol not sure how what will work as a apple key (im still new at this) but I think Ill try plugging in my G3's keyboard and give that a try

EDIT:

OK I did find it and inserted:

"<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>"

but when I run kext utility it ends up saying it cant create a file, here is the text from it:

hmm i didnt see a problem, it looks like it ran smoothly, but didnt finish... how long have you had it running? give it at least 10 or at the most 20

ANYONE WITH SPECIFIC PROBLEMS SHOULD SEND ME AN EMAIL(FROM THERE ILL GIVE YOU MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION)

IM FOLLOWING SEVERAL THREADS AND ITS HARD TO KEEP UP

wanted to report back and say that ive got the card fully enabled on 10.6.2 thanks to the guide by Anarchintosh.... thanks for all the hard work.. will be checking back once the card can be utilized in 10.6.4.. which will hopefully be sooner than later!! thanks again!

Hmm, I don't have a "Preferences" folder in my system library, I did find that file in my "Extra" folder but didn't seem to work, any ideas?

you must go in /Library, not system/library

4350 EFI STRING???

Hi all!

I'm new here... searched for infos about the HD4350, but found almost nothing...

Can anyone update me about drivers, patches or obscure magic rituals for getting this video card to work with two displays?

Thanks!

My card has seen in System profiler like an ATI 4670 in 10.6.4. anybody has the same problem? I still maintain 10.6.2 without green apple.

4350 EFI STRING???

My card has seen in System profiler like an ATI 4670 in 10.6.4. anybody has the same problem? I still maintain 10.6.2 without green apple.

we are all working on that, for now youll have to use graphics enabler

Thanks to those you have posted. After 3 attempts I finally have full resolution, transperant menus but Quick time does not work.

I give up...

Could someone suggest an Nvidia card with similar performance that works? Slient is good.

Thanks

Thanks to those you have posted. After 3 attempts I finally have full resolution, transperant menus but Quick time does not work.

I give up...

Could someone suggest an Nvidia card with similar performance that works? Slient is good.

Thanks

its the type of videos u have, try converting them

the codec rely too much on opengl software

convert using videomonkey

its the type of videos u have, try converting them

the codec rely too much on opengl software

convert using videomonkey

I don't think that's the issue. It was an MP4 I created using Iphoto. Anyhow, I updated to 10.6.4 using the new Imac update:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1065

QT is working. I can also view trailers from Itunes at 1080P. I still have the green apple but video seems "smoother"...

Anyone else try this update?

I don't think that's the issue. It was an MP4 I created using Iphoto. Anyhow, I updated to 10.6.4 using the new Imac update:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1065

QT is working. I can also view trailers from Itunes at 1080P. I still have the green apple but video seems "smoother"...

Anyone else try this update?

I want to, but have not tried the 10.6.4 update. I am sticking with 10.6.2 as it runs smooth. I'm currently avoiding the newest update due to the green apple and the reported photoshop issues. I will be updating once these issues get fixed or an EFI string gets created.

• 2 weeks later...
I have updated to 10.6.4 with 10.6.3 ATI kext, everything fine, but Sofware Updater wants to update my graphic card with this : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4286 Not safe isn't it ?

download the Update manually and open the package with apple package extractor software called "pacifist", so you can see what is inside before blindly installing ( a good practice anyway ).

Most likely it will contain newer ATI kexts for 4xxx HD series ( late 2009 iMac = iMac 9,1 has a mobility HD 46xx ) , but might also install new opengl frameworks.

back up old kexts via

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.* /path-to-a-new-backup-folder

and try the new kexts from the package with kextutility into /S/L/E after you have extracted them with pacifist ( shareware from charlessoft.com) if you feel you should give it a try,

if it fails you can boot up again with

-s in single user root mode, then

/sbin/mount -uw /

and move the original kexts back to S/L/E by typing

mv /path-to-backed-up-kexts/ATI*.* /System/Library/Extensions

then

touch /System/Library/Extensions

and reboot with

shutdown -r now

at the now following boot use once

-f -v to force OSX into reading all kexts anew and skip / recreate the mkexts

and you should be back to the state before you tried the new kexts.

Single User mode command line is the only way to deal with none-working UI, its Unix at all :(

Hello, I have checked and there are only new kext for AppleIntelGMA*, AppleIntelHD*, ATI*, GeForce, new OpenGL framework and daemons... I'll test the ATI kext tomorrow if I have the time :)

Single user mode is not the only way, I often use an old kalyway DVD and terminal to restore my kext, thank you anyway for the help :D

Okay, I extracted and replaced all my ATI* kexts with the ones into the update and got stuck before the login screen with a random pixel picture, not the typically blue screen I used to have when I got a graphic kext problem. I restarted in -x mode and put the 10.6.3 kexts and everthing is back now, so if you are noobish like me I advised you NOT to do the graphical update. Are the OpenCL / OpenGL frameworks linked to kext ? Maybe this fail because I didn't replace them too.

By the way do you know a graphic card working out of the box in 10.6.4 ? I think the 4350 might be slow in Starcraft 2 ;)

i also got graphix corruption with that update.

for 4350 in 10.6.3 (im not sure, but i dont think it works for 10.6.4),

i found a method that provides better performance than ATI4350.Fix.kext

it sped up graphics performance for me_

it was discovered by a chinese fellow at this site

you replace 3 ATI kexts with those from 10.6.2 and use in conjunction with PCEFI 10.6

ive added this and the kexts to the guide i wrote...

btw i have totally failed at making efi string for 4350. every now and then i give it another shot when i have time, but i highly doubt anything successful will come out of it.

it might be an idea to try mix 'n' matching different ATI kexts from different snowleopard versions (10.6.2,10.6.3,10.6.4) to try and get rid of green apple......

the kexts that are loaded are ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer, ATI4500Controller, ATIRadeonX2000 (and i guess all related X2000 kexts)

when i tried replacing OpenCL/GL frameworks, i couldnt login to OS X.....

i also got graphix corruption with that update.

for 4350 in 10.6.3 (im not sure, but i dont think it works for 10.6.4),

i found a method that provides better performance than ATI4350.Fix.kext

it sped up graphics performance for me_

it was discovered by a chinese fellow at this site

you replace 3 ATI kexts with those from 10.6.2 and use in conjunction with PCEFI 10.6

ive added this and the kexts to the guide i wrote...

btw i have totally failed at making efi string for 4350. every now and then i give it another shot when i have time, but i highly doubt anything successful will come out of it.

it might be an idea to try mix 'n' matching different ATI kexts from different snowleopard versions (10.6.2,10.6.3,10.6.4) to try and get rid of green apple......

the kexts that are loaded are ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer, ATI4500Controller, ATIRadeonX2000 (and i guess all related X2000 kexts)

when i tried replacing OpenCL/GL frameworks, i couldnt login to OS X.....

I did what yoou said on pg 5 i have native resolution 1440 x 400 no green apple on the top left and iv been playing games like max payne bejewled and max and his magic marker all on high

but when i use my photoshop cs5 the grey part is gone so i see whats going on behind photoshop also when i open a picture its lime green

anyways thank you so much for getting this working ;)

what about graphic update 1.0? anyone has tested it?

it breaks 4350 graphix, and so far ive seen no reason to use any of the ati kexts from it in a mix n' match fashion

despite the supposed updated and better nature of them, but maybe its worth a try anyway.

when i use my photoshop cs5 the grey part is gone so i see whats going on behind photoshop also when i open a picture its lime green

anyways thank you so much for getting this working :D

in photoshop > preferences > performance , uncheck the Enable OpenGL Drawing box and it should make photoshop usable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

10.6.5 Delta Update

Giga-byte ATI HD4350 512M

Guide:

Chameleon2_RC5

boot.zip

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Add 0x954f1002 /S/L/E/ATI4600Controller.kext/Contents/info.plist=>IOPCIMatch

Add 0x954f1002 /S/L/E/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/info.plist=>IOPCIMatch

Remove /S/L/E/ATI4500Controller.kext

restart

QE/CI !