Back/Foward buttons forget settings?

Biovital

2 posts in this topic

Leo4All 10.5.2 (too lazy to update, will wait when the next version of L4A comes out). I use an older MS Explorer optical with Intellipoint drivers for OSX. At first I never had any problems using the thumb buttons for back/foward in finder or Firefox. But lately these buttons seem to forget what to do, and I've had this problem for a while, only now its gotten really bad.

I have the middle mouse button set for Expose all windows. But in Firefox its for autoscroll/opening tabs. I set the thumb buttons for back/forward in Firefox and OSX globally.

Earlier today I had no issue, used OSX for about 20 minutes. Logged out and left it on all day. Logged back in, and now the side buttons are useless. Weird thing is if I set one of them to open say Expose or Finder, they work. But if I set it back to foward/back it does nothing. The buttons are recognized in Intellipoint app, but if I push them my cursor dissappears, only coming back if I move the mouse.

This is a major problem for me, so I'd really like to know what to do to fix this thanks!

-edit: I tried to uninstall Intellpoint 6.2.2 and reinstall using the latest 6.3 in hopes that might fix things. But I cant even uninstall the damn thing now. I get an error which of course doesnt tell me what it is.

Bump. Would really like to resolve this. I find that if I dont log out it doesnt seem to happen. I was logged in for hours yesterday and didnt encounter the issue, but if I log out for any reason and come back, the issue reappears after a while.