Audio : Sigmatel 9750 works with Sigmatel driver or AC97
Ethernet : Broadcom 570x, does not work with any driver
Video : ATi Mobility Radeon9000 only one resolution 1024x768, and no QE/CI
Wireless : Broadcom 43xx works with Broadcom driver
Smartcard bus : Does not work

Partition drive with GUID Partitioning scheme

Install with these options.

1. Kernel : Netkas Speedstep
2. Drivers : Chipset Intel ICHx SATA Drivers, SAS, JMicron. Wireless Broadcom.
3. Fixes & Patches : ACPI fix, CPUS=1 one core fix, PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse.
4. AppleSMBIOS : Mac Pro
Install only with these options to start, this will get you going. Then feel free to experiment with other options, such as, Kernels, Drivers, Fixes and Patches. Do not waste too much time trying to get QE/CI to work. This architecture is not yet supported. Although OpenGL has been known to work with this architecture, using Katana, that will not get Quarts Extreme and Core Image to fire up. There's always hope though.
Another note. I have tried all drivers for LAN, but have bee unsuccessful. I'll try other Kexts from distros and update this later.

Thanks, hope this gets you started.

thormac1

thormac1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dell Latitude D600

Install Method : iPC OSX86 10.5.6 PPF5 Final
CPU : Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz

Install only with these options to start, this will get you going. Then feel free to experiment with other options, such as, Kernels, Drivers, Fixes and Patches. Do not waste too much time trying to get QE/CI to work. This architecture is not yet supported. Although OpenGL has been known to work with this architecture, using Katana, that will not get Quarts Extreme and Core Image to fire up. There's always hope though.
Another note. I have tried all drivers for LAN, but have bee unsuccessful. I'll try other Kexts from distros and update this later.

Thanks for your tip.

Kernel Netkas Seedstep not work. Voodo 9.5 work.
and install Seatbelt.kext for *.dmg install without kernelpanik.

Problem: Deat slow video.

Sorry for my bad englisch.

Ed Martin

Ed Martin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I followed the instructions and have a successful instal and boot. However, I do not have any wireless network. I have the Broadcom wireless card and I know that it works (I get it to work with a 10.5.5 install). Any ideas?

Dell Latitude D600

ashworthkid

ashworthkid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I followed the instructions and have a successful instal and boot. However, I do not have any wireless network. I have the Broadcom wireless card and I know that it works (I get it to work with a 10.5.5 install). Any ideas?

trying to dual boot with xp on my amd athlon machine. I go into verbose mode and it says *still waiting for root device* What am I missing?

Cindy69_70

Cindy69_70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dell Latitude D600

2. Drivers : Chipset � Intel ICHx SATA Drivers, SAS, JMicron. Wireless � Broadcom.

Hello,

I have a Dell D600 (Pentium M processor - 1.4 GHz) with Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently bought OS X 10.6 retail version, with the idea of installing OS X as a dual boot. My BIOS version is A15. But the OS X dvd does not boot at all. I read some where that the processor may not be recognized or something.
I am totally new to OS X and I thank everyone who can help me get going on OS X.

Brrrad

Brrrad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
bump

MagicWTF

MagicWTF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:<br /><br />unix
Buying this laptop today at the cost of replacing my power cables for my old hack, any advice?

soren121

soren121

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:-Advocate of OSx86 Snow Leopard and Windows 7!<br /><br />-XHTML/CSS web des...
Cindy69_70: Snow Leopard won't boot with a normal BIOS. You'll need an EFI loader or boot CD to get it to work.

I'm gonna try installing Leopard on my D600, because I don't think there are any custom SL distros yet, and I highly doubt I could get Snow Leopard to work on my own. I'll tell you guys how it goes.

EDIT: I've written a guide to installing 10.5.6 on the D600 here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=214728

:)

Umbrella

Umbrella

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
When i try to boot from this dvd i get this screen
Posted Image
Anyone know what to do?

lattimus

lattimus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Good Tutorial. :king: I have the Intel 2200 wireless. Could not get it to work. Disk Image mounting doesn't work either. Stuck at this point... :help: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy