Audio : Sigmatel 9750 works with Sigmatel driver or AC97

Ethernet : Broadcom 570x, does not work with any driver

Video : ATi Mobility Radeon9000 only one resolution 1024x768, and no QE/CI

Wireless : Broadcom 43xx works with Broadcom driver

Smartcard bus : Does not work

Partition drive with GUID Partitioning scheme

Install with these options.

1. Kernel : Netkas Speedstep

2. Drivers : Chipset – Intel ICHx SATA Drivers, SAS, JMicron. Wireless – Broadcom.

3. Fixes & Patches : ACPI fix, CPUS=1 one core fix, PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse.

4. AppleSMBIOS : Mac Pro

Install only with these options to start, this will get you going. Then feel free to experiment with other options, such as, Kernels, Drivers, Fixes and Patches. Do not waste too much time trying to get QE/CI to work. This architecture is not yet supported. Although OpenGL has been known to work with this architecture, using Katana, that will not get Quarts Extreme and Core Image to fire up. There's always hope though.

Another note. I have tried all drivers for LAN, but have bee unsuccessful. I'll try other Kexts from distros and update this later.

Thanks, hope this gets you started.

• 2 weeks later...
Dell Latitude D600

Install Method : iPC OSX86 10.5.6 PPF5 Final

CPU : Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz

2. Drivers : Chipset – Intel ICHx SATA Drivers, SAS, JMicron. Wireless – Broadcom.

Install only with these options to start, this will get you going. Then feel free to experiment with other options, such as, Kernels, Drivers, Fixes and Patches. Do not waste too much time trying to get QE/CI to work. This architecture is not yet supported. Although OpenGL has been known to work with this architecture, using Katana, that will not get Quarts Extreme and Core Image to fire up. There's always hope though.

Another note. I have tried all drivers for LAN, but have bee unsuccessful. I'll try other Kexts from distros and update this later.

Thanks for your tip.

Kernel Netkas Seedstep not work. Voodo 9.5 work.

and install Seatbelt.kext for *.dmg install without kernelpanik.

Problem: Deat slow video.

Sorry for my bad englisch.

• 4 months later...

I followed the instructions and have a successful instal and boot. However, I do not have any wireless network. I have the Broadcom wireless card and I know that it works (I get it to work with a 10.5.5 install). Any ideas?

Dell Latitude D600

• 4 months later...
I followed the instructions and have a successful instal and boot. However, I do not have any wireless network. I have the Broadcom wireless card and I know that it works (I get it to work with a 10.5.5 install). Any ideas?

trying to dual boot with xp on my amd athlon machine. I go into verbose mode and it says *still waiting for root device* What am I missing?

• 2 months later...
Dell Latitude D600

2. Drivers : Chipset � Intel ICHx SATA Drivers, SAS, JMicron. Wireless � Broadcom.

Hello,

I have a Dell D600 (Pentium M processor - 1.4 GHz) with Windows XP Pro SP2. I recently bought OS X 10.6 retail version, with the idea of installing OS X as a dual boot. My BIOS version is A15. But the OS X dvd does not boot at all. I read some where that the processor may not be recognized or something.

I am totally new to OS X and I thank everyone who can help me get going on OS X.

• 1 month later...

Cindy69_70: Snow Leopard won't boot with a normal BIOS. You'll need an EFI loader or boot CD to get it to work.

I'm gonna try installing Leopard on my D600, because I don't think there are any custom SL distros yet, and I highly doubt I could get Snow Leopard to work on my own. I'll tell you guys how it goes.

EDIT: I've written a guide to installing 10.5.6 on the D600 here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214728

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...