Weird Pattern on SXGA+ Display and X3100

gwali

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a little weird problem with my lenovo T61 (Intel X3100, SXGA+ 14' 1400x1050 TFT).

MacOSX-dirtibution: iPC 10.5.6 working, no explicit graphicsdriver installed

My Intel X3100 is recognized as working - even with CI/QE and resolution change, but on internal display only every second pixel column is shown, between there is a black column. Actually I can see only have of the screen - the other half is out of sight.

mac1.jpg

mac2.jpg

If i take the menue and the dock to an external display (also works with QE/CI) all is fine - except the internal display which stays scambled. If i take snapshots of the display thorugh a screengraber, it shows no distorsion.

If i delete all X3100 kexts i have 1024x768, but no QE/CI working without a scrambled screen, but with a kext (doesn't matter which - also scrambled if QE/CI is not working) the blue screens apperes unscrambled, then blacks out and then adds the black columns.

Here a the full specs with externel monitor attached both working in nativ resolution.

mac3.jpg

I've searched for this problem, but didn't found any hint, so i hope someone can figur out my mistake.

Okay, a little update.

I succeded in getting it to work with reboot or cold boot - QE/CI and all resolutions setable. Secondary monitor works too and is detected nearly properly (wrong resolution, but can easily be set because correkt resolution is detected). There also QE/CI is fully available.

BUT:

On Display Sleep or Standby/Hibernate all is set back - my internal monitor is scrambled, the external is still working properly. I again get half of screensize with black lines as before or full screensize with black lines (not really usable). But thats a new failure.

So my question - why doesn't sleep aka wakeup doesn't work as expected - is another graphics driver loaded after sleep? From boot on it does work as mentioned.

Hope someone kann help me.

If anyone needes the driver package i'm using right now, please contact me here. I will then add it.

Systeminfo/Searchphrase: Lenovo T61 8897 X3100 SXGA QE/CI working

• 2 weeks later...

I also have iPC 10.5.6 on a t61, 14.1", 1400x1050 with X3100 (8895WFJ) but still have problems with X3100.

Only get 1024x768 pixels and no QE/CI.

When i install X3100 driver from iPC 10.5.6 DVD i get correct resolution but screen goes blank after about 30 seconds.

Which driver did you use for graphics?

Greetings

eeZee