Security Update 2009-001

Master Chief

60 posts in this topic

Why are you using Voodoo kernel? I did not need voodoo kernel on my U100 (wind) , it runs fantastically on vanilla kernel itself .

Well at first it was just to test it. But honestly it made my OSX install better. Before installing the Voodoo Kernel, I had problems with slow boot up time and no password request when coming back from sleep/screensaver. Installing the Voodoo Kernel fixed all of that and has been pretty stable, making me have a fully compatible OSX install.

It is definitely OSX86-safe.

Hi LS8, I'm running the same patches and hardware as you, but after updating the mac address for my en0 device turned to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff - causing problems with flexlm and itunes authorization. Did you repatch after updating?

it looks like i'm the only one with startup problems. i habe ideneb v1.3 updated to 10.5.6 and presently i'm only able to boot in safe mode :)

I experienced the same problem, but was able to recover the system. I deleted the following files via single user mode (you may not have all of these files on your system -- don't panic like your kernel):

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches

rm -rf /Library/Caches/com.apple.ATS

rm -rf /Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices*

Good luck Oggringer!

I've tried installing the 2009-001, as it is required in order to install Safari 4,

and...

it's scr@@ed me up badly.

The machine does not boot anymore.

It looks like it was going to bring up the login window, as the

screen turns into the graphics mode (blue background),

but then it turns back to hi res text mode, brings several messages

about generating crashlogs, blinks the blue background for another second,

then goes back to text and the messages. And so it goes in a wheel.

I left it for several hours, as the messages showing, were referring to different

things, so I hoped it would eventually step over, but not.

It's solid that way.

I booted with a DVD, so I can run a terminal, but the files someone else in this thread

recommended deleting are not even there in my case.

Do you think there's still some way I can bring it back, or I should forget and reinstall?

Why does it always have to hit only me? :guitar:...

tia,

jj

p.s. I use iPC 10.5.6 on Gigabyte EP45-DQ6

(it took me like a month to get everything to work...)

p.p.s.

this at least makes me feel not alone... :gun:

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/02/16/reports-of-...ecurity-update/

I've installed the 2009-001 security update via dmg file downloaded from the apple site. Installationb went through pretty well but after i reboot, it brings me to my login screen. (Usually I don't have to type my password as mine is auto login).

Anyways, it prompts me for my password and after i've typed the correct one, the screen turns blue like its about to log in then fades into the login screen again. This happens endlessly and I cannot login to my account anymore. Same case for safe boot (-x).

I've tried /bin/fsck -fy and fixing permissions through disk utility with install disc and disk repair, as well as deleting cache files. Nothing works.

Running 10.5.2, Kalyway install. Can anyone help me out please?