Security Update 2009-001

Master Chief

60 posts in this topic

Two new Apple updates are available via "Software Update". The first one being Security Update 2009-001 and the second one the Java for Mac OS X 10.5, Update 3, which Apple says addresses compatibility and security issues with Java Web Start and Java Applets.

More information about security updates, like the "Java for Mac OS X 10.4, Release 8" and the Safari update for Microsoft Windows users, can be found here.

Warning: "A number of users have reported that system startup fails after installation of Security Update 2009-001. Reader reports include...". Source macfixit.com

Note: I installed the updates on all our Mac's, including one Hackintosh - no problem whatsoever.

its fine here too

im on AMD 5200 with iDeneb 10.5.5 updated to 10.5.6 and the security update

Good luck for all of you

if ideneb can update successfully, i cant see problem with "retail dvd" installation

definitely goin' to update

thanks

It is definitely OSX86-safe.

yeahh, hopefully :wacko:

Warning: "A number of users have reported that system startup fails after installation of Security Update 2009-001. Reader reports include...". Source macfixit.com

This is funny as hell, real Macintosh computers are having issues with this update but it does not affect current 10.5.6 hackintosh users :P

@Master Chief

nothing against you man, check my last 3-5 replies, i am sure all duplicate threads.

No problem, I just thought that I missed something - I searched but couldn't find anything about these updates, so I just went ahead and started this thread. Maybe it is better to have them merged somehow.

Installed these updates on my MSI Wind running OSX 10.5.6 (via upgraded MSIwindosx86) with Voodoo Kernel. Noticed a problem, when I close the lid to put the laptop to sleep it now takes about a minute, while before it was instant. I tried repairing permissions and reinstalling video drivers but hasn't worked.

Installed these updates on my MSI Wind running OSX 10.5.6 (via upgraded MSIwindosx86) with Voodoo Kernel. Noticed a problem, when I close the lid to put the laptop to sleep it now takes about a minute, while before it was instant. I tried repairing permissions and reinstalling video drivers but hasn't worked.

Why are you using Voodoo kernel? I did not need voodoo kernel on my U100 (wind) , it runs fantastically on vanilla kernel itself .