Iphone SDK & Developer Program on OSx86

yan75

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Are there any issues (technical and/or legal) when publishing iphone apps to the appstore and working with an OSx86 box i.e. not using an official Apple computer with a registered Leopard ?

Thanks for your comments.

I have a full SDK license and have uploaded an App to the App Store with no problems, however any money I make from this App will go towards a Macbook (Pro), just make sure to keep a back up of everything, especially your public and private keys in case you OSx86 machine dies.

• 1 month later...

same here, had no problems at all, well none that were osx86 related (mostly keychain and app signing problems).

ive been using an old emac for a while to release my app to the app store, but i wanted to use my laptop for development so I can use my free time where-ever i may be to continue developing my app, I managed to get ideneb installed after almost 4 days solid work, installed the SDK and it worked like a dream! Im so glad i stuck with it and finally got osx86 working, as i just didn't have the money to buy a mac book, I almost sold my car to afford one :(

Im not sure about the legality of things, but I did buy a licensed copy of leopard just to make sure everything was above board and legal, not sure if apple checks these things when it comes to the app store? If i expect people to pay for my app, then i must do the same, don't want to be a hypocrite

btw leejames gave good advice about backing up your keychains and source-code, you will be smacking yourself in the head when you find you've lost something that important