iDeneb 1.4 Mac OS X 10.5.6 installation on IL9Pro

holyfield

8 posts in this topic

Installation tips for iDeneb 1.4 Mac OS X 10.5.6 on IL9Pro

I was curious to test new iDeneb 1.4 as I tested earlier the 1.3 version with great success. I have iMac actually, so there is no need to install Mac OS to PC, but I'm just a bit IT freak, so it sounds interesting to see how Mac OS will manae to work on my PC too. It gives possibility really compare same software behaviour on two different OS but on the exactly same hardware.

But I dint managed to boot up Mac OS X after installation of iDeneb 1.4 distro. Installation went correctly but after booting up installed system, it freezes with message "using 10485 buffer headers.." I got the same mesage when I installed iDeneb 1.3 without ACPI Fix. But i coulnt find this fix in iDeneb fix options, probably its missing there or is renamed.

So there are 3 kexts in ACPI Fix:

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext
Needed
, couldn't boot without this!

- AppleAPIC.kext
Needed

-
IOACPIFamily.kext
This is
not needed
for 10.5.6 I restored back to kext from iDeneb 1.4

I went trough Win XP (MacDrive installed) to the OS X installation disk and replaced kexts from iDeneb 1.3 fix pack. And I managed to boot up Mac OS X 10.5.6

Any comments?

EDIT: 17 Feb 09 - Did some testst and made changes according this.

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- AppleAPIC.kext

- IOACPIFamily.kext

I went trough Win XP (MacDrive installed) to the OS X installation disk and replaced kexts from iDeneb 1.3 fix pack. And I managed to boot up Mac OS X 10.5.6

Any comments?

I'm installing in Compaq mini 700, but observing similar problem:

ACPI-fix is definitely missing inside v1.4, so

installing ACPI-fix from v1.3 helped me once to pass through, but then I've reached USB kext crash.

by reinstalling 1.4 once again, without USBFamily but only with EHCIUSB sleep enabled,

then installing ACPI-fix didn't helped anymore. maybe original ACPI is missing or something?

similar defect was observed when Chameleon get stuck with DSDT.ami file, had to delete it form / path to let go through.

however, this time I don't see any DSDT.{censored} on / path, so it couldn't be a cause.

it sounds strange, but maybe original ACPI 10.5.6 has to be installed first (checkbox in iDeneb v1.4),

then only ACPI-fix patch from v1.3 to be applied?

anybody has tried such sequence?

ACPI-fix is definitely missing inside v1.4, so

installing ACPI-fix from v1.3 helped me once to pass through, but then I've reached USB kext crash.

Maybe this an old topic can help you?

[HowTo]: Fix for "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers.", Get around being stuck at "using 10485..." while booting Mac O

• 2 months later...

I was curious to test new iDeneb 1.4 as I tested earlier the 1.3 version with great success. I have iMac actually, so there is no need to install Mac OS to PC, but I'm just a bit IT freak, so it sounds interesting to see how Mac OS will manae to work on my PC too. It gives possibility really compare same software behaviour on two different OS but on the exactly same hardware.

But I dint managed to boot up Mac OS X after installation of iDeneb 1.4 distro. Installation went correctly but after booting up installed system, it freezes with message "using 10485 buffer headers.." I got the same mesage when I installed iDeneb 1.3 without ACPI Fix. But i coulnt find this fix in iDeneb fix options, probably its missing there or is renamed.

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext
Needed

- AppleAPIC.kext
Needed

-
IOACPIFamily.kext
This is
not needed
for 10.5.6 I restored back to kext from iDeneb 1.4

Any comments?

EDIT: 17 Feb 09 - Did some testst and made changes according this.

Please help me!

I installed iDeneb 1.3 with success on my EP35C-DS3R board. It was running, when I installed ~pcwiz's fixes, then it froze after restart I got the same error as you. Now I need the original iDeneb 1.3:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleAPIC.kext

Could you send me those? ...or how can I get it?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm Totally New To MAC Installation.. I'm an aspiring editor.. So I'm trying to install MAC on my PC to Use Final Cut Pro..

This Is My PC's Config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz ..

Intel 945GCNL Motherboard

4 GB DDR2 RAM

nVidia 9500 1GB Graphics

I Downloaded iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 ... Burned It On To A DVD...

Put It On.. Tried To Boot.. Pressed F8 and -v ....

It came down to ACPI and got stuck there..

How do i proceed.. Please Help Me...