[SOLVED] Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi

alsheron

2 posts in this topic

I've got an Asus p5K Premium mobo and am running OSX 10.5.6 almost perfectly (need a real mac real bad)

Suddenly kept getting this message when using Garageband: "Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi" along with some other specifics. It's one of those dreaded moments and I was thinking about doing all sorts like re-installing and rolling back my BIOS etc.

However, I found that the specific problem is caused not by audio drivers or software problems, but by having the setting in my BIOS for memory set to auto-overclock the memory i.e. the NOS settings on my Asus board were set and enables. Setting this to Manual instead of NOS fixed the problem instantly and on other boards, similar settings could well cause problems in similar circumstances. If you set Manual, be sure to check what settings your memory actually needs on the manufacturers website to avoid damage to your system.

Anyway, I found NOTHING about this on Google or here, sho I thought i'd shed some light on the issue for any others in trouble. I'm guessing the system timers/midi stuff doesn't like fluctuating frequencies in the memory of the system.

Peace!

• 2 months later...