iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Released!

Jack Layne

302 posts in this topic

verynice: we are looking at your problem, if we encounter an error, we will post a PPF to fix this problem...

HP m8100n Media Center Pc

Athlon 64 X2 (W) 5600+ 2.8 GHz

Motherboard Name: MCP61PM-HM

500 GB SATA

16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive

ALC 888S chipset

6GB DDR2 sdram

EVGA 8800 GT

Realtek RTL8201N 10/100Mbps

At least I can use v1.3 for now... Thanks guys !!

Installation successful on my computer.

Vanilla Kernel, ICHx chipset patch, Ethernet R1000.

Reboot and shutdown OK (didn't try the sleep, don't need it on a desktop).

Only one issue : UI lag : the User Interface (and mouse cursor) freezes during one second about every minute or so, a lot more when one of the two displays is off or when in pivot mode (90° rotation)...

Same issue with iPC 10.5.6

Happens with NVdarwin, NVinject, NVkush, or EFI strings without kext.

Seems to have a connexion with iTunes/Quicktime...

did someone tried the kexts for GMA950 ?

thanks

HI,

My system uses that kext, if you select it during installation and once loaded you only get 1024x768 but ok QE/CI... I needed to add/substitute the ApplelIntelFramebuffer kext to get the change of resolution as well, see my other post where I included the kext:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1055369

This is for a gx620 usff system.

alien2xx

thanks for prompt answer

do you get any artifacts when using MS Office or smth, with this kext ?

I haven't installed Office yet, I loaded Toast, iwork and ilfe so far and they work ok, I don't see any artifacts at all, I even had the option to change the refresh rate on my screen to 75mhz. its working very well I would say, but it will depend on your actual video, I can only say based on my experience. good luck.

Hi!

Trying to install the 1.4, but all i get is "still waiting for root device". Im running on a ASUS P5N-E SLI MB, and all drives are SATA. Does anyone know of a quick solution? If the MB is the problem, will the 1.3 nForce patch work?

Answers are greatly appreciated ;)

Hi!

Trying to install the 1.4, but all i get is "still waiting for root device". Im running on a ASUS P5N-E SLI MB, and all drives are SATA. Does anyone know of a quick solution? If the MB is the problem, will the 1.3 nForce patch work?

Answers are greatly appreciated :)

Try to set into BIOS driver in IDE MODE or if this is active in AHCI MODE (if your bios have this option..)

Hi, hoping someone might be able to help me out. I'm trying to install ideneb 1.4. I had kalyway 1.2 working ok, but figured that the best way to get my graphics card to work was to install ideneb 1.4. Now the install goes ok until it gets to " about a minute remaining", stalls and the beachball appears. I waited about 15 minutes and I'm trying again.

Is there any options that I need to tinker with during the install? and if so is there a command key or something to access them? At the moment the first thing that I seem to get to choose is the installation language.

(i'm using a ps2 keyboard, which seems to work, it's not something stupid like that is it!?!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

My setup is:

Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R

Intel Q6600

4 gb ddr2 1066mhz ram

nVidea 9500gt 512mb

500mb SATA Hard drive (set to AHCI in the BIOS)

IDE DVD-R (worked ok with kalyway 1.2)

Almost there - everything detected just fine, except my ALC888 - worked fine in iPC, but not in iDeneb - anyone have any advice, I've tried both the regular and the patched driver on my board (GA-P35-DS3L 2.0)?

Other than that, looks great. Picks up my 8GB memory, Logitech BT, all my SATA drives (iPC only saw the first, out of the box).

In the thread u said it had the 5007eg wireless driver. I have been trying to get mine working read every forum and havent came up with anything can you post the driver or tell me where its from and if it works. It would help alot i havent had any success with leopard with my specs and wireless is one of the big things i need.Also your dvd looks great i might download it tonight does it have mcp67 support when booting the dvd?

Thanks and keep up the good work

Almost there - everything detected just fine, except my ALC888 - worked fine in iPC, but not in iDeneb - anyone have any advice, I've tried both the regular and the patched driver on my board (GA-P35-DS3L 2.0)?

Other than that, looks great. Picks up my 8GB memory, Logitech BT, all my SATA drives (iPC only saw the first, out of the box).

Fixed! Silly me, no drivers for my JMicron ... love this thing. ;)

Now the install goes ok until it gets to " about a minute remaining", stalls and the beachball appears. I waited about 15 minutes and I'm trying again.

(i'm using a ps2 keyboard, which seems to work, it's not something stupid like that is it!?!

I have the same experience. Installation does not finish.

I am using ps2 keyboard (+USB mouse), too.

Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H (AMD 690G)

AMD Athlon X2 4050e

4GB DDR2

Radeon 2600XT PCIe

AHCI HD/DVD

QUOTE(Elling @ Feb 10 2009, 06:34 PM) *

Hi!

Answers are greatly appreciated smile.gif

Try to set into BIOS driver in IDE MODE or if this is active in AHCI MODE (if your bios have this option..)

I have exactly the same problem, but switching between the IDE and AHCI mode, and still does not show the SATA disk.

had installed iDeneb 1.3, with 0 problems. could someone help me?

My MoBo is an Asus m2a-vm, chipset amd 690g.

thanks

Hi There

First of all Thanks to Developers Team.

My Hardware

CPU: E8200@2.66 GHz

Mobo:GA-G31M-S2L

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GForce 8800 GT 512 Mb

Memory: 2 GB

Sound: ALC622 on board

Lan: RTL8111C on board

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 710MP 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz

All Working out of the box.

Using vodoo kernel (very fast)

Two Words ->>>>>>>>>>>AMAZING Distro

One more time Thanks to Developers

iDeneb is the best distro for me, thanks to team iDeneb U_U.

I was wondering if with voodoo kernel installed, now we can do software update?

Yorote.

"Yes we Can" lol

I tested on iDeneb v1.3 and then updated to 10.5.6.

Regards

Cesarium