iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Released!

Jack Layne

302 posts in this topic

I can't find this on the Supernova, and I cant access The Bay right now ;)

The connection keeps timing out. Also, before you guys start complaining, note that I've been downloading Hackintosh versions at constant speeds of 13kbps. Getting even 15kbps is already a blessing for me.

:P

I really liked iDeneb 1.3 and before i reinstall id like to get this one but can't find it anywhere(but on demonoid)

if someone could get me an invite to demonoid please send me a PM.

In other words. this is still the best distro out there in my opinion.

GREAT RELEASE!!!!!

Worked on the first try!!!! I've been using it all day, I only have one thing to fix after the initial install, that's a first!!!! I need some help with the problem, it occurs doing boot up, the white apple screen takes it's normal amount of time, but when it goes to switch to the desktop, the screen goes black, and it sits there for about 3-4 minutes, than makes it to the desktop. I have tried NVdarwin, NVInject, and EFI strings, but still have the issue. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it? I leave my computer on 24/7, but I still would like to fix it.

Update:

Just installed AnV 10.5.6 kernel and 10.5.6 system.kext. Works good!!! I recommend that you add this to the DVD. I still need help with the boot up problem, other than that, works really well!!!!

works nearly perfect in my hp dv6205us

thanks a lot,ideneb team rocks!

takes about 36seconds to boot up into the desktop,a litte faster than ipc's.

however there's only one issue i have so far,

it crashes when i plug my external hard drive(fijitsu 80G)

but it went fine when i plug in my flash drive(2g Kingston data traveller)

can anyone give a solution?

Thanx a lot

rickygtl it is because you've selected IOUSBfamily fix. You have to download the 10.5.6 comboupdate from apple and extract from it the original IOUSBfamily.kext and install it with kexthelper.

So far, iDeneb 1.4 is the best release i've seen for laptops. The 1.3 didn't work on mine but the 1.1 did work.

iDeneb team has done a great job once again.

I would suggest for a further patch, the replacement of genericcpumanagement by voodoo power, and if a collection of keyboard layout could be added it will be great

Thanks for the release.

iDeneb 1.4 getting better and better than ideneb v.1.3 almost perfect !!!

Install is easy and fast,boot is faster than retail Leo DVD!!

Thank to Layne, Cri900 and insanelymac Team !!

kernel:Darwin Kernel 9.6.0

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33

Mobo:BIOSTAR TF7150U-M7 fsb:1333MHz Chipset:Geforce7150/nForce630i

Ram:2GB×2(800MHz)

Graphics:ELSA 8600GTS(CI/QE OK)

HD:SATA2 250G(iDeneb10.5.6)

500G(150G retaiOS10.5.6/350GiDeneb10.5.6)

ESATA 160GB(Windows Vista Home ED)&80G(iDeneb10.5.6)

SiliconImage3132 with SONNET SataE2P Pci-x card

Networks: No drivers OK

Soud : USB card Only (Arvel HAMU2BK)*C-media USB HeadphoneSet

DVD :HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N

I installed it on my small pc, these release does not have the kernel "9.4.0 XNU" anymore (why? :( ) and this kernel worked perfect with this machine.

I installed the 9.5.0 (since I cant use the other 9.2.0 kernels listed) and it loads and boots ok but the machine goes into panic a few minutes later for no reason.. I took the package from v1.3 DVD and installed it; it installs ok but it seems like something from 9.5.0 remains there and the pc acts a bit weird.. how can I uninstall 9.5.0 and get rid of it completely? :o

I tried adding the new kernel to the DVD and it seemed to be ok but, after re-burning the DVD I see under "startup disk" the new dvd shows as bootable disc but the pc does not boot from it... I weisted about 10 dvd's las Sunday... so I am forgeting about this option... :)

Other than that it a fine release..

Optiplex gx620

P4 3.4Ghz

2Gb DDR2

Can somebody help me?

I have installed 1.4 on a external USB drive on my P5W DH

I have choosed:

Audio ALC 882

Chipset ICHxFixed

but after installation OS is very slow (perhaps disk acces), I have lost Firewire and my RAM speed is set to 0Mhz

May I have forgetten an option in installation

With Ideneb 1.3, everything is Ok and fast

Thanks

if you have select GenericCPUPowerManagement you can try delete this kext.

Hi,

No, I did not install GenericCPUPowerManagement during installation, is it possible to have a patch or something to be able tot add the kernel to the DVD? I'd really like the option of installing 9.4.0 XNU kernel?

I'm having same problem as with iPC 10.5.6, when I try to mount a DMG, I get kernel panic. I do have the seatbelt kext installed, should I remove that?

Edit: nevermind, I fixed it by installing the seatbelt 6 kext from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150871

:shock::(:shock::ihw_wow::shock::ihw_wow:

This is the best release yet, besides the little hiccup above, everything installed and working. Audio works, Lan works, and Video CI/Qtz works out of the box. Awesome release, many thanks for all those involved in this release. Time to update my sig. :)

I'm having same problem as with iPC 10.5.6, when I try to mount a DMG, I get kernel panic. I do have the seatbelt kext installed, should I remove that?

For this problem you need to select seatbelt.kext under FIX section of dvd ..... it is a known problem of 10.5.6....

verynice: we are looking at your problem, if we encounter an error, we will post a PPF to fix this problem...