JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

This has just been released. I patched my own using JaS' patcher and it works after he released a very small patch to fix it. So this releaseis a working DVD ISO for 10.4.6. Get it at Pirate Bay.

Enjoy!

Hi Domino any idear where to get this little patch (10k ppf), I really look around at all usual places and can't find it.

even though there are no visable seeds, it seems people ARE managing to download something.. Maybe the remaining seeder is super-seeding?

actually there is a message from the man himself saying

"its being seeded this tracker has issues picking them up"

So, there you go.

I only have 64MB left to go (from 'The Demon').

I've been following both trackers, and for those who are wondering which one to DL from, it seems that 'The demon' tracker updates more frequently and doesn't time out anywhere near as often as the one from TPB. These last 64MB are seeming quite difficult though. I've only managed to acquire 18MB in the last 15-20 hours. Currently, I'm only connecting to 6 or 8 of the (reported) 293 peers and, still, 0 seeders visible (although this morning, there was 1 seeder visible for about 2 hours). If someone else can PLEASE seed or reseed, I'll definitely leave mine seeding (when it's done) for at least another week. I know that many of us are interested in this package, so I'm always happy to help the community.

I just started and I'm downloading @ between 30 & 135 hovering close to 80 most of the time.

Share this thing for ATLEAST 48hrs after you complete it like you should ALL Torrents!

There was 1 seed. But just dissapeared. It seems that they finish downloading and close the client. Please Share people, until some of us who are stuck at 99% can seed, at least that...geez...

Well The Demon tracker is now showing 89 seeders and 253 peers so... wait...... HERE IT COMES.... D O N E !!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so now 90 SEEDERS (including me)!!!!

I'll leave this running for several days + many gigs of UL.

So... if anyone is curious about which torrent file to use, it seems the one from The Demon is the best ATM. Even if you started using the one from TPB, if you haven't DL'd more than a couple hundred megs, you may want to consider using The Demon's BT file.

I have a 250GB SATA drive being delivered this afternoon, and I'll do a fresh 10.4.6 install and see how it goes.

Hey Nicklas,

I like your avatar pic. Where'd you get (or make) that?

Well The Demon tracker is now showing 89 seeders and 253 peers so... wait...... HERE IT COMES.... D O N E !!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so now 90 SEEDERS (including me)!!!!

I'll leave this running for several days + many gigs of UL.

So... if anyone is curious about which torrent file to use, it seems the one from The Demon is the best ATM. Even if you started using the one from TPB, if you haven't DL'd more than a couple hundred megs, you may want to consider using The Demon's BT file.

I have a 250GB SATA drive being delivered this afternoon, and I'll do a fresh 10.4.6 install and see how it goes.

Hey Nicklas,

I like your avatar pic. Where'd you get (or make) that?

Yeah..i'm at 99% and stuck, from TPB tracker. It's really sucking.

Hehe thanks. I've found it browsing, didn't remember where.. :D It's a bottle of all-purpose detergent, named Linux :hysterical:

No installation reports here yet. My 250GB SATA didn't show up - looks like Fedex truck is scheduled to deliver tomorrow A.M. so we'll see.

I hope this installs on the lappy better than the 10.4.5 disc did. My Intel P4 runs like a speed demon, but everything moves as slow as molasses on my Ath64 3400, even the installer's initial welcome screens (where you select what disk you want to install to, options, etc.).

Does anyone know if this is an issue with how the OS X coding interacts with AMD's architechture?

Where are all the seeders for this??? I have seen like 4 at best on TPB..

Come on folks!

Dude, stop breathing our air. It was posted a few times that the tracker for that site is wrong. Trust me, there are PLENTY of seeders.

No installation reports here yet. My 250GB SATA didn't show up - looks like Fedex truck is scheduled to deliver tomorrow A.M. so we'll see.

Cool, my torrent should be done by this time tomorrow, so I'll have a go myself anyway.

I hope this installs on the lappy better than the 10.4.5 disc did. My Intel P4 runs like a speed demon, but everything moves as slow as molasses on my Ath64 3400, even the installer's initial welcome screens (where you select what disk you want to install to, options, etc.).

Does anyone know if this is an issue with how the OS X coding interacts with AMD's architechture?

My 10.4.3 install on an Athlon64 3800+ X2 ran really well, apart from the lack of 2D acceleration for my 7800 GT. Did you try the optimisations in the Wiki?

Totally Sweet! Just finished the install, it all went well and fine from the GUI installer even, which I've never pulled off before. I've always had to do a VMWare install. I do have a question though for anyone who can answer. Why does my 2.4Celeron D show as being 3.06ghz in About This Mac? In my 10.4.1 install (which is what I'd been running right up until this ) it always reported the correct information.

Desktop #1 - Windows XP Pro with SP 2 / SlackWare Linux 10.2 /Mac OS 10.4.6

Celeron 2.4 , 2gb RAM

Desktop #2 - OS 10.4.6

iMac DV @ 400mhv 768mb RAM, 160gb hard drive ATI Rage128 OnBoard Graphics

Desktop #3 - OS X 10.3.9 / OS 9.2

g3 B&W @ 350mhz 1mb L2 Cache, 512mb RAM 2x 10gb hard drive ATI Rage128 PCI Graphics

Various others in assorted stages of assembly :)