JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

domino

297 posts in this topic

This has just been released. I patched my own using JaS' patcher and it works after he released a very small patch to fix it. So this releaseis a working DVD ISO for 10.4.6. Get it at Pirate Bay.

This is it people,the whole working dvd,forget about all those ppf's with addon fix ppf's and what not.I know that a lot of ppf's have poped up over the last few days about this,sorry about that.This isn't easy work and you want to have it working right?right.#so like anything else it takes a few tries to get it working for everyone.

10.4.6.install.dvd.iso

Enjoy!

This has just been released. I patched my own using JaS' patcher and it works after he released a very small patch to fix it. So this releaseis a working DVD ISO for 10.4.6. Get it at Pirate Bay.

Enjoy!

cool so whats the story with the frameworks for an intel system do they need to be copied over after an install like some of the upgrades.

cheers i appreciate your work for us not so techno people

@slipstream,

I know nothing about copying anything to anywhere. My install was a fresh one. I didn't need to do what you upgraders are doing. So you might have to wait for any kind of confirmation before upgrading.

@slipstream,

I know nothing about copying anything to anywhere. My install was a fresh one. I didn't need to do what you upgraders are doing. So you might have to wait for any kind of confirmation before upgrading.

well with one of the 10.4.5 to 10.4.6 upgrades it disabled the frameworks by copying them to a local on your disk and put the original frameworks onto another directory.

this was done evidently because amd system would not like the new frameworks and if u had an intel u could copy the old foler over the new and get some extra stuff working

to tell ou the truth I really don't know much about upgrading it i think it would cause issues,I would go for a clean install to a new drive,then just copy your settings and files form the old one over,when you first boot into the new install when setting up everything.

to tell ou the truth I really don't know much about upgrading it i think it would cause issues,I would go for a clean install to a new drive,then just copy your settings and files form the old one over,when you first boot into the new install when setting up everything.

What about the performances of the new system? Are they really better than 10.4.5? What are the benchmarks? Are they good?

Of course this question goes to JaS as well as all the other guys who have installed the new 10.4.6 Install DVD.

(btw Happy Easter, everybody :P )

PS: I forgot to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, JaS, FOR DOING THIS FOR ALL OF US!!! ;)

As Myzar said, the trouble of upgrading to the latest if you have a perfecly working system is not worth it. Stick with what you have unless you have the time and patience to deal with the problems you might encounter. I have not seen any significant speed at all. As a matter of fact, 10.4.4 is better for me because of less mouse trailing.

im getting it right now. domino, how long did it take you to obtain? and what was your download and upload rates at?

JaS released a PPF before this ISO was released. I patched my own myzar 10.4.4/5 ISO. The PPF is no longer available because you also needed to repatch with a 10k ppf :P. I guess it was just decided to release a complete ISO and remove the PPF.

Ken, If It didn't ask me to log in everytime I restarted, it would be the same bios to gui time as 10.3/4. These is the only gripes I have, (a) the mouse problem is as bad as 10.4.5 (B) it promts me to manually log in.

Does this (fresh install) work, when using a USB mouse and PS2 keyboard?

This combination worked fine with 10.4.3, but would not work with a fresh install using the 10.4.4/10.4.5 installer: got an error message of "no keyboard is attached".

system:

Intel P4 2.4C Northwood (SSE2)

Abit IC7 (Intel 875 chipset)

SATA HD

PS2 keyboard

USB mouse

Does this (fresh install) work, when using a USB mouse and PS2 keyboard?

This combination worked fine with 10.4.3, but would not work with a fresh install using the 10.4.4/10.4.5 installer: got an error message of "no keyboard is attached".

system:

Intel P4 2.4C Northwood (SSE2)

Abit IC7 (Intel 875 chipset)

SATA HD

PS2 keyboard

USB mouse

my dell optiplex gx260 has a ps2 keyboard and a usb mouse and it installed on the the dvd 10.4.5 i have not tried this one yet

Don't compare 10.4.3 to the official releases. Some things from the Beta version will not carry over to the official release. Might I add that you want to test these hacks and cracks, yet you don't have all the tools necessary to do the job? Go invest in cheap tools and test them yourself.

Before the questions on this thread become irrelevant, lets stops and think about what this thread was created for. Not what hardware it will work for which version. Do not force the mods to lock this thread. I don't mind answering questions. Just don't be lazy and ask questions already answered on the other threads and the wiki.

Edit: If you have a PS2 kb, you will not be able to run Front Row unless you know how to hack it or get a USB kb.

Edit2: You guys running notebooks and laptop will be able to use combine PS2 and USB hardware.

Everytime I start the download the torrent from the greendemon site I get an error about insuficient space, but there is 30 gb of space free!!!!

Everytime I start the download the torrent from the greendemon site I get an error about insuficient space, but there is 30 gb of space free!!!!

Get a 500gig drive. That should take care of it :o