The great X1550 w/ QE/CI, of course!

testmusictest

2 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot to Super_engine in this thread.

ATI X1550 - Quartz Extreme?, any chance to get it to work?

I'm testmusictest.

I have 2 X1550 card. both pci-e 256MB w/ silent heatsink only.

1. GeCube raedon X1550 model no. HM1550GE2-D3 Device ID:7146

2. MSI X1550(Only has a DVI & a TV out) Device ID:715F

Though I cannot use dual vga w/ this 2 card.

But I believe that I drive them perfectly.

1.) W/ the card Device ID:7146: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, here we go. Install this NatitX1330.kext, open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v -f or anything like that.

Things are done now.

2.) W/ the card Device ID:715F: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI NOT enabled by default when enter into the system. Glad that I have Super_engine's ATIRadeonX1000.kext. Now I have QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, Where we go then? The same NatitX1330.kext!! , open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v or anything like that.

Things are done now.

Now you have the Great cheap X1550 card w/ QE/CI perfectly!!! I think it's one of the best card to use w/ barebone OSX86 on the living room.

Here I add this 2 kexts.

Best regards,

testmusictest

p.s.: If any body find the way to dual VGA w/ X1550, please inform!!! That'll make X1550 better than perfect!!!

p.s.2: this 2 kexts not develop by me, but thanks those have effort w/ this 2 kexts!!!

For_X1550.zip

• 5 months later...
Thanks a lot to Super_engine in this thread.

ATI X1550 - Quartz Extreme?, any chance to get it to work?

I'm testmusictest.

I have 2 X1550 card. both pci-e 256MB w/ silent heatsink only.

1. GeCube raedon X1550 model no. HM1550GE2-D3 Device ID:7146

2. MSI X1550(Only has a DVI & a TV out) Device ID:715F

Though I cannot use dual vga w/ this 2 card.

But I believe that I drive them perfectly.

1.) W/ the card Device ID:7146: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, here we go. Install this NatitX1330.kext, open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v -f or anything like that.

Things are done now.

2.) W/ the card Device ID:715F: No matter you use iDeneb 1.3 or XxX 10.5.6 final or iPC 10.5.6 final, DO NOT choose any VGA card driver during installation. You'll find QE/CI NOT enabled by default when enter into the system. Glad that I have Super_engine's ATIRadeonX1000.kext. Now I have QE/CI enabled by default when enter into the system. But w/ mouse cursor glitch.

Okay, Where we go then? The same NatitX1330.kext!! , open terminal.app to do the "diskutil repairpermissions /" and then reboot. No need flag -v or anything like that.

Things are done now.

Now you have the Great cheap X1550 card w/ QE/CI perfectly!!! I think it's one of the best card to use w/ barebone OSX86 on the living room.

Here I add this 2 kexts.

Best regards,

testmusictest

p.s.: If any body find the way to dual VGA w/ X1550, please inform!!! That'll make X1550 better than perfect!!!

p.s.2: this 2 kexts not develop by me, but thanks those have effort w/ this 2 kexts!!!

no success. i'm installed a ideneb 1.3 with driver 1300-1550 for ATI Radeon x1550. then i delete the natitX1300.kext, install natit.kext and edited the ATIRadeonX1000.kext with my device id. and still no success... should i reinstall all the system? is there any thing that i forgot?

Thanks!

thats my situation:

ATI Radeon X1300 PRO:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1300 PRO

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7143

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays: SyncMaster: