How to get your ALC850 Sound in 5.1 Configuration.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

CompCrasher86

CompCrasher86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Building computers, audio and video editing, HOME THEATER, Xbox 360.

I don't know why but when I come to step 5, I clicked on each of the boxes to test the speakers but only two of them work (LEFT FRONT and RIGHT FRONT). The others don't have any sound!

Interesting. I havn't installed it yet but I am having the same problems under Windows. I was really hoping OSX wouldn't be the same. Is this soundcard native to OSX?

killerdeath

killerdeath

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hey I like need major help on my audio the ALC850 on mobo GA-K8N-Pro-SLI
i have tried many kexts for the AC97 and some reason nothing is working I am running Zephyroth's 10.5.1 AMD Leopard

Please help HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED -_-

canadrian

canadrian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I've seen a couple other people with my issue - ALC850 but no devices show in the sound control panel - but no one seems to have any solutions. Anyone? Help me make the devices show up? When the wiki says ALC850 works out of the box but on my machine it won't even show any in.out devices, it's pretty frustrating...

pino72

pino72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Hey,

still no resolution for the constantly rotating mutlichannel bug? Any new 850 drivers out?

damn....

guzferreira

guzferreira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
No solution for this problem????????????

mitzaodx

mitzaodx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Did anyone found the solution for ALC850 SPDIF or 6 channels?

mikrobi

mikrobi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have a problem with my audio unit. the 6-channel problem after using logic 8 pro. after logic quits...the result is a switch to 6-channel mode in audio-midi-setup with the result that the sound stops immidiatelly. After that i have to select in audio-midi-setup the 2-channel output ...with the result that the sound comes back immidiatelly. did anybody helped you or do you have a solution to this complicated procedure?

btw. i use snow leopard 10.6.5 on my asus m2n4 sli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy