Let us know what you're working on!

Swad

44 posts in this topic

We've had a lot of people that have been working on the same project, but ended up working alone since they didn't know anyone else was interested.

If you're working on a project, tell us about it here. If you want to start working on the project together, start a new thread in this forum!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm working on porting FFScroll to Hackingtosh (synaptics and alps touchpads).

Also working on getting IO80211Family working for thirdparty cards. Current issue is that you can't issue ::start on the IO80211Controller class, which is darn odd IMO. Next in my todo is to disassemble the AirPortExtreme driver and try to figure how it loads the Wlan controller.

• 4 months later...

Once I get my new MacBook, I'm going to start tinkering/testing around with creating a speadsheet program that'll fit into the iWork suite. Something powerful like Excel, but clean and simple like Pages and Keynote.

Has anyone worked on anything like this? This'll be my first Mac program, and the ({censored}) I learned in VB for Windows won't do me any good, so if anyone has any pointers, tips, or sites for a first time Mac programmer, that'll be great!

Thanks,

Pixelation

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm working on Safari Aqua. I hear that Aqua is loved so I brought it back in Apple's browser. I also posted in the Beta testers topic as I need some to make sure it works.

Download version 0.5 here

I'm working on porting FFScroll to Hackingtosh (synaptics and alps touchpads).

Also working on getting IO80211Family working for thirdparty cards. Current issue is that you can't issue ::start on the IO80211Controller class, which is darn odd IMO. Next in my todo is to disassemble the AirPortExtreme driver and try to figure how it loads the Wlan controller.

You should contact me, I've emailed Stefan (the guy who hacked the G4's Airport binary portion of the kext to allow MAC adress changes) for some heads-up on doing the same on the Intel binary. I am genuinely interested in getting this thing to work as I want it to work, because Apple doesn't seem to support their drivers being able to change this value, it's hard-coded into the binary.

Anyway, I am working on the AirportExtreme driver. So if you need any help or think you can be of any help to my cause, please drop me a note.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to figure out how to make a script or application that attaches to a folder of my choice i.e documents. It then copies it to my server on the network. And it updates automatically whenever something is saved into the folder. I have very in fact no knowledge of apple script and i have no idea how to do it, please email me @ jimbo.100b@googlemail.com if you want to help me.

Thanks, jimbobo

• 4 weeks later...

Commercially I am working on an OSX Terminal Server just like the Windows Terminal Services but allows multiple users to have different desktops hosted on the 1 mac server. This is cool because the clients could be dumb terminals or even windows clients, (mac clients are also supported).

Open Source wise I am thinking about working on a method introduced by the guys at this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=38763

And if they don't want to do that then to make a bootable dvd that boots a very small linux kernel then a qemu system to boot osx86 in it. Like a LiveDVD but where the hardware is abstracted from the OS while not sacrificing more then 10% of the speed if it were to run natively. This would make it very portable and able to run on platforms that would others be unable to run osx86.

• 1 month later...

I'm working (slowly - real life has an incredible ability to get in the way) on a set of tools analogous to VMware Tools.

I have a working prototype (look in the Windows + VMware + Hackintosh area) using bash, CocoaDialog, and vmw. The immediate future for this project is to provide a compatibility layer in bash between CocoaDialog, xdialog and cdialog. This will provide a (limited) GUI interface to vmw on multiple platforms.

For the Mac, though, I'm going to subsume the vmw code into a proper Cocoa application. This will provide better responsiveness and allow the addition of more features.

• 1 month later...

Due to limitations in Automator, I decided to start makeing a better app for kext instalation, and maybe add kext editing too.

This is just a preview

post-109158-1182617755_thumb.png

Usage will be either just drop kext on application and get it installed (including permissions set and tagged cache file) or open application and use drag and drop.

Loginwindow will have option for "quickchange" (delete and replace) or apples recommended reboot version (install at startup).

Thinking about a backup ability when installing, so the app can be used to uninstall kext with too.

Update:

Got a working beta now :thumbsdown_anim: will post it soon probably.

-Easy mode is default, drop files on application, type pw and click button to install

-Advanced will show shell script (editing possible) and give some more options like turn off backup function.