Let us know what you're working on!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
We've had a lot of people that have been working on the same project, but ended up working alone since they didn't know anyone else was interested.

If you're working on a project, tell us about it here. If you want to start working on the project together, start a new thread in this forum!

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts
I'm working on a driver for Ati video cards and its moved into the Alpha stage,But there is still alot to be done and anyone that wantes to help can pm me or just post here http://forum.osx86pr...?showtopic=3741

Also you can join #AtiMac at irc.freenode.net and talk about how you can help.

sportman

sportman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
im guessing the odds of graphics accell on my ati radeon mobility 9600

will be slim to none, even down the road :lol:

Praganonut

Praganonut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Doing the dutch translation on wiki.

Escape311

Escape311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hey Jas, if you could focus solely on the Radeon 9000 Pro, that would be great. Ok, I'm sorry, I'm ass. I'm just sad that I can't get my 10 year old card to work. :D

phb

phb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I'm working on porting FFScroll to Hackingtosh (synaptics and alps touchpads).
Also working on getting IO80211Family working for thirdparty cards. Current issue is that you can't issue ::start on the IO80211Controller class, which is darn odd IMO. Next in my todo is to disassemble the AirPortExtreme driver and try to figure how it loads the Wlan controller.

Pixelation

Pixelation

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Once I get my new MacBook, I'm going to start tinkering/testing around with creating a speadsheet program that'll fit into the iWork suite. Something powerful like Excel, but clean and simple like Pages and Keynote.

Has anyone worked on anything like this? This'll be my first Mac program, and the (crap) I learned in VB for Windows won't do me any good, so if anyone has any pointers, tips, or sites for a first time Mac programmer, that'll be great!

Thanks,

Pixelation

petrus101

petrus101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

his'll be my first Mac program, and the (crap) I learned in VB for Windows won't do me any good

It will if you program it in Real Basic :poster_oops:

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
I'm working on Colonels Paint. The Beta is under development and should be released soon.

bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm need to learn how to make a simple file browser, then I can go on to make a PSP compiler.

If anyone can help me out with the filebrowser, just PM. Thanks :P

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
I'm working on porting r1000 linux driver (RTL8168, 8111, 8169, 8100).

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

I'm working on porting r1000 linux driver (RTL8168, 8111, 8169, 8100).

First beta shipped :P I've started playing with my Envy24HT-S sound card.

trav1085

trav1085

ハーカー

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hacking, system security, programming, apache, webserver, macs, pc, osx86, vista, dos...
I'm working on Safari Aqua. I hear that Aqua is loved so I brought it back in Apple's browser. I also posted in the Beta testers topic as I need some to make sure it works.

Download version 0.5 here

trav1085

trav1085

ハーカー

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hacking, system security, programming, apache, webserver, macs, pc, osx86, vista, dos...
Not exactly mac related, but has mac similarities:

Tech News Search Engine (Google Co-Op)

bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm working on a 3D game engine, then I plan to actually make a game with it (FPS style probably) :)

slapstick

slapstick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I'm working on porting FFScroll to Hackingtosh (synaptics and alps touchpads).
Also working on getting IO80211Family working for thirdparty cards. Current issue is that you can't issue ::start on the IO80211Controller class, which is darn odd IMO. Next in my todo is to disassemble the AirPortExtreme driver and try to figure how it loads the Wlan controller.

You should contact me, I've emailed Stefan (the guy who hacked the G4's Airport binary portion of the kext to allow MAC adress changes) for some heads-up on doing the same on the Intel binary. I am genuinely interested in getting this thing to work as I want it to work, because Apple doesn't seem to support their drivers being able to change this value, it's hard-coded into the binary.

Anyway, I am working on the AirportExtreme driver. So if you need any help or think you can be of any help to my cause, please drop me a note.

jimbobo

jimbobo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I'm trying to figure out how to make a script or application that attaches to a folder of my choice i.e documents. It then copies it to my server on the network. And it updates automatically whenever something is saved into the folder. I have very in fact no knowledge of apple script and i have no idea how to do it, please email me @ jimbo.100b@googlemail.com if you want to help me.

Thanks, jimbobo

JCC

JCC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Commercially I am working on an OSX Terminal Server just like the Windows Terminal Services but allows multiple users to have different desktops hosted on the 1 mac server. This is cool because the clients could be dumb terminals or even windows clients, (mac clients are also supported).

Open Source wise I am thinking about working on a method introduced by the guys at this thread:
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=38763

And if they don't want to do that then to make a bootable dvd that boots a very small linux kernel then a qemu system to boot osx86 in it. Like a LiveDVD but where the hardware is abstracted from the OS while not sacrificing more then 10% of the speed if it were to run natively. This would make it very portable and able to run on platforms that would others be unable to run osx86.

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
Posted Image

:hysterical:

mac-mini

mac-mini

1337 avatar made by Prawker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
nice colonel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy