HP D530U resists installing drivers

luobo

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a HP Compaq Business Desktop D530 Ultra-slim PC. Recently I tried to install Tiger on it. See the picture:

http://pcbrokerph.com/goods/images/20080915015052cont3.jpg

The install works without problems, OsX is booting.

for installing the Brodcom network driver the PC resists all tries to make it work properly. I did all patches I found in this forum.

When writing IFCONFIG using the terminal I can see the interface en0 being detected. I can input the MAC address. It does appear after typing IFCONFIG. But it does not appear in the system profiler, also after a reboot the MAC address is lost (using IFCONFIG).

Similar to the display driver. The system profiler gives me the (onboard) graphics card ID 0x2572. It is an Intel 865 chipset. All attempts to make the display work in 1600x1200 resolution failed. In Windows as well in UBUNTU I could acieve this resolution. Also, in this forum it is reported that this resolution is possible. I do not even come to another resolution than 1200x1000 (reported by the dock, I did not count them).

Any ideas? It is a nice small computer yet powerful ineough for my demands. I would like to use it with Os X.

Wolfgang

• 1 year later...