New background images

Ed

9 posts in this topic

One of the new features we introduced is the ability to change the width and background of InsanelyMac via the controls in the top right of the site.

We have just 4 background images at the moment, but we'd love to add a few more, or even replace the existing ones with any contributions from you guys - so if you've designed some beautiful repeating backgrounds that you think would work well on InsanelyMac, get designing and submit them here!

Hey khaled, I think it needs to be coloured or dark, as opposed to quite a light one, as the logo's very light - and of course nothing too psychedelic ;)

looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hey Ed,

How are you today?.

I just wanna know if this suitable for our site or not,ok? and it will be something like that:-

1 or 2

83488089zb5.th.jpg

44568314on4.th.jpg

By the way,it's 1081x1081 Pixels,I think this is the dimensions of our background in this site,isn't it?.I hope you like it!.

Khaled :D

yo khaled_acmilan, thanks a lot for those! The 1st one I definitely like, I just tried mocking it in Photoshop against the InsanelyMac website and it looks real nice - are you able to remove the shadow on eitherside (left and right) and possibly deliver to me as just a strip which we can then repeat in the x axis? Holla if you're not sure what I mean!

Thanks!!

Hello again Ed,

I'm very happy you like it,I removed the shadow from the main background and make it as new one,but I can't understand what you mean by "possibly deliver to me as just a strip which we can then repeat in the x axis" but I uploaded to you the PSD file so,you can make what you want in this background and if you wanna a different background just request it.

The link:-

http://a1.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/foredzip5ef45.zip

Khaled

Thanks a lot Khaled, we're working with this now - if you've got any other ideas, feel free to submit - all I meant was we need it to be a repeating background, i.e. one that we can "tile" horizontally, so that people on really big screens will see a seamless repeating background.