New Chameleon Announced!

~pcwiz

157 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Chameleon works on the Mac Partition , so set the Mac partition as active, if you want to use Chameleon.

Thank you. I going to try putting it in. Also I notice my OsX already has the previous version of Chameleon when boot, just that the older version doesn't seem to see the OSes in another hard drive, only partitions in the same hard drive. Is the version 2 see OSes in another hard drive?

Thank for the help

Thomas

Got it in my OSX and have the selection of "ALL" partitions from "every HD" in the boot list, including partitions for storage use. Everything shows in write text over black background. (Just a text menu like any previous one.)

What now?

I don't know which file or app should I open to edit/ change the open screen to looks like the example picture. How to do that?

This is the example picture bellow.

24.png

Thanks

Thomas

probably a stupid question... how does SMBIOS injection exactly work with Chameleon 2.0?

Well, that was already part of an earlier version, which was OSS for your info, so I am more interested in learning why the source is no where to be found.

There's a diff file inside the download for ChameleonSM if you're interested in looking at the SMBIOS patching:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137112

It said in the release announcement that the source for Chameleon 2.0 will be released with the final version.

If they release it now you know that there's going to be eleven AnV versions of it until the final Chameleon 2.0 comes out.

I don't think they want that to happen. :)

There's a diff file inside the download for ChameleonSM if you're interested in looking at the SMBIOS patching: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137112

It said in the release announcement that the source for Chameleon 2.0 will be released with the final version.

If they release it now you know that there's going to be eleven AnV versions of it until the final Chameleon 2.0 comes out. I don't think they want that to happen. :)

Right. Of course not. Clear :D

Thanks.