New Chameleon Announced!

~pcwiz

157 posts in this topic

But what about the chime? Is that possible to do in the future maybe? This would really begin to bridge the gaps as well.

Nope, not possible right now and probably never will be... :) because that would mean writing some sort of audio driver for every card out there. Reason: we can't load audio kexts in the bootloader and have it working unless the kernel is also loaded. But don't quote me on that. People working on Chameleon are f'in brilliant.

Nice!!

It could ve usefull a menu option to start in "really" safe mode, without all the known problematic kexts: AICPUPM, DSMOSX, injectors...

You can edit the properties in the kext plist to choose which extension loads in safe mode or not. Using a booter to take control away from kernel, is at best unwise. All kext can be therotically problematic...

New features include EFI partition and SMBIOS patching. Hope they also include OHR to the boot loader too.

The version I have now is on the EFI partition but have not got the required kext files on EFI partition

So is this what you mean by EFI Partition and not have any patched kext files in S/L/E ??

The version I have now is on the EFI partition but have not got the required kext files on EFI partition

So is this what you mean by EFI Partition and not have any patched kext files in S/L/E ??

Yes, with the new version we will finally be able to put all the patched kexts in the EFI partition instead of OS X partition - and have an UNTOUCHED install. Also, no more AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext; the boot loader now has this function.