Feedback on new website!

Ed

87 posts in this topic

@Master Chief - thanks for that, I see the problem now! This is an issue with the Lucidity skin, we'll see what we can do to resolve it

Great. Let's hope that you'll be able/have time to fix it some day.

I for one do appreciate your hard work, and especially your attitude because dealing with all these 'complaints' - that must be though at times. I know how that feels, trust me, and that is why I share my appreciation - I'm not boosting your ego, maybe a little, but you deserve it. Keep on the good work!

BTW I just noticed that the spinner above the text: "Initializing Attachements..." keep spinning, and the init procedure doesn't seem to take place.

Arrgh! Who changed the fonts back to bold?

Please turn the bold fonts OFF it looks hideous in FF.

Afflicted items:

Top (Hover) Menus (Help, Members, Rules),

Breadcrumb trail,

Forum Titles,

Post Date and Post Number,

User status in Forum Posts,

Theme selector and Stats Box

and Footer area!

Small fonts when emboldened simply don't look attractive. Please turn OFF the bold!

Also, why is it that in FireFox i get the full Stats info above the footer but in Safari only get the theme selector and time display?

It seems the new theme doesn't like to decide between wide and normal. Sometimes it goes wide and sometimes normal. I have set it to Fluid Width btw.

@~pcwiz - how does the font sit with you now? Actually, that goes out to everyone! :blink:

@Master Chief - thanks, keep the feedback comin, I'll keep the updates comin - can't seem to reproduce that initializing attachments issue though, have you got any more details/screenshots? Which browser are you in?

@Nemi - can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing please? Suhail changed the fonts last night and I think it's way better now, but perhaps your setup isn't loving it - and I need to see it if so!

@Suhail - what kind of issues are you seeing exactly? Not sure I understand!

@iNoob - thanks for the feedback, not had any previous reports of the APPL widget not working right - anyone else seen any problems? There is a short delay when mouseOver'ing - how prelonged is it for you guys?

@Master Chief - thanks, keep the feedback comin, I'll keep the updates comin - can't seem to reproduce that initializing attachments issue though, have you got any more details/screenshots? Which browser are you in?

I found the problem - it was my content blocker blocking frames. Sorry to have bothered you with this.

Well, i like it! It fits really nice on my FF with "Nasa Night Launch" theme :D and it's been working fine here, no major flaws. In fact feels lighter and some things work better now, like the font, size and color buttons when formatting posts/pms (though they need some cleaning). Added an exception for IM on AddBlockPlus, cause you were nice guys and moved that ad to the bottom. Still, i have a love/hate relationship with the top bar! :wacko:

Still have to see how it goes with the OSx86 Database.

Check the pics for some bugs..(solved)

Nice work overall.

@Master Chief - no drama, let me know if you find anything else - Suhail's just launched the latest release of the skin with bug fixes aplenty

@Azimutz - thanks so much for those screenshots, Suhail's already nailed the 2nd one, I'll draw the other 2 to his attention, no doubt he'll make short work of those :(

I def like the new layout. looks good on my widescreen :thumbsup_anim:

I think as of now i only have 3 things that i didnt like.

1. the add at the top is ridiculously huge and sticks out like a sore thumb. totally takes away from the cool theme.

2. AAPL widget still not working *EDIT: Works (after a long loading period) in Safari and IE7. But does not work at all in FF for me.

3. I think that the "News" and "Forum" could be different or cooler and also all those icons all togather are to big (possibly just because of my big widescreen monitor)

and just something that i thought would look cooler would be to give the bar thats right below the "news" "Forums" and all that, a gloss look and possibly make the blue a bit darker. (this obviously isnt a bug or whatever lol its just a suggestion :D )

Ok i gotta edit this for a bug update

Shouldnt the whole frame stretch instead of just the one?

I deem this photo titled

"lol wut"

lol%20wut.JPG

@Grav3Mind - thanks for this feedback, how long is the AAPL stock spark taking to load? Seems to take about 1 second at worse on mine

Also, with regards to the post being too wide for the frame, I suggest trying the "full width" mode on the site which you can toggle from the top right in the header

I like the new colors and the style.

I HATE the way I can't see threads anymore. Instead of reading down an often already long post of discussions, now I have to scroll down, click n the next post in a thread, wait for it to load, scroll back up. And not even an arrow to facilitate this.

It's frigging making me want to scream.

Keep the new style and the colors, but please lose the non contiguous thread posts.

@Grav3Mind - thanks for this feedback, how long is the AAPL stock spark taking to load? Seems to take about 1 second at worse on mine

Also, with regards to the post being too wide for the frame, I suggest trying the "full width" mode on the site which you can toggle from the top right in the header

AAPL stock spark Def. loading much faster now. was taking anywhere from 10 seconds to 30 seconds before, now its around 1 or 2.

and yeah i knew about the widescreen mode i just thought that maybe there was a way for you to code the frame to be adaptive and stretch everything instead of one boxframe if one post is much larger than the others.