Feedback on new website!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
There's something very odd about the way it reacts to right-clicks, but I haven't pinned down what yet.

In the meantime I managed to replicate the "desync" problem I had earlier: click "view new posts", click the second topic, either to read the first or last post therein. have a quick read, click "view new posts" again, and the topic will not be marked as read.

I just did that 3 times in a row, same each time.

Ok even odder: I clicked "view new posts" in quick succession & the posts came up in a different order each time, without any visible changes being made to them, literally seconds apart.

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 817 posts
@bofors - fixed the Google search issue, try it now

@pcwiz - addressing all those issues, although I'm not sure why you can't login to WP - going to test that. As for the Twitter script, it was still working, but the URL was broken - Suhail fixed this pretty much straightaway

@Master Chief - thanks for that, I see the problem now! This is an issue with the Lucidity skin, we'll see what we can do to resolve it

@Hagar - just tried to recreate those issues with View New Posts but it's working fine for me - anyone else seeing those issues?

user555

user555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
its a very nice setup? may i ask what type of script you used to construct it? for example did u use joomla or drupal or what type of blog system did you use ? and how on earth are you able to get it so information from the forums can be dragged into the homepage... ?

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 817 posts
@user555 - thanks for the feedback, the forum is run by Invision Power Board and the blog system is powered by WordPress. We initially started using a plug-in called Invision Bridge but we found it wasn't really up to scratch for the volume of requests and data we get on our forum, so we've applied a lot of our code to get it to work - and all without touching the code within Invision so that we can easily upgrade the forum as and when updates and security patches are available.

Let me know if you want to know anything else in more detail

user555

user555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
hey thanks alot i really apperciate that. ;). umm well it would be kind of nice if the forum skin would or could eventually match the homepage i relize you probably have that in mind in the future perhaps and well with forum skinning it really is almost a whole new world of coding ( truly is a bitch)....

as i look closer however i see that you have fixed width and wide width and i love the ability to change the colors. that is wicked cool. one thing i would change or rethink however is probably the slogan. "mental about macs" doesn't really get me, perhaps others like it ? overall its new its nice and looking forward to seeing advancement in the future

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

as i look closer however i see that you have fixed width and wide width and i love the ability to change the colors. that is wicked cool. one thing i would change or rethink however is probably the slogan. "mental about macs" doesn't really get me, perhaps others like it ? overall its new its nice and looking forward to seeing advancement in the future

Thanks for bringing up this point too!

"mental about macs" surely, and this is if we were, we are "mental about hacks"!?

SticMAC

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 817 posts
OK, so how about; "the home of OSx86." instead?

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

OK, so how about; "the home of OSx86." instead?

No.

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 817 posts
that shot that one down :P any suggestions, Hara Taiki?

MGJulius

MGJulius

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
I'm not a big fan of the "Mental about Macs" slogan as well (Makes us sound like psychopathic apple users XD).

+1 for "Home of OSx86"...Short, Sweet, and to the point

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

that shot that one down :) any suggestions, Hara Taiki?

Keep the original, it's fine.

@MGJulius: There's a philosophical reason it should not be named "Home of OSx86"...

Running With Scissors

Running With Scissors

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Mentally Running OS X on PCs

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Another suggestion, the font on the new theme is absolutely disgusting. Change it back to Verdana or whatever you are using on insanelybeautiful.

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 817 posts
@~pcwiz, I concede - we're going to change the font :)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

@Master Chief - thanks for that, I see the problem now! This is an issue with the Lucidity skin, we'll see what we can do to resolve it

Great. Let's hope that you'll be able/have time to fix it some day.

I for one do appreciate your hard work, and especially your attitude because dealing with all these 'complaints' - that must be though at times. I know how that feels, trust me, and that is why I share my appreciation - I'm not boosting your ego, maybe a little, but you deserve it. Keep on the good work!

BTW I just noticed that the spinner above the text: "Initializing Attachements..." keep spinning, and the init procedure doesn't seem to take place.

Nemi

Nemi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Arrgh! Who changed the fonts back to bold?

Please turn the bold fonts OFF it looks hideous in FF.

Afflicted items:

Top (Hover) Menus (Help, Members, Rules),
Breadcrumb trail,
Forum Titles,
Post Date and Post Number,
User status in Forum Posts,
Theme selector and Stats Box
and Footer area!

Small fonts when emboldened simply don't look attractive. Please turn OFF the bold!

Also, why is it that in FireFox i get the full Stats info above the footer but in Safari only get the theme selector and time display?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Also, why is it that in FireFox i get the full Stats info above the footer but in Safari only get the theme selector and time display?

Because you forgot to login first?

Nemi

Nemi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Because you forgot to login first?

Quite right :)

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Your moma.
I dont like the new theme, which is why, unpon being re-instated, i changed to the Insanely Beautiful :D

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
  • Interests:PHP Coding
    Trance Music
    Xbox 360 :)
    Web Designing
It seems the new theme doesn't like to decide between wide and normal. Sometimes it goes wide and sometimes normal. I have set it to Fluid Width btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy