New InsanelyMac!?

123 posts in this topic

Same thing as everyone else: DO NOT WANT. And whoever "updated" the site did not do a very good job, as the site was dead and broken until Suhail fixed it. Please delete the Lucidity theme from the site (rm -rf it and do a 37 pass wipe).

<3 InsanelyBeautiful

If you did a 37 pass wipe, the whole hard drive would be wiped and the forum would be gone ;)

@Suhail: You can't 37-pass zero-out a specific section on the HDD.

Also, I would just like to point out that the "database" icon is actually that of ODBC Administrator in the Utilities folder. I highly doubt you got permission from Apple to use this, and it is not royalty-free.

Wow, you guys really don't know what professional looking sites look like apparently.

And you don't know what a nicely organized and set out theme looks like, obviously...

@Suhail: You can't 37-pass zero-out a specific section on the HDD.

That's true, I wasn't really going into the technical specifics. Just wanted to give people an idea of how bad I want it gone. And I forgot, its 35 pass wipe not 37 :)

How about this brilliant idea: We delete the Lucidity theme from this site, take all the source code, databases, files, w/e from the Lucidity theme and all its backups, stick it on a spare HD, and just for fun, 35 pass wipe the HD, then burn the HD in the furnace and post a video on YouTube :P

+1 anyone?

Well I consider being able to properly edit your posts a "function." Login doesn't work right, password retrieval tool is not working either. The added "Card" feature doesn't work period. There are also many graphical kinks which certainly do not make the site any more professional looking than it already did (eg. moderator badges, quote box, buttons).

Don't get me started on the atrocious amount of advertisements present.

The final battle!! (pic) ^^ :)

stroke, I can confirm the password reset feature is broken. After I couldn't login for no aparent reason, I reset my password 2 or 3 times. You get as far as the new password e-mail and then it won't take the new password :\

oh boy, there's a fair bit of work for me to get on with in this thread... :)

ok here goes:

@SticMAC - there's a 'View New Posts' button up top - it's now a neat little icon but if in doubt you can rollover it to get its fullname - once you get to know which icon does what I'm sure you won't give it a 2nd thought but would appreciate anyone else's take on this? Shall we just put it back to plain text-based links?

Also, how do you mean about organisation by OS/issues?

Finally - yes we're going to get the background colour of where your avatars sit back to white, it's not looking too tidy at the mo with everyone's nicely designed white bg avatars sitting on light blue!

@bofors - apologies for lack of communication with the community, totally my bad but hopefully with channels of communication re-opening with Hagar we'll be able to work more closely - the more feedback we get and the sooner we get it, the quicker can tweak and hone your forum to how you guys want it.

@Superhai - yeah we figured a lot of people simply aren't up for change, which is cool by us, we'll continue to support your favourite themes alongside the new one.

@drumthrasher109 - you'll be able to add stuff to the OSx86 DB shortly, it's coming real soon, can't wait to roll it out to you guys!

@man-mini - yeah the badge at the top right is a bit of a fail, we'll get that moved to below the avatars which will soon be back on a normal white background so everything looks nice and seamless again, sorry bout that!

Also, in-post advertising will now only be shown to guests

@texta - lol @ ur pic

oh boy, there's a fair bit of work for me to get on with in this thread... smile.gif

ok here goes:

@SticMAC - there's a 'View New Posts' button up top - it's now a neat little icon but if in doubt you can rollover it to get its fullname - once you get to know which icon does what I'm sure you won't give it a 2nd thought but would appreciate anyone else's take on this? Shall we just put it back to plain text-based links?

Also, how do you mean about organisation by OS/issues?

Finally - yes we're going to get the background colour of where your avatars sit back to white, it's not looking too tidy at the mo with everyone's nicely designed white bg avatars sitting on light blue!

@bofors - apologies for lack of communication with the community, totally my bad but hopefully with channels of communication re-opening with the Hagar we'll be able to work more closely - the more feedback we get and the sooner we get it, the quicker can tweak and hone your forum to how you guys want it.

@Superhai - yeah we figured a lot of people simply aren't up for change, which is cool by us, we'll continue to support your favourite themes alongside our new one.

@drumthrasher109 - you'll be able to add stuff to the OSx86 DB shortly, it's coming real soon, can't wait to roll it out to you guys!

@man-mini - yeah the badge at the top right is a bit of a fail, we'll get that moved to below the avatars which will soon be back on a normal white background so everything looks nice and seamless again, sorry bout that!

Also, in-post advertising will now only be shown to guests

@texta - lol @ ur pic

Professional response from an understanding and respectable admin. +rep

@Ed,

A ton of stuff from OSx86 Library was taken and put in the database. Was this done with permission?

I can't speak for the owners of the database, but the users who contributed the material were not consulted, and I have had quite a few complaints

Seeing as Sabr didn't know about the forum update, I'm skeptical....

EDIT: Ed, if you are wondering about my negative posts regarding this, please don't get me wrong. You are a respectable admin (IMO) and have helped me in the past, and that help is something I won't forget. But this whole idea of changing the entire forum as we know it without telling ANYONE really ticked me off...

I have to jump on this too. I mean, it is slow!!

Here is posts from Firebug and Yslow:

Yslow.png

Firebug.png

Overall, it sucks they STOLE from OSX86 Library, I have stuff posted in it. It is also outdated (I knew that though).

Why did they not tell us? I mean we are the people generating revenue, no Alpha testing? nothing?! (Except for the logo competition)