New InsanelyMac!?

123 posts in this topic

I was out for a while, going to German lessons, came back and found a brand new forum layout!? Now, I'm not one for using "WTF" but , WTF?

In the past me and a lot of my housemates scrolled through the various posts and learned interesting things, helped people that needed help desperately and learned a lot of stuff(even different languages) by selectively going through page update after page update, and responding to queries and comments!

NOW

Everything seems to be organized according to OS or Issues, so just scanning through the general posting is not possible anymore?! Will this mean that help is now few and far between? Can somebody explain how to get the equivalent of the old "Daily Last Posts" back on my screen?

SticMAC

kk

Its taken me an hour to get used to it!

Now, I'd like to remove this post, but I can't, I can't even edit it!

ALSO, why hide the new post button in the top right corner with all the other maintainace buttons?

ALSO, why hide the new post button in the top right corner with all the other maintainace buttons?

Can someone change the color of the space where our avatars are back to white as most of us spent a lot of time getting them to fit on white?

Can someone change the color of the space where our avatars are back to white as most of us spent a lot of time getting them to fit on white?

As you can see I'm unable to edit my posts so I have to keep on replying to myself!

Yes, it appears the edit function is broken in the new theme (for the moment), however you can revert to the previous theme

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/f324b5ea8797...8c5d.png?direct

by clicking "lucidity" in the bottom left corner and changing it to "InsanelyBeautiful 1.5"

then things will look as they did until all the bugs are ironed out in the new theme.

*this section edited in to prove edit still works in the old theme*

This is the ugliest new website I have ever seen. Not to mention it is broken all over the place. I also see we've turned in to an advertisement haven. As if the site isn't slow enough already.

This is very dissapointing and with no warning :(

I agree, it's pretty horrible. It would be nice if it wasn't laden with advertisements, but this isn't a community site anymore, it's a commercial one.

Also I see Hagar's no longer an administrator. What's with this? Imposing a new world order with Fubra at the helm? In fact the only remaining "original," active (barely) administrator is Sabr.

I don't like where this is heading.

Perhaps as a follow-up to take the edge off of what is happening here, but accurately represent the feelings of most users:

dnwdk4.png

I protested and got sacked, thanks for everything, it's been an exciting few years.. best of luck with the future, you'll need it.

thats harsh, but foums are property of the owners, not the users and mods, sometimes hard to remeber,

kinda wierd the new style, i liked the more plain looking old one. and even more wiered, after logging in, i got the old style back

Eww! What monstrous pile of {censored} has been dumped inside InsanelyMac's themes folder.

Thank god you can go back to ignorantcow's 1337 theme.

However, this still doesn't fix the fact that the organizing of the forums has been changed quite oddly.

Eww! What monstrous pile of {censored} has been dumped inside InsanelyMac's themes folder.

Thank god you can go back to ignorantcow's 1337 theme.

However, this still doesn't fix the fact that the organizing of the forums has been changed quite oddly.

ignorantcow's 1337 theme ftw :)

Holy {censored} I leave for a month or two to study for exams and the site is completely screwed. Nice.

Insanely Beautiful was perfect, I really have no idea why you felt that the site needed a new look. If you wanted more ADs you could have put them in the old one, or asked IgnorantCow to do a redesign. The buttons look horrific and everything looks out of place.

Remember what they say: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Same thing as everyone else: DO NOT WANT. And whoever "updated" the site did not do a very good job, as the site was dead and broken until Suhail fixed it. Please delete the Lucidity theme from the site (rm -rf it and do a 37 pass wipe).