Fantastic Theme on osx86!

10 posts in this topic

share the secret then.

Not really a secret. Just convert a shapeshifter guikit by running it through GuiKitty and then Guikit2dlta. Take the extras.rsrc and convert to the intel architecture Extras2.rsrc using the tool in this thread . Replace the default OSX one located:

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources"

then reboot.

Not really a secret. Just convert a shapeshifter guikit by running it through GuiKitty and then Guikit2dlta. Take the extras.rsrc and convert to the intel architecture Extras2.rsrc using the tool in this thread . Replace the default OSX one located:

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources"

then reboot.

Yea, but you also have to manually replace some other files too(Dock, Spotlight,Finder,etc..) or you will have peices that look out of place. :)

post-14857-1145234908_thumb.jpg

Here it is, this is not a photoshop trick, im not that good with PS.

fantasticx862ax.th.jpg

Parts of it are horrible...

Like in the top left, where the Spot light is... It isn't themed properly. And it's highlight is Purple and Green...

However, just my opinion!

Very good! :)

thats because i converted the extras.rsrc to intell compatiblity, and i have to covert the finder.rsrc with something else, theres nothing that can convert the finder yet, so i have to say at least we can do a little/enough to customize dont you think.

The original theme is all well and good, but the finder brushed metal just dont blend in and unify with the rest of the OS.

I think the finder bar at the Top is Perfect. the Finder windows should be more along the lines of Safari with Saft installed and Aqua Enabled.