iAtkos 5i 10.5.5 upgraded to 10.5.6 still low res only on ATI X1300

babenis

1 post in this topic

I'm a hackintosh newbie and I spent last few days trying to setup a hackintosh on my ASUS P5B-VM DO mobo with ATI X1300 video 256MB (0x7142) from iAtkos 5i distribution.

Everything installed and works perfectly (after playing with BIOS options for days), except the Video Resolution.

When I open the System Profiler it's not showing that the Graphics / Display as ATI Radeon X1300, however it does have QE and CI as enabled.

What i'm trying to do is to have Mac OS identify the adaptor and set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 (that's the only one that my screen supports properly).

I tried using Natit.kext package to identify the video card - system doesn't boot after i kextload -v Natit.kext (would only start in "-v -x -f -legacy" mode), then I tried downloading some other ATI related .kext packages - same issue; after trying the previous couple options I went ahead and applied Mac OS X 10.5.6 Combo Update hoping that the original kext files will fix the issue (downloaded through apple) and no luck again.

Could anyone possibly tell me what am I missing in order to get Mac OS work properly with my ATI X1300?

System still works fine in low resolution without Natit driver but on top of video not working properly Sound stopped working as well after applying 10.5.6 update (and that is SoundMax AC97)

Detailed Specs:

ASUS P5B-VM DO motherboard

2GB RAM

ATI X1300 256MB video

JMicron

Any help in this regard is going to be HIIIIIIIIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks