[GUIDE] Installing Leopard on Dell Studio XPS i7

Yardie

267 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks to every body for post your tips, i am new at Hackintosh, but i am very happy becouse i have a XPS 435T working Almost Perfect.

Shutdown and slepp working

I have two problems

Restart dont work

I have Network but not IPV6 and ichat dont work

can someware post about this thanks

:(

this is a copy of Profile at Network

xps 435T i7 920

6GB

7300 SE

Retail DVD with myhack

Ethernet 1:

Type: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en0

IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.1.100

IPv4:

Addresses: 192.168.1.100

Configuration Method: DHCP

Interface Name: en0

Network Signature: IPv4.Router=192.168.1.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=00:25:68:ba:27:94

Router: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0

IPv6:

Configuration Method: Automatic

DNS:

Server Addresses: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server Responses:

Domain Name Servers: 192.168.1.1

Lease Duration (seconds): 0

DHCP Message Type: 0x05

Routers: 192.168.1.1

Server Identifier: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Ethernet:

MAC Address: 00:23:ae:e7:23:9f

Media Options: Full Duplex

Media Subtype: 100baseTX

Proxies:

Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16

FTP Passive Mode: Yes

Sleep Proxies:

MacProEstudio:

Marginal Power: 84

Metric: 502784

Portability: 27

Total Power: 85

Type: 50

Service Order: 0

Hi, Thanks to every body for post your tips, i am new at Hackintosh, but i am very happy becouse i have a XPS 435T working Almost Perfect.

Shutdown and slepp working

I have two problems

Restart dont work

I have Network but not IPV6 and ichat dont work

can someware post about this thanks

:)

this is a copy of Profile at Network

xps 435T i7 920

6GB

7300 SE

Retail DVD with myhack

Ethernet 1:

Type: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en0

IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.1.100

IPv4:

Addresses: 192.168.1.100

Configuration Method: DHCP

Interface Name: en0

Network Signature: IPv4.Router=192.168.1.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=00:25:68:ba:27:94

Router: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0

IPv6:

Configuration Method: Automatic

DNS:

Server Addresses: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server Responses:

Domain Name Servers: 192.168.1.1

Lease Duration (seconds): 0

DHCP Message Type: 0x05

Routers: 192.168.1.1

Server Identifier: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Ethernet:

MAC Address: 00:23:ae:e7:23:9f

Media Options: Full Duplex

Media Subtype: 100baseTX

Proxies:

Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16

FTP Passive Mode: Yes

Sleep Proxies:

MacProEstudio:

Marginal Power: 84

Metric: 502784

Portability: 27

Total Power: 85

Type: 50

Service Order: 0

Hi,

Check this

http://www.stanford.edu/~dub/macstuff/index.html#ifconfig

How did u manage to make sleep work?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm getting kernel panics when i first boot up and it would go to the apple screen just like you see in the attached pic. If i turn off the machine and boot it up again, it would start up normally with no issues. It's almost consistently every time i first start my laptop i have to do that. Does anyone know what's causing this? I'm running 10.5.8 using iATKOS V7. Thank you in advance.

Dell XPS 1640

Core 2 Duo P8600

4GB DDR3

ATI Radeon Mobility HD3670

post-448929-1282516008_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I'm a hackintosh newbie. My plan is to attempt to install SL on my machine in the very near future (next week or two). My system:

Dell Studio XPS 8000

Intel Core i7 860 (64 bit)

8GB RAM

SATA HDD (new empty drive to be used for SL), DVDRW, Bluray

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

RealTek High Definition Audio

Dell Wireless 1505 801.11N wireless card

Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet (not used - not near a the router)

There is a lot of information on this forum that I've read through. It can be a little overwhelming with people suggesting different fixes for different problems/models with various results. Any recommendations or consolidated instructions for my configuration?

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

I'm a hackintosh newbie. My plan is to attempt to install SL on my machine in the very near future (next week or two). My system:

Dell Studio XPS 8000

Intel Core i7 860 (64 bit)

8GB RAM

SATA HDD (new empty drive to be used for SL), DVDRW, Bluray

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

RealTek High Definition Audio

Dell Wireless 1505 801.11N wireless card

Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet (not used - not near a the router)

There is a lot of information on this forum that I've read through. It can be a little overwhelming with people suggesting different fixes for different problems/models with various results. Any recommendations or consolidated instructions for my configuration?

Thanks

I noticed that my BIOS does not allow me to set the SATA mode to AHCI. I can only pick ATA or RAID. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've tried jsut about everything here.

With and without natit, evoenabler, legacy4800controller, 4800controller (with the 9442 deviceid),...

The best I get is 1 working screen, dual working screens booting with 1 screen attached and then connecting the other screen later but then mouse and keyboard don't work or dual blue screen...

I have a 435MT with gigabyte 4850 dual dvi - no dongles, 512mb, OS X 10.5.8 (retail).

Thanks a billion for any help !!!

ps. also, never got sleep to work. has anyone?

Well, after doing the HPET fix in the DSDT and taking out the NullAppleIntelCPUPM kext, my fans run erratically. As soon as some process usage happens, the fans ramp up. They also ramp up during shutdown/reboot. I put the disabler back, as I don't want to cause any damage. Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix? Sleep still didn't go into a deep sleep for me. The screen went black and the fans ran high, I didn't want to wait to long to see if it would go deep (about 15 seconds). I made sure S3 is selected in the BIOS before doing all of this.

It also dropped my Xbench score 30 points (from 220 to 190). Both of those scored are from me doing a second run of Xbench. The results were pretty consistent.

It sure would rock to get deep sleep working on this computer! Hopefully one of us will figure it out.

Also, I did the power button fix and my power button still does not do anything. I'm not sure if this is mainly used by notebooks or what, but it should still work.

Decided to give snow leopard a try. Can't seem to get dual screens up on leopard.

Perfektpill, were you able to solve the above issue?

• 1 month later...
Yes. 10.6.3 runs good for me (after fixing the video driver)--using my install method.

Anyone else upgraded to 10.6.4?

I used MyHack 1.1 and the 10.6.4 Combo to go from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4.

After the upgrade, my Logitech Boothtooth mouse stopped working and the

"BT Mini-Receiver" wasn't in the System Profiler's USB Device Tree.

Was able to get the mouse working again by installing the Chameleon-2.RCr619 boot loader.

But the boot time has gone from under 30 seconds to about 90 seconds with either the Chameleon or MyHack loader.

Anyone else experience slow boot times after upgrading to 10.6.4?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You do not need a kext for the ethernet card, at least i didn't install any kext for my ethernet. You need to go to system preferences, network, and double click on the ethernet. it should be activated after that

Ok,

Everything is fine on my XPS 435 MT, with a brand new harddrive (Samsung 1.5 To) and a Gigabyte GTX470 VideoCard.

On the Ethernet side, I noticed that everything works fine - Fixed IP on System -> Preferences. Great results on local file sharing with my other computers (all are Apple devices) but... I can't reached internet via Safari, Chrome or Firefox ! even if I reboot my machine several times...

Is there anything to setup like firewall or something ? All ports are open on my internet router for its MAC Adress.

The weirdest thing is : after a long shutdown of maybe 2 hours, I can use internet at its best performances. But, after maybe 5 minutes, this goes down and low. And finely no internet !

Any advices ??

Hello, is there anyone with a 435 MT who has 8 cores showing up on i7 920? The most I can enable using BIOS settings are 4 cores, and in About This Mac it shows up as 2 Dual Core.

Also, firewire does not seem to work for me. Drives are powered but no communication. I cannot receive internet over firewire earlier. If anyone knows of this please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

After a long run of Mac OS X 10.5 on my Dell, I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard.

I archived my data off and did a fresh install.

I used my MBP to install the software onto a USB drive.

I ran MyHack 1.1 to enable the drive.

-> I used the disable graphics function

I had to copy over the Intel networking drivers to get networking running.

I used VoodooHDA to get sound.

After that, I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the drive to my hard drive.

After a short while, everything was run.. except video.

I am running an MT, with the 4850 card. I tried the 7_radeon...pkg. I tried the framebuffer package. But, to no avail, I keep coming to a blue screen with nothing on it.

Any ideas?

Also, I am running 10.6. What's the best way to upgrade to the current (or a more current) version?

Hello, is there anyone with a 435 MT who has 8 cores showing up on i7 920? The most I can enable using BIOS settings are 4 cores, and in About This Mac it shows up as 2 Dual Core.

Also, firewire does not seem to work for me. Drives are powered but no communication. I cannot receive internet over firewire earlier. If anyone knows of this please let me know.

I haven't tested firewire.

As for 8 cores showing up, yes, I have that. Make sure Hyperthreading is turned on in your bios settings. Depending on your install method, it may have been turned off at one point. My processor is Quad Core with Hyperthreading (two threads per core), showing 8.